Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #391  
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
You was going good until that last statement. It's the people who prevent that.

I've been thinking and talking to people, and I've came to a new conclusion. What I get from the Bible is that you can't be gay if you're a Christian. Again I believe we are forcing our rules, our Book onto people who don't believe in it, and what good does that do? Nothing, just more arguments, more hate, and less love.

Now don't get me wrong, I still think being gay is wrong, but it's your life and your decision, so it's ok, God and I still love you. But..... I will tell you this, you, me, everyone will have to answer for their sins when they're facing tGod's judgment, so I warn you, it won't be pretty.
I guess it depends on how you see it. I see it that the Bible is preventing it because the Bible told the people that homosexuality is evil, and they're just enforcing their beliefs on others. You see it as the people because they prefer to believe that part of the Bible (Note: Always take what you read with a pinch of salt) and go ahead and enforce it. Either way, it's still dumb.

It would be a lot more fair if people kept their religious views out of society unless they had a valid, non-religious reason to back it up. Instead of saying "murder is bad because the Bible says so", you could go with "murder is bad because you rob that person of his future and opportunities in life, and you rob those around him of him." Then people would be less frustrated, especially in debates.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
Well, I've got some scary, gigantic words for you:

You're an ignorant moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
"Oh hey, I need to call my civil partner to pick up the kids we adopted... brb"
Win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Meg, I like you.

Anyways, to contribute: Yeah, let me marry, bitchess. Kay, bye.
I'll marry you Bryce. <3

I didn't even realise this argument was still going on.
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Gay marriage

I've never posted here?

You should be able to marry anyone as long as you love them... and as long as they are a living being. If you wanna marry a roach, all the power to you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Maleficent's Avatar
Maleficent Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Harassing the Government.
Posts: 3,237
Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent
Default Re: Gay marriage

I try not to be biased when it comes to these threads, as I'm gay myself, but I really don't see what the problem is. Love is love, it doesn't matter if other people don't agree with it. But something that comes to mind is that if God created us, yet didn't want men to love/marry other men, then why did he let us have that possibility anyway? But don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking religion. Just raising a point.
__________________
paired to wisp
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 AM
PaxPalkia's Avatar
PaxPalkia Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In Asuma Sensei's Bed xD
Posts: 1,902
Send a message via AIM to PaxPalkia
Default Re: Gay marriage

I am gay, and although I think marriage is a good thing, it belongs in the heterosexual community.

Marriage was originally meant for religious purposes between men, and women, not same sex.
I believe the people of my community deserve the same benefits, which having a domestic partnership is pretty close.
I don't agree with it at all, why do I need to have a paper that says I am spending the rest of my life with somebody I have hopelessly fallen for? I find it ironic that in the gay community, that certain paper means more than their actual loved ones.....

I try not to do this(Bash religion) because it gives hope and faith to many people, however, it ruins opportunities for other communites such as the gay one. Religion is based upon several things, but from what I can conjure; somebody wrote the bible and said god existed.
Somebody said unicorns and the lochness monster are also existing creatures.
Why do we believe in a higher being more than the monsters people claim to see?
And it's terrible that they use religion to run the states, and the law is based upon the bible, we should be able to live as we please, and not force religious beliefs on an entire country. That really proves that the United States of America is NOT a land of the free.


EDIT:
I have read the multiple spammers posts, and decided to contribute to their idiocy.
#1 AIDS came from Africa, it's been confirmed, their just not sure.
The reason it's more "popular" in the homosexual community is because, well..
Men are more sexually active than most women, their sex drive is constantly rampaging for most of us.
And when we want it, we get it, and if it's too much of a hassle to go grab protection, than alot of them simply don't. And it's worse in the gay community because there are TWO rampaging horny men looking to get it on...
That is why the number of HIV+ people are growing each and every day, and AIDS isn't even always connected to sex, there are several ways of obtaining it.
You could drop a piece of blood on a pen after getting a paper-cut, and meanwhile, when you're in the bathroom grabbing a bandage, somebody with an open wound on their hand picks up and uses the pen, blood infusion! BAM! AIDS!
....................

