Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Literary Projects...?

This idea was born of me and my overworking mind, worrying about my to-be sprite project and my literary magazine entry at the same time. So, the two ideas clashed, and guess what was born? Literary projects!

Okay, so here are some ideas, but as this idea gains or loses support, we can add or improve ideas:
- Basically, like my sprite projects, which are basically collectives, we set a certain theme, and everyone creates a sprite according to that theme. In terms of fanfiction, you could either one, make a one-shot that sports that theme, or even, if you can, dedicate a chapter of your chaptered fanfiction, and add the theme! Sprite collective themes are a little different, though; they can be for holidays, colors, anything of that sort. For a fanfiction, we could make it so each theme is a fundamental theme of a lot of plots; love (romantic, family, aquaintance), change (physical, seasonal, emotional), revenge, etc.
- You would have a set amount of time do write your piece(s). You can donate as much as you want, and you have an ample amount of time to write what you want to write! It'll probably be two or three weeks, give or take a few days.
- You could even contribute in the Mixed: Written Work section, writing poems, original chaptered fiction, or original one-shots supporting the theme.
- I was actually supposed to be a judge for what was set up to be the Monthly Short Story Competition. In case some of you forgot, it died. DIED. One of my mod friends created it so we could expand interest in writing, and we failed her. I'm not saying this will restore it, but sort of complete the dream that a lot of us fellow writers have. Now, of course, the Fanfic Extravaganza is over; it comes once a year. However, that's a competition. Here, competition is diminished for a chance to show that we all can write without hesitating to click the "Reply to Thread Button," unsure if we want judges to review our work. Here, we can help each other out, and critique each other's work.
- We could even make guides, maybe not even needing to require them to match the theme (I only write original work tutorials; I don't know how you can possibly match the theme, but if you want, be creative and go for it).
- This is an environment you could be writing in for different reasons; grooming your writing to prepare for this year's Fanfiction Extravaganza, getting an excuse to write, being critiqued in fairness instead of being judged in competition, maybe even get attention for your work; to each his/her own. We all love to write. Let's make an environment out of our interests!

I will be reserving only one post to put up details for a project if we get enough people to support it. =)

By the way, if anyone is interested, the following quote is from my sign-up to apply to be the judge for the MSSC, which I mentioned earlier. This mentions my experience as a writer, what I've written, and what I had contributed so far to writing;

Quote:
As a writer, I've owned multiple fanfictions (couldn't finish a lot of them due to problems in the family, etc), I've made poetry threads, I've compiled ideas and pilot chapters for over thirty original stories, roleplayed a little on several different forums, and I type up stories everyday. Right now, I'm head of the AAOC, and I tackle ALL arts, including written works. I'm working on developing multiple writing competitions that will also beef up the writing sections a bit. I'm also working on developing a Pokémon Bible that will be based off of the Christian KJV Bible and a long Pokémon one-shot horror. I'm also writing scripts for v-logs and skits on YouTube, just wanting to add that in if that's important at all.

*Note: this was written in late 2009; the AAOC is sadly dead. =(

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 02-22-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Literary Projects...?

Reserved for future intention.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

I certainly feel bad about that Short Story competition, but for me that was a busy time and I just never had time to sit down and write. As some might remember, I created a project a while back where writers could come up with Folk Stories for the Pokemon world, but many people who had reserved ideas never wrote about them, and the project died. The activity in the Fan-Fic board is close to death, but I hope that we could change it. I'm in full support of this project, and certainly hope that it could bring back some writers.

So, please post, people! =D

If this does go through, I have an idea for a theme. We see plenty of Journey or Trainer fics out there, but how often do you read about Rangers? I've been working on a One-Shot Ranger story, and I'd be happy to share and see some other point of views. ^^

Old 02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Certainly a good idea! I need to write about something other than my current story (Stitches).

Pssst... how about for the uh, first catergory, about we, uh do- now I'm just sayin'- 9? The movie 9...? <---Stupid idea. But still, consider it. Maybe?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:14 AM

You see, I don't know how we can we get this out there and known without advertising? I'm no moderator; I can't get this well known. Only two people have replied. So, if you know any writing friends on the forum, PM them, and tell them all about this! Meanwhile, let's start conversation on this project, and see what we can come up with.

@Charmander: See, doing things like that is what I see for the future of projects in this board. How-things-came-to-be stories, Ranger stories; whatever!

@Mawile: I love Tim Burton to death (not that way. x3), but I seriously think 9 is... not what I'm talking about. For the Pokémon board, the furthest in that direction I could go would be to have Pokémon one-shots that have crossovers to other works... or, in the Other Fanfiction board, you could choose something, maybe 9, and then apply the theme.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Well, you could probably "legally" advertise if you placed it in your signature. But that's just one idea. ^^ But Yeah, I'll spread the word.

And I agree. I think they should be Pokemon-only or cross-over stories. ^^

Okay, so maybe we should have like a sign-up thread for authors interested? Then after a certain amount of time, we reveal the topic and give them like a week or something to get it done. But IDK.

EDIT: I just realized that I double posted. Sorry, I didn't realize that. o0' Stupid computer...

Last edited by Charmander009; 02-26-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Yar... This seems interesting, but I am not worthy...so...... *disappears*

(And Char, I would've come here when you first mentioned it, but I'm lazily stupid... But when you gave a convenient linkie! :D)

I'll give this a go, but I guarantee my failure! So buy now! Just call: 555-FAILURE today! Oh wait... I think I did something wrong...
Old 02-28-2010, 08:40 AM

Thanks, guys! I'll consider something soon; I'll probably propose something for March in just a few days. Kind of busy on the house right now, not to mention my own fic that no one's commenting on. Dx

So, yeah; I'll definitely type up something. Hopefully we can get enough people to contribute. .___.

If you have any friends, PM them to participate!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Why didn't anyone tell me about this? D: I will infract you all. :>

If this is up, I'll totally be joining. And yeah, let's keep it all Pokemon centric, though crossover can definitely be discussed, I think.

*goes to VM Bryce about this*

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
Why didn't anyone tell me about this? D: I will infract you all. :>

If this is up, I'll totally be joining. And yeah, let's keep it all Pokemon centric, though crossover can definitely be discussed, I think.

*goes to VM Bryce about this*

- Kat
xD

In which case, I'll type something up right now. If anyone has any ideas, let me know by posting here!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

All righty! So, what kind of ideas are you looking for exactly? =o

Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
All righty! So, what kind of ideas are you looking for exactly? =o
I don't know; anything. Themes, rules; anything that can go in this literary project. Oh, and a title! What should it be called? Just like my spriting projects: [PROJECT] ________ Project '10?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Oh, right! xD

Okay, so for rules... maybe start with the basics: Story has to be five paragraphs long, but no longer than three posts, and only one story per person? Stories must have something to do with the theme, and they have to be originals. No stolen stuff or anything.

Hmm, maybe we should make them a bit like how the Banner of the Week Competition (Or Sprite of the Month xD) works. We'll have a museum/vault/showcase of each theme's entries in a separate thread. Then, each month make a theme-thread where authors post in. My only question would be this: Should Authors post links in the theme-thread or post the actual story in it?

As for the title, give me all night to think about it and hopefully in the morning I'll throw some more ideas at you. ^^

*sorry if this is all gobbily-goob. It's pretty late, and I'm tired*