Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Revamped | Ch. 28 Preview~]

Of course he is. =D Yoda is my favourite Star Wars character.

XD Sorry, Grassy. I kinda couldn't resist that. And yes, I HAVE been working on it lately, so I'm slowly getting there. ^^'

*huggles Skye* =3

Guard, I'll give 'em a break when they get a break. xD But what's a story that's not interesting?

Darkrai, that was spam. .-.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
Of course he is. =D Yoda is my favourite Star Wars character.

XD Sorry, Grassy. I kinda couldn't resist that. And yes, I HAVE been working on it lately, so I'm slowly getting there. ^^'

*huggles Skye* =3

Guard, I'll give 'em a break when they get a break. xD But what's a story that's not interesting?

Darkrai, that was spam. .-.
How is responding to something you said spam? I said YAY, GEM GOT HER DATA BACK! Hmph. By the way, I agree with Guard or whoever said that your characters should get a break from misery. Darkrai totally agrees.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkraiRaider View Post
How is responding to something you said spam? I said YAY, GEM GOT HER DATA BACK! Hmph. By the way, I agree with Guard or whoever said that your characters should get a break from misery. Darkrai totally agrees.
Well you kinda edited the post several times, you had it in huge writing and then you went nuts with your characters. ^^'

That's really got nothing to do with what I was saying, or the fic. Ergo, spam.

XD Okay, maybe sometime I'll let 'em have a teensy break.

Links
Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Quote:
Well you kinda edited the post several times, you had it in huge writing and then you went nuts with your characters. ^^'

That's really got nothing to do with what I was saying, or the fic. Ergo, spam.

XD Okay, maybe sometime I'll let 'em have a teensy break.
OK, got it. I was just celebrating you getting your data back. AND Heatran stole my cookies. Hmph. Bad Heatran!

Rye and Zanna need a big break. Otherwise they'll probably die from sadness and misery.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
OK, got it. I was just celebrating you getting your data back. AND Heatran stole my cookies. Hmph. Bad Heatran!

Rye and Zanna need a big break. Otherwise they'll probably die from sadness and misery.
Okay then. Next time if you wanna say something with your characters, head on over to CC thanks. ^^ (Character Chat)

Yeah, I think so too. xD And I'm sure a lot of other people do as well.

Links
Old 09-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Quote:
Okay then. Next time if you wanna say something with your characters, head on over to CC thanks. ^^ (Character Chat)

Yeah, I think so too. xD And I'm sure a lot of other people do as well.
Your characters are going to have mental issues because of you. D: *stabs* >:D

Oh wait, I'm a hypocrite, mine already do have issues... Oh, well! It's still bad! >.<"

Last edited by Guard13007; 09-19-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
* Blocks Guard's stab* Don't hurt Gem! *grins evilly and chases Guard with a chain saw * MWAH HAH HA! *beserker mode *
xD I think they already do have some issues...but I'll try to lessen them. ^^'

Darkrai... *sigh* That's still spam. ><

Links
Old 09-19-2009, 04:31 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

OK. Gem, you're different. You used to be more loose and fun.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Spam is spam, unless it's in a can, in which case it's canned spam.

On a note related to your fic, I heard you got your data back; in which case, that's great news! Now you don't have to type everything out again, and you can keep going with the fic! I'm going to lurk in this bush while I wait *hides in a bush whilst awaiting a new chapter*
Old 09-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

No, I'm not different, I've just lost patience. There's only so much one person can take. .-.

PLEASE don't spam in this thread. From now on I'll just delete said posts. Save those for CC. And yes, it is spam. Therefore there's no use for it.

xD Yes, everything is safe and I've got school holidays now. So expect the new chapter up soonish. ^^'

Links
Old 09-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
Spam is spam, unless it's in a can, in which case it's canned spam.

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh XD

It's gonna be soon? That's great! New Moon is delayed right now because I have to write a fantasy story for Creative Writing. Ragh.

But, congratulations either way ^^ *Sits and waits*
Old 09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
DarkraiRaider Offline

Quote:
xD Yes, everything is safe and I've got school holidays now. So expect the new chapter up soonish. ^^'
You got school holidays? Lucky. I can't wait for chapter!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Ch. 28 Preview~]

SOOOO very sorry for the wait. D= I have my exams now, and my next one is in two hours. xD So I'm putting this up very quickly before I study. n___n

Chapter 28 - Deception

The black Absol pursed her lips as she held a claw out in front of her to survey the damage. Her whole body was bruised and cut, no thanks to the team of twerps. She pulled her mouth back in a vicious snarl, not even caring when her fangs began to draw blood. She let it drop freely down her muzzle, enjoying the rusty taste as if it weren’t her own, but her enemy’s blood. Sadistic. That’s what it was. But being a sadist didn’t phase Scythe in the slightest. She merely held her head high enough to glare at the Taillow in front of her.

“Your brother got the better of you,” she mocked in a falsely sweet voice. “Yet again, my dear Raze.”

The bird narrowed his gaze and attempted to ignore her, instead peering around at the PRA building which now lay in ruins. He had suffered many injuries at the hands of the two Eeveelutions, and it was only thanks to his master that he was still alive. Deoxys had managed to heal the bird’s wounds, even the break in his spine which had rendered him useless for the remainder of the fight. Now he wished for revenge more than ever against the one, insolent being that still tormented him.

“Don’t you ever say that word!” he shot back after about a minute’s silence. “That thing is no longer my relative! He never was.” Raze shut his beak tightly and glared at the rocky ground. He kept his gaze firmly fixed upon it, seeming to stare off into space, yet his mind was ticking a mile a minute. Brother…he thought with a sudden feeling of overwhelming sorrow. Then, as quick as it had come, it was gone – replaced by anger and seething hatred.

Flicking his wings through a small puddle in front of him, the Taillow glared at his reflection and the scar that crossed his left eye. Jarre…you will be sorry! If it’s the last thing I do, I will kill you!

The bird started as a sharp bark came from behind him. He turned as the irritating click of Scythe’s claws sounded on the gravel.

“Stop your pondering and let’s get a move on! The master wants us to track these losers.” She paused and raised an eyebrow, glancing at the stiff body of the Groudon that lay sprawled across the ruins. “What shall we do with him?”

Raze slid his eyes further shut and clicked his beak twice, barely giving the dead Pokemon a glance. “Feed him to the Murkrow for all I care. Let’s just go.”

With a flap of his wings, the Taillow took off into the skies with the black Absol following behind. The small pool of water rippled in their wake as a tiny, iridescent tear mingled with its surface.

Tali was seething with anger. The Buizel’s fur bristled and stood on end as she stormed through the dense foliage of the forest, letting several branches from trees cut across her body. Why did that Pikachu want to meddle in her life!?? And what was Dash doing? Trusting someone at a first glance. Heh!

“I am not jealous!” she cried out loud, startling a nearby flock of Pidgey who chirruped irritably. She glared as the birds flew away, her own voice echoing off the canopy walls. But she couldn’t even fool herself. She was jealous. It hadn’t always been like this. There used to be a time when she was happy.

The Buizel shook her head roughly and retrieved two black bands from her fur, snapping them onto her wrists hastily. Glancing over her shoulder to make sure there was no one around, she closed her eyes and tapped into her consciousness, delving deep within her mind until she found a familiar spark.

“Well?” a voice growled angrily. It seemed he was losing his patience with every single second that passed.

“Yeah, she’s here,” the Buizel sighed, ignoring the previous remark. “White circle on her tail an’ all.”

“Good,” the voice sounded, pleased by the response. “And what do you know of their plans?”

Tali scoffed. “I haven’t exactly met the gang yet, but I know from the brief contact with the Pikachu that they’re heading your way soon.”

“Hmm…” A slight pause ensued. “Does Dash–”

“No,” Tali cut in hastily. “He doesn’t know a thing. But he has taken quite a liking to the Pikachu. That could prove useful.” In her mind, the Buizel saw the figure smile, baring its fangs. Instantly she flinched, but for all the wrong reasons.

