Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
I should grade more.
You and me both broski.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

Hey guys! I posted the revisions for my Story "Chasing Rotom" almost a month ago and Elrond has been, and will be, too busy to regrade it any time soon. I asked Emma if people are allowed to regrade stories that they didn't grade the first time and she said yes, so can I please get somebdy to regrade this for me? I wrote this story back in August x_x. Thanks a bunch!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=100724
Old 11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
I believe I do, even though I haven't really been writing much- or at all lately. However, I'm faced with a problem: this story has no christmas feeling at all. Which would be all fine and dandy if it wasn't that I always seem to get the unofficial theme of this contest. If I go for something simple, rather happy I get put in a contest where there're only sad stories, and if I do something different, I get surrounded by happy-go-lucky stories.

I really can't get a break.

So I'm preparing a contingency plan, hopefully finishing a less serious story that I've been dragging for months.
Aww, whatever you choose to go for, I'm sure it'll be great. I've never stuck to the "theme" of the contest, but sometimes it does seem that everybody unofficially decides to write the same "theme" sometimes. xD

My plot, really, is more suited for Halloween. It has a stuck-up mage (though she calls herself a witch), spells gone awry, and dark magic. Maybe one of these years I'll write a Christmas story. *ponders*

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
My plot, really, is more suited for Halloween. It has a stuck-up mage (though she calls herself a witch), spells gone awry, and dark magic. Maybe one of these years I'll write a Christmas story. *ponders*

- Kat
Mine kind of is too. Let's just say it involves Satan and a fiddle.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
aoboco Offline
Elite Trainer

The Devil went down to Georgia, looking for a soul to steal...

I want to enter the WWC, but I never have a good story to submit :P The 'stories as votes' idea sounds really cool, though!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Fever Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fever Send a message via MSN to Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoboco View Post
The Devil went down to Georgia, looking for a soul to steal...

I want to enter the WWC, but I never have a good story to submit :P The 'stories as votes' idea sounds really cool, though!
You shouldn't let a lack of confidence put you off. I didn't think I had a hope when I entered the SSC for the first time, yet I won. It's a real confidence boost whether you come first, second or fifty-eighth. (OK, not fifty-eighth.) Seriously, I think if you want to write, you should write. It's better than doing some of the stuff that a lot of people our age do, right?

But if you beat me I'mma get you. [/joke]

EDIT: Your sig banner is awesome.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
Aww, whatever you choose to go for, I'm sure it'll be great. I've never stuck to the "theme" of the contest, but sometimes it does seem that everybody unofficially decides to write the same "theme" sometimes. xD

- Kat
Want to know what mine is about?

I'll just said it's called Guilt Trip. And if I do it right, people won't really have any wish to celebrate... or I'll just screw this time around too and nobody will vote for me, which would be kind of depressing if I wasn't along just for the ride and a mildly beneficial feedback on the story (mildly because I don't dwelve too deeply on what it says xP)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever View Post
EDIT: Your sig banner is awesome.
I made that. A loooong time ago.

This doesn't exactly belong here, but I've noticed that particular piece of mine floating around... multiple people use it, and it makes me want to make everyone take it down and put a better one up. Dx /cries

Must make this connect to the topic somehow...
Uhhh... Story link? THERE. CONNECTED.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I'm gonna attempt to write my first URPG story by Christmas.
I pretty much suck at writing storys since I never give enough detail and everything.

So wish me luck pe2k :3
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 AM
Pokémon Partner Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokémon Partner

I'm unsure about my capitalization in the sentence, and would like somebody to take a look at it.

However, in the inky darkness that only luck we’ve had were a few shards, pearls, and a few other items that didn’t concern us, but we kept every last bit we could find thinking we could sell it later for some more food and equipment.

The worlds in bold are what I'm really focused on, and the general scenario is in the Underground.

Thank you, Shy, for the avatar and banner.

Last edited by Pokémon Partner; 12-02-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Partner View Post
I'm unsure about my capitalization in the sentence, and would like somebody to take a look at it.

However, in the inky darkness that only luck we’ve had were a few shards, pearls, and a few other items that didn’t concern us, but we kept every last bit we could find thinking we could sell it later for some more food and equipment.

The worlds in bold are what I'm really focused on, and the general scenario is in the Underground.
I think that that that (xD, the one underlined above) should be the, but even then it still sounds wrong :\, but the words you bolded are fine :)

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 12-02-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Pokémon Partner Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokémon Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
I think that that that (xD, the one underlined above) should be the, but even then it still sounds wrong :\, but the words you bolded are fine :)
Thanks, and I think I've got a better sentence after you pointed the that/the mistake along with remembering the real word for the item that I was wanted.

In the inky darkness, however, we’ve only had enough luck to uncover a few shards, spheres, and a few other items that didn’t concern us, but we kept every last bit we could find thinking we could sell it later for some more food and equipment.

Thank you, Shy, for the avatar and banner.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Partner View Post
Thanks, and I think I've got a better sentence after you pointed the that/the mistake along with remembering the real word for the item that I was wanted.

In the inky darkness, however, we’ve only had enough luck to uncover a few shards, spheres, and a few other items that didn’t concern us, but we kept every last bit we could find thinking we could sell it later for some more food and equipment.
In my opinion, I think you should eliminate 'however' and there needs to be a comma between find and thinking. That would make it sound better. Also, one of those 'it's should be 'them'. Like this:

In the inky darkness, we've only had enough luck to uncover a few shards, spheres, and a few other items that didn't concern us, but we kept every last bit we could find, thinking we could sell them later for some more food and equipment.

Even with those edits, it's sort of a run-on sentence. =/ The 'in the inky darkness' part sounds weird, like something should be before it, or it should be after the first part. It's just... a weird sentence overall. Maybe you could use something like this:

We've only had enough luck to uncover a few treasures in the inky darkness, but we kept every last bit we could find, even the items that didn't concern us, in the hope that we could sell them later for food and equipment.

(This is me contributing to the thread in atonement. I freaking love grammar and sentence structure. <3 I can't explain it.)
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Hey guys! I posted the revisions for my Story "Chasing Rotom" almost a month ago and Elrond has been, and will be, too busy to regrade it any time soon. I asked Emma if people are allowed to regrade stories that they didn't grade the first time and she said yes, so can I please get somebdy to regrade this for me? I wrote this story back in August x_x. Thanks a bunch!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=100724
Elrond left pe2k man. He's not gonna get to it ever, I think.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I'm writing my first story right now. It's a story deal, so I gotta get it done fast, even though I've barely had time to do anything with it, cuz I'm really busy right now.

It's a Hard level story, I suck at writing stories, and I don't have Microsoft Word or anything like it.

Do you think I'll make it? I'm gonna put up another post for it in just a second.....
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."