Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:01 PM
KOR Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to KOR Send a message via Yahoo to KOR
Default Re: Leaves/Temporary Leaves/I'm Back Thread

Been a long time since I was here, and I saw a Team RP coming up, so I think i'll stay a bit.

These Pokemon are pretty dope :P
Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Okay, well, I guess I should post this now and get it over with, instead of waiting like I was planning on doing. I don't think things are going to clear up within a week, but if they do, well, there ya go. But if not at least I won't have to try and get this posted then.

Okay, so I thought I finally got things sorted. Turns out I didn't. A lot of you know I've been job hunting for quite some time now, and I thought I'd found something stable. Turns out it was a temp job and nothing permanent, so I'm back to hunting. My schedule is all screwy again, and now I've got something else to work on other than getting a job.

It's basically like this. The Franklin County Department of Family Jobs and Services (used to be called the Welfare Office lol) offers a food stamp program. I have applied for it, for the sole purpose of the work assignments they send you to in order to work off your food stamps. My hope is that someone will decide to hire me permanently, which happens pretty often, or so I've heard. I've been having such a hard time finding a permanent job by the usual channels, so I'm trying this one and REALLY hoping something comes of it.

That being the case, I'm working on getting everything together and sorted for my caseworker, and once I'm approved (I'm sure I will be), I'll be starting my work assignments. I'm not sure what kind of schedule I'll have, but I know I won't be on nearly as much as I have been lately.

That being said, I've decided it's in my best interests to leave PE2K for a while, in part at least. I'll be getting on a few times a week, hopefully, to check on the Mod board and make sure nothing needs my attention, and I'll be active in a few areas around the forum. Other than that, about the only place you'll catch me online is AIM, which I'll lurk around during the times I'm job-hunting or doing something else online.

Now, to mention specifics:

-RP Board
I have two RPs I'm in right now that I'm going to remain a part of. I won't be joining any other RPs until things get settled down. This includes the Team RP, which I was (and still am) psyched about. I really wanted to be part of it and thought I would be, but I know it'll be active and I won't be able to keep up. I'm not going to stress myself out trying to. The RPs I'm in now have slowed down to the point I can easily keep up, and that's the only reason I'm staying in them.

-URPG Board
The only thing I'll be active in is Battles. I'll probably give up my Gym, since I don't think I'll be active enough to hold on to it (despite the fact hardly anyone challenges Hearthome these days anyways). I'll be doing tourneys and forum FFAs when I notice them being held, and if you catch me on AIM I'll probably be up to a battle, but I won't be battling nearly as much as I am now. I'm not doing any writing or Grading of any kind, and my Park duties are currently being handled by Eraizaa-kun, so I'm not doing anything in that section either (save getting on to talk to Erai and the Elite Rangers in case they need me for something).

If anything comes up and someone REALLY REALLY DESPERATELY needs to get a hold of me, you can email me at j_lea_graham@yahoo.com. That's the email I check most often (it's the one I used for applications and such), so I'll check it at least once every day or every other day. Please, unless it's some sort of emergency, don't send me an email at this address. If you want to send a casual email, send it to tyranitar_trainer@yahoo.com. Warning: I don't check that one nearly as often, so there's a good chance your email will go unanswered for a couple weeks.

*Sigh.* And that's pretty much it. I'm really hoping this food stamp work assignment thing will help me turn things around and get them settled in something stable. Wish me luck! <3

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-25-2009, 11:57 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Okay, well, I guess I should post this now and get it over with, instead of waiting like I was planning on doing. I don't think things are going to clear up within a week, but if they do, well, there ya go. But if not at least I won't have to try and get this posted then.

Okay, so I thought I finally got things sorted. Turns out I didn't. A lot of you know I've been job hunting for quite some time now, and I thought I'd found something stable. Turns out it was a temp job and nothing permanent, so I'm back to hunting. My schedule is all screwy again, and now I've got something else to work on other than getting a job.

It's basically like this. The Franklin County Department of Family Jobs and Services (used to be called the Welfare Office lol) offers a food stamp program. I have applied for it, for the sole purpose of the work assignments they send you to in order to work off your food stamps. My hope is that someone will decide to hire me permanently, which happens pretty often, or so I've heard. I've been having such a hard time finding a permanent job by the usual channels, so I'm trying this one and REALLY hoping something comes of it.