“Good. See to it that you stick close, my dear.”

Tali shivered at the last words, lowering her eyes to the ground as they wavered. It was so long ago…Heart pounding, she spoke up. “Listen, I…” But she trailed off, suddenly realising the connection had been lost. “I…” The Buizel sighed, tracing a pattern through the leaves with one of her feet. He wouldn’t listen in any case. It was always the same argument.

It can’t be…

But a small trill of excitement buzzed around within her. Maybe, if this worked, things could be normal again. This time when Tali closed her eyes, she didn’t see the malicious grin and glinting fangs, but a charming, quirky smile. Normal…

Suddenly determined, Tali focused her entire mind on the black bands around her wrists. She held her paws palms outward, as if pushing against an invisible wall. The Buizel gritted her teeth as she strained harder. Come on you stupid things! Work! she cried out in her mind. After about a minute the bands had harnessed enough energy that they began to glow with a dark aura. “Hah!” Tali gasped in wonder. “It works! It actually works!”

A twig snapped behind her suddenly and startled the Buizel, immediately ceasing her concentration. Hastily – and without thought – she snapped the bands off her wrists and replaced them deep within her fur. Tali stood on guard, lowering herself to a defensive position in case of attack, but the voice that followed wasn’t one to fear.

“Tal? Is that you?”

She relaxed as the familiar Sneasel stepped into the clearing. Dash. It’s just Dash. He stopped a few metres away and tilted his head to the side, peering at her through his hazel eyes.

“You look really awful. Is something wrong? You’re pale and shaking!”

Until then, Tali hadn’t notice the small quivers that wracked her body, but now she did. A side effect? she wondered to herself. “I-I’m alright,” she managed to stammer as Dash looked over her again. “Really,” she insisted. Still, the Sneasel stepped up to her, placing a friendly arm around her shoulders.

“Here, let me help you back to the camp. You could use some rest.”

Tali flinched at the contact but allowed herself to be steered away, her mind elsewhere. If what he said was true, these bands could be very powerful in the right paws. Her eyes flickered nervously towards Dash, but he hadn’t noticed a thing.

Tali kept a grim look on her face the entire way back. And still, something inside her wondered what she was doing; wondered who she really was. After that day...for the life of her, she didn’t know.

I bit my lip with concern as Jarre irritably paced up and down the campsite, his talons squelching in the soft, melted snow. His beak was firmly shut and his blue eyes were more dull than usual, but I could see the Torchic was clearly distraught. It made me all the more anxious and a dull throb had begun pulsing through my tail where Rye had broken it that time. I ignored it for now, not wishing to heal the wound completely. I may have been a little crazy, but that pain – the wound – gave me something to remember the Elekid by, even if it wasn’t a good memory. And right now, the green eyes and smiling face I saw in my mind really couldn’t do him justice.

“Zanna, how could you?” Jarre muttered half-heartedly, finally breaking the all-too-long silence.

I swallowed past the lump in my throat but remained silent. I knew this would be hard on him, I mean, how would you feel if you saw someone you’d tortured once? Uh, hi, great to see you’re alive and all. No thanks to me... I groaned inwardly. Maybe this was one of those times where I’d gone too far. I should’ve just left well enough alone.

“I’m sorry,” I offered, though even my own apology sounded pathetic. “It’s just that Dash could be an asset to us, and we need all the help we can get.”

“You need help,” Jarre cut in sharply, “not me. I was fine before...” He trailed off, but I had known what he was about to say, and my eyes narrowed as his widened.

“Before you met me?!” I accused, sparks erupting from the electric sockets on my cheeks.

“No,” Jarre shook his head hastily, “That’s not what I–”

“Yes, it was! Admit it!” I snapped. “You were fine before you met me.” My voice raised an octave as the lump in my throat swelled. I glared at the Torchic long and hard, focusing on the sharp rise and fall of my chest as I drew shallow breaths. All this pent up pain wasn’t good for me. I needed to get moving soon; that would take my mind off things.

