Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:20 AM
thejuggla1 Offline

Default EV training Regice

I am sending him to platinum but right now hes on emerald, I actually just got the pokerus on platinum so its a good time to get some EVs in.

I am wondering what to train(Using him for online You can use him right?) Unfortunately I caught him with very low sp attk spd and hes a jolly nature, but I saved so w/e not going to stress over it.

I am thinking mostly HP and DEF since his speed is too low he will need to be able to take a hit. Maybe a tiny bit into sp atk?

Also questions about the pokerous, can I chain it to other pokemon or is it gone in 2 days no matter what?

And Pokerous + Macho Brace = 4x the EVs?
Ex. I kill a zubat which gives 1 Ev into speed, I have pokerous and Macho Brace, the pokemon gains 4 EVs into speed, I rare candy it and it receives an extra point into speed?

I have a curselax, I switched him to plat, but I haven't taught him fire punch I forgot which game I have to teach him it in, did I mess up?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:23 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex
Default Re: EV training Regice

If you want i would be able to ev train the regice for you. I would just want to know the ev spread and moveset you would want. I am offering you because i need something to do in the game right now. I have been wanting to ev train pokemon but i have no requests in my shop right now.

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 AM
thejuggla1 Offline

I'm find doing it myself, I just was looking on suggestions for WHAT to train.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:32 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggla1 View Post
I'm find doing it myself, I just was looking on suggestions for WHAT to train.
Okay well sorry i didn't really read what you wrote i just saw when you wrote ev training regice is all

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Okay, well while I don't know anything about EV training, you'll want to keep other Pokemon in your party (unused or used, doesn't matter), and after the six of them are infected with the Pokerus, you'll want to put them in the PC.

Reason being is that the virus will go away after 2 days, and the chance of running into it again is rarer than a shiny.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:22 AM
thejuggla1 Offline

Any suggestions on the EVs?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:46 AM
The_Pastmaster Offline

I read on the Bulbapedia (Hence I can not verify the information 100%) that the effect of Pokéurs stays after it dissipates but your Pokémon is now immune and can not be used to spread it.

Anyway! Since you wanted EV Training advice. Considering the base stats (Again, Bulbapedia) I would personally train Defence since it has the highest Special Defence in the game save one. The depending on the move set, either Attack or Special Attack. A bit of HP training wouldn't be too bad. of 500 EV I'd say... 200 Defence, 148 in Special Attack or Attack depending on the moves and the the remaining 152 in HP

Personal opinion. Feel free to shoot me down if you like.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:55 AM
thejuggla1 Offline

Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking about that too, sp attk though it says its attack is 50 and sp attk is 100, not worth it to go with attk.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:26 AM
The_Pastmaster Offline

Yeah, that's why I skipped Speed. Unless you devote a large part of your EV's you're not going to be up to "spec" so to speak
Old 12-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Lunar Wing Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Wing

Quote:
I am wondering what to train(Using him for online You can use him right?) Unfortunately I caught him with very low sp attk spd and hes a jolly nature, but I saved so w/e not going to stress over it.

I am thinking mostly HP and DEF since his speed is too low he will need to be able to take a hit. Maybe a tiny bit into sp atk?
Well here is what I would do. It is to bad that Regice has a jolly nature but so be it (calm would be better or imprish) Normally I would say 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD since Regice has to got it from his defence and HP which makes him a good wall. His SpD is normally very high so no need for EV's there but maybe you want to put a little bit more in it since you caught it with low SpD.

I would still go for the 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD because it just fits him the best and then give him Leftovers to get some HP after he survived another attack.

For the second question:
Quote:
And Pokerous + Macho Brace = 4x the EVs?
Ex. I kill a zubat which gives 1 Ev into speed, I have pokerous and Macho Brace, the pokemon gains 4 EVs into speed, I rare candy it and it receives an extra point into speed?
The first part yes true 4x the EV's for a pokemon with Pokerus and Macho Brace but I'm not sure about teh rare candy thing.

Hope it helped :)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
thejuggla1 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Wing View Post

but I'm not sure about teh rare candy thing.

Hope it helped :)
Rare candy was an example to show 'instant level up' since they don't give EVs, but getting xp off another pokemon would.

Anyways any suggestions on groudon? I kinda want him to be a sp atkker but he melee is better. I was thinking maybe SP Def and Speed would be ok, and moveset, I was thinking about keeping solar beam fire punch since he is more melee, I dunno how it works out but would fire blast be more powerfull(And be worth the lesser accuracy?) even though it says its sp attk is 100 and normal attk is 150?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 AM
The_Pastmaster Offline

With TM's you can make him a Physical Pokémon if you want since his move set is pretty bland, boring and useless in that department. So if you want to continue on the Attack path then feel free. I'm a bit partial to Special Attacks myself. You should definitely boost his Special Defence and HP

Edit: Clarification

Last edited by The_Pastmaster; 12-27-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread