Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG

Pokemon Ultra RPG Expand your horizons.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
No

Generally you just IM a person asking if they want to battle. Then you IM a ref, asking if they'll ref the battle. If you can find a ref that agrees, then you make a chat and battle in the chat.
From what I'm told we do also have an official AIM URPG chatroom, but no one's ever in it.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Fever Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fever Send a message via MSN to Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracharmander View Post
Is there a trainer station for AIM URPG battlers?
No; as Haze said you just ask privately on AIM, but I wish we did have one. :(

I prefer the challenge thread in forum battles to asking people over IM, but battling is best when on AIM in my opinion.

There's never anyone in the AIM chatroom, so there's very little point to it. And those of us who might (I stress might over would) log in don't bother because no one else ever would :(

I don't really battle much anyway though, so I don't suppose my opinion counts for much.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:07 AM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

*Removed*

Doing everything with a flare.

Last edited by flareon008; 12-28-2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: WAS BEING BAD - VERY VERY BAD BOY
Old 12-28-2009, 04:40 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a ref and one battle participant to be in a chatroom and have the other battler tell the ref moves and have the ref relay what happens to that battler. To make more sense of this, I am asking because of iPod's incapability to be in chatrooms. Talking about AIM, by the way.

Waruvial 2177
Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shana2488 Send a message via MSN to Shana2488 Send a message via Yahoo to Shana2488

I was curious.. Are we allowed to change the natures of Pokemon we've obtained? Also, can we wipe their battle histories clean? The reason I want to do that is because I'd like to make an actual record of their battle history and I forgot who they've already battled. I'm just wondering if these things are possible. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana2488 View Post
I was curious.. Are we allowed to change the natures of Pokemon we've obtained? Also, can we wipe their battle histories clean? The reason I want to do that is because I'd like to make an actual record of their battle history and I forgot who they've already battled. I'm just wondering if these things are possible. Thanks!
Unfortunately, you cannot change the Nature of the Pokemon you have recieved. That is listed here.

"Also, when you trade a Pokemon whose Nature has already been decided, it will keep that Nature (just like how Gender can't be changed when a Mon is traded)."

Anywho - you can wipe the battle record as long as you indicate it was wiped after being obtained. :D

Last edited by Sequentio; 12-28-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:35 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:

URPG pokemon have no natures. And battle records don't really matter so I don't see why not.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 12-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shana2488 Send a message via MSN to Shana2488 Send a message via Yahoo to Shana2488

The Pokemon I'm referring to is my Magby and I caught him in a story. I realize I can't change the nature of traded ones, but what about Pokemon you've caught yourself through story or whatever? Can you change the nature of those Pokemon? Also, do the Pokemon you obtain through Story Deal have you as the OT or the person who bought them/captured them in the story as the OT?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
The Pokemon I'm referring to is my Magby and I caught him in a story. I realize I can't change the nature of traded ones, but what about Pokemon you've caught yourself through story or whatever? Can you change the nature of those Pokemon? Also, do the Pokemon you obtain through Story Deal have you as the OT or the person who bought them/captured them in the story as the OT?
"A Pokemon's Nature CANNOT be changed after it's been chosen, so pick wisely."

From the same thread, but it explains you can't change your own Pokemon's Nature once it has been decided, even if you are the OT.

Also, when you obtain a Pokemon from a trade, (which you do with Story deals), the one who wrote the story is the OT for the mon captured in the story - such as th person who bought the mon from the Mart is the OT for that Pokemon. :D
Old 12-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot! That clears everything up for me!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post

URPG pokemon have no natures. And battle records don't really matter so I don't see why not.
With the instatement of the National Park they do. However, I would like to point out that as long as you haven't joined the National Park yet you can in fact change the nature of your Pokemon, and additionally if you haven't added a Pokemon that wasn't captured in the National Park yet I'm fairly certain you can change it then as well.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Hi everyone, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a ref and one battle participant to be in a chatroom and have the other battler tell the ref moves and have the ref relay what happens to that battler. To make more sense of this, I am asking because of iPod's incapability to be in chatrooms. Talking about AIM, by the way.
Still wondering about this.

Waruvial 2177
Old 12-29-2009, 01:23 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Still wondering about this.
I don't think so - it'd be too easy to cheat. Also, if the rules were D/P, it'd get confusing with the alternating moves thing.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Here's a valid question. If a Pokemon gets the necessary battle experience, do you HAVE to evolve the Pokemon? I didn't see an Everstone in the Pokemart to buy so you can prevent them from evolving.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:54 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Here's a valid question. If a Pokemon gets the necessary battle experience, do you HAVE to evolve the Pokemon? I didn't see an Everstone in the Pokemart to buy so you can prevent them from evolving.

I can answer that. No, you don't have to evolve your pokemon if you don't want to. You are free to choose!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.