Shaking my head slowly, I willed my feet to move across the snow towards the outskirts of the camp. I didn’t hear movement from Jarre behind me, but I was glad. For once I didn’t want him to follow me; I wanted to be alone. My face curled up into a scowl as I glared at the snow. It seemed being alone was the only thing I was good at.

The Elekid groaned as his eyes wearily snapped open, blinking a few times to clear the haze that surrounded him. A paw rose to his head, just below his ears, feeling for the throbbing pain that coursed through his head. I feel terrible...what happened to me? Slowly lifting himself into a sitting position, Rye eyed the room in which he was in.

It appeared he was resting in a small, fluffy bed, blankets surrounding him – obviously to keep him warm. The room itself was fairly small and looked similar to the Hospital Wing that had been at the PRA before it was destroyed by Deoxys’ attack. The walls were made of a soft stone and coloured a pale cream. A window was etched into the far side of the room, arched and plain, sunlight shining. Nothing else occupied the small space other than the bed and a small table, upon which sat a jug of what looked like water and a loaf of bread, but the sweetest smell came from the food, and Rye’s stomach growled as he stared at it.

The Elekid reached out a paw towards the bread but as soon as he went to pick it up, it disappeared. The Elekid jumped back in shock, the covers rolling off his bed. He eyed the spot where the bread had been as he drew his paw back and was surprised to see it materialise again.

“W-what trickery is this!?” he asked aloud, shocked. Again and again he tried to reach for the bread, but it disappeared and reappeared accordingly each time. No matter how hard he tried, he wasn’t getting any closer to it and he knew that.

Widening his eyes with fear, the Elekid stood up and twisted around, eyeing the room. A door was to his left, he could try to see what was on the other side. But...did he want to? If that bread disappeared, what could be on the other side of that door? The other option was the window and he knew it was sunny outside. The rays of sunlight shining through the window proved that. I could go through the window...and right now, I think I trust it more than that door.

Glancing at the strange bread one last time, Rye made his way towards the window. He placed his hands upon the glass, feeling the cool, smooth surface under his palms. It was quite welcoming, as the cool temperature was a relief to the Elekid. Rye paused slightly, lowering his palms to rest on the sill’s cool edge. He flexed his claw uneasily back and forth as he peered through the glass.

Outside he could see fresh, green grass, a flowing stream of bright, clear-blue water and some fairly large oaks lining a dirt path to the left.

It seems peaceful, Rye thought to himself, but it could be a trick, just like that bread. His eyes stared down towards his paws. What was that? I’ve never seen anything like it...and where am I? I don’t know this place, and that unnerves me. Rye shook his head and gritted his teeth as he slipped his claws further under the sill, wrenching it open in an instant.

Fresh wind blew into his face, his fur blowing back from the draft. Rye blinked. It was warm. The sun was shining, a cool breeze was blowing and it felt... “Perfect...” the Elekid whispered to himself. Slightly dazed, he hoisted himself over the sill and landed on the fresh grass below, the feel of it beneath his feet more than welcoming. Raising a paw to his head, he ran it deftly through his fur. This place seemed almost too good to be true. The stream flowed downwards, following the curves of a path that stood next to it.

Rye cautiously walked towards it and stood on the edge, peering into the shallow depths. His reflection stared back at him, mouth raised into a slight grin to mimic his own. I don’t know this place, true, but...it makes me feel happy. “Haha!” The Elekid waded eagerly into the stream, his paws scooping up endless amounts of water and splashing it over himself with glee. After a minute or two he cupped his paws together and bent down to drink, surprised when the sweet liquid touched his lips. It, too, was much better than he’d imagined. In fact...

Rye instantly went rigid, ears on alert for sounds. That was strange...apart from the stream and the breeze, not a single sound of life could be heard. And everything was too good...much too good to be real. It had to be a trick. The Elekid turned as a sound came from behind him. His eyes widened as he stared, but no one was there. He sighed with relief, relaxing, and turned back to the stream.

