Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default New ways to obtain Pokemon?

Lock this if you deem this unneccesary.

This thread basically spawned from Jess's thread. It's become quite apparent that people want new ways to obtain Pokemon. The current ways of obtaining Pokemon are as follows:

Stories
National Park
Pokemart
Some Tournaments
Special Events
Auctions

Remind me if I'm missing something. ^^;

Stories and RPing is writing orientated, whereas the others all come down to money or battling skill. Some people lack either money or writing skill, and that's why I made this thread.

Basically, suggest something that could be appropriately used to obtain Pokemon. Make sure it's something you have to work for, which is currently one of the flaws with the breeding center, as pointed out by Bumblebee.

*Hides behind anti-flame proof baracks and listens for suggestions*.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: New ways to obtain Pokemon

maybe something that involves spriting or banner making. like you make a sprite/banner and somebody judges it and based on how good it is he/she can decide if they catch a pokemon or not. i still haven't figured out the details but it could work.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
maybe something that involves spriting or banner making. like you make a sprite/banner and somebody judges it and based on how good it is he/she can decide if they catch a pokemon or not. i still haven't figured out the details but it could work.
The problem with that is, I think it'd be too easy for some of the more advanced banner and sprite makers. The difference with a story is, it takes a lot of time and effort, and a lot of revising. Somebody can quite easily whip up an exceptionally good sprite in about 10-30 minutes. A banner would be more so, but how would you judge if he/she received a Pokemon or not? And how would you get harder Pokemon? A more advanced sprite/banner?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
QIC Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to QIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
Maybe something that involves spriting or banner making. Like you make a sprite/banner and somebody judges it and based on how good it is he/she can decide if they catch a Pokemon or not. I still haven't figured out the details but it could work.
I really like this, or we could have banner competitions and based on the difficulty of the themes the winner(Chosen by the GFX Elite) will be able to pick a Pokemon in a certain category(I'd say based on the Grading/story writing chart of Pokemon)

98% of teens drink or smoke before they're 18, put this in your signature if you like bagels
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIC View Post
I really like this, or we could have banner competitions and based on the difficulty of the themes the winner(Chosen by the GFX Elite) will be able to pick a Pokemon in a certain category(I'd say based on the Grading/story writing chart of Pokemon)
You mean like the Banner Contest held every once in a while for the URPG? The prize for them is a Legendary. :x

Although graphics take time and some effort, it's hardly comparable to writing a story, where as one can make a beautiful wallpaper of Porygon-Z in an hour, the story, at a massive 70k+ would take hours, perhaps days and weeks.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:22 PM
QIC Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to QIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
You mean like the Banner Contest held every once in a while for the URPG? The prize for them is a Legendary. :x

Although graphics take time and some effort, it's hardly comparable to writing a story, where as one can make a beautiful wallpaper of Porygon-Z in an hour, the story, at a massive 70k+ would take hours, perhaps days and weeks.
I haven't been here long enough to experience it, but I guess so, but with non legendary pokemon. I'm suggesting is that there are different themes so that we can get out of our comfort zone, and depending on how difficult or hard the theme maybe we can have a set prize, and if you win once you have to wait a month to try again, but if you don't win you can go for next week, and so on.

98% of teens drink or smoke before they're 18, put this in your signature if you like bagels
Old 01-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:

^That was what I wanted to say in my earlier post xD It just didn't sound like it.

I think we can easily find new ideas for obtaining Pokemon by looking around the forum. :3 We've already made a start by looking in the Art Section, but it's too easy. D:
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Sequentio Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
^That was what I wanted to say in my earlier post xD It just didn't sound like it.

I think we can easily find new ideas for obtaining Pokemon by looking around the forum. :3 We've already made a start by looking in the Art Section, but it's too easy. D:
I think better ideas may come from the ASB Market.
There are numerous ways of obtaining Pokemon there, though most are based on luck and chance. However, it may be an interesting starting point.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
I think better ideas may come from the ASB Market.
There are numerous ways of obtaining Pokemon there, though most are based on luck and chance. However, it may be an interesting starting point.
That has always pressed my mind. I didn't suggest it because I didn't want the URPG to become an ASBRP. I suppose it could work, but it'd have to differ vastly to what was on offer there.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Sequentio Offline

Quote:
That has always pressed my mind. I didn't suggest it because I didn't want the URPG to become an ASBRP. I suppose it could work, but it'd have to differ vastly to what was on offer there.
I'm not saying RP - since we already have the National Park. (Which is wonderful).
However, I'm talking about some of the shops, or varied activities like that.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
I'm not saying RP - since we already have the National Park. (Which is wonderful).
However, I'm talking about some of the shops, or varied activities like that.
I meant ASB when I said ASBRP. I just felt that was more appropriate. :X

What most of the officials don't like about certain ideas is how easy it is to get a Pokemon or the lack of effort put in. I don't think luck based games will really swing by them.

To be honest, we have to create a new game inside the URPG.

Wait.

Pokethlon anyone? :o
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Sequentio Offline

Quote:
I meant ASB when I said ASBRP. I just felt that was more appropriate. :X

What most of the officials don't like about certain ideas is how easy it is to get a Pokemon or the lack of effort put in. I don't think luck based games will really swing by them.

To be honest, we have to create a new game inside the URPG.

Wait.

Pokethlon anyone? :o
Which is why you said you'd have t change them so they're not luck based.
But... Pokethelon is quite like Contest Coordination. :x
Old 01-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: New ways to obtain Pokemon?

Sorry, but I really don't think this is necessary. It's been brought up before and there have been no decent suggestions.

I'm going to lock this, but if another mod feels it should be kept open then be my guest.
Closed Thread