That being the case, I'm working on getting everything together and sorted for my caseworker, and once I'm approved (I'm sure I will be), I'll be starting my work assignments. I'm not sure what kind of schedule I'll have, but I know I won't be on nearly as much as I have been lately.

That being said, I've decided it's in my best interests to leave PE2K for a while, in part at least. I'll be getting on a few times a week, hopefully, to check on the Mod board and make sure nothing needs my attention, and I'll be active in a few areas around the forum. Other than that, about the only place you'll catch me online is AIM, which I'll lurk around during the times I'm job-hunting or doing something else online.

-RP Board
I have two RPs I'm in right now that I'm going to remain a part of. I won't be joining any other RPs until things get settled down. This includes the Team RP, which I was (and still am) psyched about. I really wanted to be part of it and thought I would be, but I know it'll be active and I won't be able to keep up. I'm not going to stress myself out trying to. The RPs I'm in now have slowed down to the point I can easily keep up, and that's the only reason I'm staying in them.

-URPG Board
The only thing I'll be active in is Battles. I'll probably give up my Gym, since I don't think I'll be active enough to hold on to it (despite the fact hardly anyone challenges Hearthome these days anyways). I'll be doing tourneys and forum FFAs when I notice them being held, and if you catch me on AIM I'll probably be up to a battle, but I won't be battling nearly as much as I am now. I'm not doing any writing or Grading of any kind, and my Park duties are currently being handled by Eraizaa-kun, so I'm not doing anything in that section either (save getting on to talk to Erai and the Elite Rangers in case they need me for something).

If anything comes up and someone REALLY REALLY DESPERATELY needs to get a hold of me, you can email me at j_lea_graham@yahoo.com. That's the email I check most often (it's the one I used for applications and such), so I'll check it at least once every day or every other day. Please, unless it's some sort of emergency, don't send me an email at this address. If you want to send a casual email, send it to tyranitar_trainer@yahoo.com. Warning: I don't check that one nearly as often, so there's a good chance your email will go unanswered for a couple weeks.

*Sigh.* And that's pretty much it. I'm really hoping this food stamp work assignment thing will help me turn things around and get them settled in something stable. Wish me luck! <3
Jesus, I thought you were leaving for good. I nearly had a heart attack!

Not cool to scare people like so. Not cool at all. In fact, I'm mad at you, and this is me now not talking to you.

That said, I'm sorry Jess. Hope everything get's sorted out for you. ;_;

Good luck

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 12-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Limelight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Limelight

Bye bye Jess :| Anyways not that it matters but I've returned from a slump of real-life-ness. x3

Hatch: 806
Charmeleon: 839
Charizard: 899
Level100: 1091
Old 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn

I am back, guys.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 12-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOR View Post
Been a long time since I was here, and I saw a Team RP coming up, so I think i'll stay a bit.
Holy shahoozee.
I went from being the only original Merines member active to the third. Now all we need is Trevor and Entei.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:44 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Well guys it's been a fun ride, but I'm leaving for good. U all were cool and fun to be with, but nothing last forever. Good bye.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
I am back, guys.
About time Nero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post

-RP Board

-URPG Board

Ahh, sorry to hear that your leaving temporarily. Also, thats weird that you live in Franklin County because I do also lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burmy View Post
Well guys it's been a fun ride, but I'm leaving for good. U all were cool and fun to be with, but nothing last forever. Good bye.
Your a retard Andrew. Please don't talk to me anymore.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
Your a retard. Please don't talk to me anymore.
Too late, I just did son. Look in your PM box. Oh and welcome back Dr. House.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Too late, I just did son. Look in your PM box. Oh and welcome back Dr. House.
I messaged back already. Your gonna regret leaving Pe2k man. Serebii and PokeCommunity aint got nothin' on Pe2k.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:51 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
I messaged back already. Your gonna regret leaving Pe2k man. Serebii and PokeCommunity aint got nothin' on Pe2k.
Well there's different strokes for different blokes I guess.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:40 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Quote:
well, see ya then

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Chris has a message from the grave for those that remember him. He says hi and his computer is ****** and he'll be back sometime in the future he hopes.

He also drinks too much. That's not part of his message, just something I added myself. :]

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 12-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Tell him I miss him and that he should change his name back to Younglink.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Back for all of 3 days. =c

Anyone miss me?

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links