Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch
Default Re: The Metal Legion v2.0

Hey you guys, sorry I've been gone forever. I haven't had the time or money to invest in music for a while- but finally I jump back into the fray with my acquisition of Opeth's "The Candlelight Years"- a 3CD collection of "Orchid", "Morningrise" and "My Arms, Your Hearse" in case anyone was oblivious.

I must say, I'm rather pleased.

EDIT: Z-slice, I'd like you to change my one o' these too if it's not too much to ask. ILY HUN <3

Favorite bands: Dream Theater, Rush, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Finntroll
2 Favorite genres: Progressive, Death

I'm gonna start checking other bands out again soon :D I feel slightly ashamed to call myself frostbitten, necro, orc etc.

Last edited by Finch; 11-10-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timiny cricket View Post
I love your sig, I've seen it somewhere on the forum before. Did u make it? When I saw the original a few years ago I was laughing for hours... I wish I still had it.
I didn't make it, no. Zach (PainKiller) had it in his sig a while ago, I dunno if it was then.

@Finch: You almost have the same favourite bands as one of my friends. o_o

Old 11-11-2009, 05:36 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Quote:
5 favourite bands: Drudkh, Opeth, Antaeus, Wormed, Shape of Despair (+1 extra: Human Mincer)
2 favourite genres: Black, guttural brutal death
Quote:
Shape of Despair

YOU ARE DEFINITELY ACCEPTED

Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 AM
timiny cricket Offline

LOL

And yay :D

Is Shape of Despair loved around here in general or by you in particular? "Shades of..." is possibly (probably) my favourite album of all time.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Well, I adore Shape of Despair, and I think Andrew likes them too. They were one of my first Funeral Doom bands I got into, so they're special for me.

Shades of... is great, but Angels of Distress is my own favorite. That might be because it was their first album I listened to, though.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM
timiny cricket Offline

Cool. Yeah I love all their stuff too. I've never really been into funeral doom though, probably due to my irrational love of blasts. But I would like to hear some more... I'll start with the bands listed on here. When it comes to slow atmospheric music, I'm really into ambient/drone, i.e. "sound art" and experimental kind of stuff with no traces of metal, but I probably shouldn't mention that on this thread
Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
burningzepp08 Offline
Elite Trainer

5 Favorite Bands:
Ozzy Osbourne
Slayer
Megadeth
Behemoth
Led Zeppelin

2 Favorite Genres:
Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal

Reason For Joining:
i grew up listening to classic rock,hard rock and heavy metal, since i was 4. at age 10 i started playing guitar, then later on at 14 i started playing drums, still played guitar, at 17 i noticed there were WAAY to many guys my age only playing guitar, so i picked up bass, and ive been a bass player since. so i know alot about heavy metal, from late 60's so recent. other reason why i want to join, the member Tombi told me about the group

Last edited by burningzepp08; 11-11-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningzepp08 View Post
5 Favorite Bands:
Ozzy Osbourne
Slayer
Megadeth
Behemoth
Led Zeppelin

2 Favorite Genres:
Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal

Reason For Joining:
i grew up listening to classic rock,hard rock and heavy metal, since i was 4. at age 10 i started playing guitar, then later on at 14 i started playing drums, still played guitar, at 17 i noticed there were WAAY to many guys my age only playing guitar, so i picked up bass, and ive been a bass player since. so i know alot about heavy metal, from late 60's so recent. other reason why i want to join, the member Tombi told me about the group
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
Rules:
-You must be able to use correct grammar
You're accepted, but work on that rule.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:35 AM
burningzepp08 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
You're accepted, but work on that rule.
Haha. Alright I will.

I was wondering, how do I do an album review? Do i type it up and send it to you? Or How?

Last edited by burningzepp08; 11-12-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:26 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningzepp08 View Post
Haha. Alright I will.

I was wondering, how do I do an album review? Do i type it up and send it to you? Or How?
Review it and post it dude, that's all. Zach will get to it here, and if you post it in WLM I'll get to it too.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:48 AM
burningzepp08 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
Review it and post it dude, that's all. Zach will get to it here, and if you post it in WLM I'll get to it too.
Oh ok, thank you. By the way, i was looking at the list of different sub genres of Metal, and i noticed that Firewind and Kamelot are missing in the Power Metal category. I think it should be fixed. And i know that the list is being based off of Metal Archives, but that place is just...horrible. Me and my friend used to review on there, and I just got fed up with all the close minded people and those who didn't know what they we're talking about. Sorry if any of you take this personal, but it's pretty lame to base your list off of Metal Archives...

EDIT:
I also noticed that there is no list for Blackened Death Metal. Bands like Behemoth, Azarath, Vesania, and Hate deserve some praise. Especially Behemoth, they are truly legends in the making, I've been blown away by their work since Zos Kia Cultus (Here and Beyond).

Last edited by burningzepp08; 11-12-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

The forums for MA are generally bad, yes, but they are normally spot on when it comes to defining the genre of a band. We use the Archives for nothing else but genres. Something else you should take point of is that our Band Listings is only the essentials of those sub genres, which would explain the lack of Firewind and Kamelot. And yes, there isn't a Blackened Death Metal subgenre because frankly we didn't feel necessary to break it down that much. You can praise those bands, they're not shunned, they just don't have their own subgenre on the Band Listings. I myself do enjoy Behemoth.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
timiny cricket Offline

I agree that the forums at MA aren't bad at all. In fact the help threads are amazing, when I started exploring guttural brutal death I tried them out, and I got some great recs that sounded exactly as I asked for. They definitely know their stuff.

On that topic, is anyone else here into guttural brutal death (bands like Wormed, Human Mincer, Liturgy, Disentomb, Guttural Secrete, Gorgasm, Incinerate, etc?) I'm new here so I don't know many people's favourite genres.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 AM
burningzepp08 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
The forums for MA are generally bad, yes, but they are normally spot on when it comes to defining the genre of a band. We use the Archives for nothing else but genres. Something else you should take point of is that our Band Listings is only the essentials of those sub genres, which would explain the lack of Firewind and Kamelot. And yes, there isn't a Blackened Death Metal subgenre because frankly we didn't feel necessary to break it down that much. You can praise those bands, they're not shunned, they just don't have their own subgenre on the Band Listings. I myself do enjoy Behemoth.
Oh ok. I understand what you mean. Thank you for explaining.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:46 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Quote:
I'm new here so I don't know many people's favourite genres.
in ranking order, it goes something like this:

Me: I'M GONNA SING THE DOOM SONG NOW
Zach: SPEEDING BLAZING THRASH ******* APOCALYPSE
Mitch: PROGRESSIVELY PROGRESSIVE FOR PROGRESSION
Cait: LET ME SING YOU A FOLKSY SONG OF MY PEOPLE
Andrew: ROTTEN HURRICANE OF DEATH and furries
Jacob: BETWEEN OUR BROTHERS DEATHS, WE SHALL THRASH
Finch: WORKING FOR A MORE PROGRESSIVE WORLD
Onii: o woe unto this world it sux so hard GOTH gawf rawks

it's all listed on the front page, along with bands we like. so yeah.