#2 I see alot of people saying that it is not natural to be gay.
I am pretty sure, nobody used potions, or "magical" spells on me this way when I was born, it just happens...NATURALLY.
If I was so unnatural, why hasn't anybody come and slayed my mutant ass yet?
Oh wait, that would be inhumane... Because I am a NORMAL person.
Which leads me to the final thing that bothered me in this thread.

#3 Why aren't I normal for being gay?
Are you normal?
What is normal?
I've seen alot of things that are considered unnormal, like when working a Petco, a pet rat squirted blood out of it's eye.
THAT is not normal...That was not supposed to happen, and it usually doesn't.
But me being who I am....isn't normal?


There are alot of people in here that stereotype way too much, and aren't educated, or have an experience with that relating to the homosexual community.
So I advise the ignorant ones stay out of this thread, because I am not only livid, I am PISSED.
__________________
Because you only live once...

Last edited by PaxPalkia; 02-10-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Zombie Muse's Avatar
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: braaaaiiinnns....
Posts: 1,343
Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxPalkia View Post
And it's terrible that they use religion to run the states, and the law is based upon the bible,...
It might be becuase this country was founded by protestants seeking religious freedom, but only for their religion, so when they made the laws they put their religious beliefs in it, and as human beings we are afraid of change, so that might also be why the law is still the same way (although it's changed a lot through out history and will still probably change as people become more P.C.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxPalkia View Post
Religion is based upon several things, but from what I can conjure; somebody wrote the bible and said god existed.
Somebody said unicorns and the lochness monster are also existing creatures.
I know you probably didn't mean to offend, but compairing God to made up creatures is a little offencive. It's easy for humans to believe in a higher being. Where ever humans have lived, they've believed in higher being/beings most likely because it's hard to concept the fact that the entire world and space around us just happened and eaiser to comprehend that a higher being made it. Point is; it's easier for people to believe in a higher being because of this, rather than a horse with a horn that does nothing, or a moster that has said to have died out millions of years ago.
__________________

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 02-10-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 AM
PaxPalkia's Avatar
PaxPalkia Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In Asuma Sensei's Bed xD
Posts: 1,902
Send a message via AIM to PaxPalkia
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
It might be becuase this country was founded by protestants seeking religious freedom, but only for their religion, so when they made the laws they put their religious beliefs in it, and as human beings we are afraid of change, so that might also be why the law is still the same way (although it's changed a lot through out history and will still probably change as people become more P.C.)




I know you probably didn't mean to offend, but compairing God to made up creatures is a little offencive. It's easy for humans to believe in a higher being. Where ever humans have lived, they've believed in higher being/beings most likely because it's hard to concept the fact that the entire world and space around us just happened and eaiser to comprehend that a higher being made it. Point is; it's easier for people to believe in a higher being because of this, rather than a horse with a horn that does nothing, or a moster that has said to have died out millions of years ago.
I really didn't mean for the last part to be offensive.
But I see god as no different than any other fairy tale.
He's just the biggest of all.
__________________
Because you only live once...
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxPalkia View Post
Marriage was originally meant for religious purposes between men, and women, not same sex.
This is false. Marriage was originally a way of identifying, in human language as opposed to the former animal method of conveying emotion, of identifying one's permanent mate. As society grew, the practice of marriage became integrated into that society, essentially making the person one identified as their husband/wife as part of the family, which also became an integral part of society. As the influence of religion grew many of them absorbed marriage into them while in others it remained separate.

I do agree, though, that legal domestic partnerships are honestly as good in my opinion as actual gay marriage, as long as they are granted absolute and equal rights; i.e. no one is allowed to discriminate between a married couple and domestic partners.