“AHHH!” His scream pierced the air as he fell backwards into the stream, tripping over his own feet. “Urgh...” Dazed, the Elekid put a paw to his aching head and blinked to steady his vision.

A green figure stood in front of him, just a bit shorter than he was. It had a long horn protruding from its head, two short arms and legs and a fan-like tail, but what he noticed most were the eyes. And he knew those eyes.

“It can’t be...” he gasped, flailing to move backwards through the stream. “N..no...Kr...Kryal?”

The figure nodded once, its mouth turning into a scowl as it crossed its arms. “Riley,” it answered, flicking a foot through the water at him.

“I...I don’t understand...” the Elekid stammered, petrified. It couldn’t be...no. This dream, whatever it was, wasn’t a dream at all. How could it be? Kryal was dead and this was just an illusion. The Elekid closed his mouth in a firm line as he felt his face pale. He rarely grew scared, but this...this was something else. Too terrified to move, Rye remained rooted to the spot in the stream just inches from Kryal’s seemingly physical body. The Larvitar smirked suddenly as he met Rye’s eyes, noticing the cold fear buried within.

“Oh yes,” he said dryly, answering the Elekid’s unasked question. “I am very much real.” Kryal lifted his arms into the air, reaching towards the sky as he grinned. “See this, Rye? It is all real! This is your reality!”

Rye shook his head deftly, straining himself as not to pass out. It is not real! he told himself sternly. You know that very well. You were there.

The Larvitar raised an eyebrow when no reply came, lowering his arms again. “You doubt it?” he questioned, narrowing his eyes into a glare. Rye’s mind seemed to lurch slowly back into action.

No wildlife, disappearing objects, a perfect world and horror beyond belief...

He jumped up fluidly, allowing his body to take its battle stance; paws raised, claws extended viciously. A light snarl erupted from his throat to caution the Larvitar, whatever it was.

“This is not reality!” Rye spat at Kryal. “This isn’t a dream, either; it is a nightmare! Nothing but an illusion conjured by Darkrai, and you can’t hurt me!”

To further emphasise this, the Elekid made to attack Kryal, aiming an uppercut to his face. It was unexpected, however, when the Larvitar dodged, sidestepping past Rye and dealing a sharp blow to his stomach. The Elekid flew back, splashing into the stream below as the wind was knocked from his body. He grazed against sharp rocks as he made contact with the bottom of the stream and blood flowed freely from his arm where one had sliced through it, leaving a deep gash. The Larvitar opened its mouth, a cold laugh echoing through silence and Rye’s gasps for air.

“Do you still think I am an illusion now, Rye? Or do you want to try again?”

The Elekid didn’t answer, but gritted his teeth slightly, ignoring the stabbing pain in his right arm. Whatever it was, he was now sure it wasn’t an illusion, or at least one that couldn’t hurt him.

“Get lost, fiend! Before I rip you to shreds!” he growled at the figure, still panting. A slight ache had begun to throb in his head, but he ignored the pain; it was dull compared to his arm and other matters at hand. The Larvitar snickered and stared down at him, seeming to grin in obvious contempt.

“Hurts, doesn’t it?”

Rye scowled. “That cut is hardly anything. I’m not a weakling.” Kryal chuckled again, raising an arm to point at his head.

“I meant the ache, weakling,” he crooned, spitting the last word at the Elekid, fangs bared in a wicked smile.

Rye gasped, suddenly becoming more aware of the rising ache in his head. He slowly put his left arm to his head, placing it against his temple gently. He gritted his teeth firmer still as the throbbing pain deepened, seeming to spread through his head and causing the Elekid to let out a gasp of agony. Kryal’s following chuckle pierced his mind to its core, but was still numb; almost nothing compared to the pain he was now in. Rye forced his eyes to open again, since he’d shut them when the wave of pain hit. His lids were heavy and were weighing him down, but still he kept them open, glaring with seething hatred at the Larvitar continuing to mock him.