Quote:
I try not to do this(Bash religion) because it gives hope and faith to many people, however, it ruins opportunities for other communites such as the gay one. Religion is based upon several things, but from what I can conjure; somebody wrote the bible and said god existed.
Somebody said unicorns and the lochness monster are also existing creatures.
Why do we believe in a higher being more than the monsters people claim to see?
I agree with you that the bible is a load, but to insult the belief in God like that puts you with Richard Dawkins in my book (for the record I hate Richard Dawkins). First of all you can't just insult all religions because some of them discriminate against gays, not all of them do. In fact, to my knowledge the Abrahamic religions are the only ones that do. Second of all, prove to me that unicorns and the Loch Ness monster aren't existing creatures and I'll believe you. Granted, I don't believe in them either, but my point is still there. You can't prove to anyone that God doesn't exist. Third of all, name one community other than the gay community that Christianity (since those are your active opponents right there) attempt to ruin opportunities for. And lastly, I dunno if you knew this, but religion is high ranking on the list of things that improve happiness, not because of the faith but because it creates a community in and of itself. So rather than putting religions (specifically Christianity, since that's the only one that everything you've said actually pertains to) down, why don't you focus on showing the people who belong to those communities (I stress this word) that they're wrong about your specific issue and bring them around to your point of view.

Quote:
And it's terrible that they use religion to run the states, and the law is based upon the bible, we should be able to live as we please, and not force religious beliefs on an entire country. That really proves that the United States of America is NOT a land of the free.
Yes, it is. We don't use religion to run the states and law is not based on the bible. Was the country founded on Juedo-Christian values? Yes. Do a lot of lawmakers base their decisions on their religious beliefs? Yes. But unfortunately a lot of laws must be based on morality rather than purely on logic, and for a most of legislators-and for that matter their constituents-that morality comes from their religion. HOWEVER, in the pre-Civil War days many pro-slavery groups cited Christian and biblical justification for slavery. The same happened in the fight for miscegenation (interracial marriage). And in both instances, and many others, the morality changed when people found different interpretations, or simply decided "screw it, that can't be right" and it's only a matter of time before the same happens for gay rights. Quite frankly I'm just waiting for Christians to smack themselves in the head and figure out that Jesus, their Lord and Savior, very clearly told them that discrimination and hate are against his teachings.[/QUOTE]
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Angela's Avatar
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Sea Temple
Posts: 2,917
Send a message via MSN to Angela
Default Re: Gay marriage

I have to agree with Sixto in here. If you love someone and that someone loves you back then you should be able to marry them, as long as both aren't married to other people at the time then they should apply for divorce first before getting married.. Also I find that the people have to be off the same species to get married (I mean, whom doesn't wanna marry their cat? xD).
__________________



Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Mr420's Avatar
Mr420 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Battle Subway, Isshu
Posts: 3,912
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
I've never posted here?

You should be able to marry anyone as long as you love them... and as long as they are a living being. If you wanna marry a roach, all the power to you.
at 1st this comment threw me for a loop. I was going to say somethign along the line "hey inter-species marriage really?
But then I took it a bit further and I must say I do concur 100%. although If someone is going to marry a goat just so they can fornicate with it...um.. I'd say keep that under wraps as much as possible. in the dark better yet..
But on the other hand say aliens landed on earth in my life time if I fell in love with that female species I would for sure want to marry that sentient being aswell. I would also hope people under stand me when I walk hand in hand with an alien female be it on earth or some where interstelar.
__________________

Pokérus Empire
Reply With Quote
  #401  
Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
at 1st this comment threw me for a loop. I was going to say somethign along the line "hey inter-species marriage really?
But then I took it a bit further and I must say I do concur 100%. although If someone is going to marry a goat just so they can fornicate with it...um.. I'd say keep that under wraps as much as possible. in the dark better yet..
But on the other hand say aliens landed on earth in my life time if I fell in love with that female species I would for sure want to marry that sentient being aswell. I would also hope people under stand me when I walk hand in hand with an alien female be it on earth or some where interstelar.
Oh no, because see when aliens come down to earth gay rights will become so much easier since we'll have a new group to condemn and oppress simply for being who they are.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Oh no, because see when aliens come down to earth gay rights will become so much easier since we'll have a new group to condemn and oppress simply for being who they are.
This is so true it hurts.

Damn straight man.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com