“F-faker,” he muttered under his breath in a mere whisper. “You’re not him. You’re not my b-best friend.” The Elekid raised his gaze to Kryal’s face, using all the strength he had in his arms to push himself up to stand, albeit weakly and unsteady. The Larvitar’s look of contempt grew grim as he narrowed his eyes at Rye’s determination. He seemed to be thinking, but something in Rye’s voice had stopped him cold.

“Hmm,” he said aloud, though softly, yet the icy ring was still present. Rye felt the edges of his mouth rise again as he bared his fangs. This was not over until he said it was. Even though the constant throbbing in his head was still getting stronger, he kept his cool and reined it in, forcing himself to ignore it. “Fine then,” Kryal finally muttered, coming to a decision. “I see you still resist. Heroic of you.” A light smile flitted across his face before the Larvitar faded into thin air, or at least seemed to.

Rye blinked wearily several times and was sure he was right and this was an affirmation of his thoughts. “So it was true...he wasn’t real.” And for a second as he smiled, the throbbing in his head dimmed. Still shaky on his feet, Rye willed them to carry him out of the stream and released a small sigh of relief as he collapsed against one of the nearby oaks. But the absence of sound still made him uneasy and sent a chill through his spine. It didn’t help when a rustle came from nearby and the Elekid felt his stomach heave in fear. If that Larvitar was back...

Continued in next post...

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 11-10-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

“Get away from me!” he cried out in a tormented growl, raising his head to whatever had disturbed him and instantly keeled over, heart pounding, a tearing feeling ripping through his chest. Rye’s eyes widened with disbelief and fear. It’s torturing me... He placed both his paws against his temples fervently, unable to properly process the information. But as it was, the figure hadn’t moved. He looked up once more through a hazy vision and the figure bent towards him, extending a paw. The eyes were pleading and the face twisted with sorrow; an all too perfect enactment of the past. And though Rye so desperately wanted to move, he found it impossible.

The Pikachu’s paw still hung in midair and did not seem inclined to move. Zanna’s form peered down at him with sorrow and longing yet again, and again he did nothing. A moment passed before tears welled in her eyes and it pained the Elekid to see them. It pained him now to look upon her form which, standing before him as she was, seemed so frail and broken. As the Pikachu stretched her paw further towards him, Rye recoiled. Only instincts drew him back; his innermost feelings bade him to stay.

He jumped up away from the tree, covering his aching head with his paws and cried out in a wail of agony. It stung; his head was threatening to split and still he forced it back. He couldn’t and wouldn’t give in.

“I am not the monster you think I am!” he growled into the sky, gasping for air.

Shuffling sounded behind him and a moment later a paw came to rest on his shoulder. Rye froze solid, teeth gritted and eyes widened in terror and pain. Such conflicted emotions passed through his body that a shiver flowed through him. The paw on his shoulder tightened its hold, leaving the Elekid feeling he had to scream. He could give in, but it wasn’t like him and he didn’t want to give Darkrai the satisfaction.

Closing his eyes briefly before making a decision, he whirled round and struck out at the frail Pikachu. His paw, however, went straight through the apparition as it vanished again, a cloud of yellow matter filling the air. Rye took in a deep gulp of air, watching the cloud as his chest heaved, his body now shivering uncontrollably. That was a stretch, and the nightmare Pokemon obviously knew that. He was pushing him way too far. The Elekid’s eyes wavered as the yellow cloud faded to white and materialised in front of him again, this time as the familiar white figure, Light Zanna.

His eyes closed instantly as tears welled, voice almost begging, the ache in his head still throbbing. “Please...go away.”

When he opened his eyes again, determined no tears should spill forth, the Pikachu blinked and stared. Her expression of sorrow didn’t change, however, and when Rye relaxed slightly to draw a deep breath its paw connected to the side of his head, sending him crashing to the ground.

Stars dancing before him, Rye felt a warm, salty liquid trickle across his lips. Blood. “Zanna...?” he whispered weakly, unable to hold on to consciousness much longer. “Why?” He didn’t see, but heard footsteps approaching and a cool paw rested gently against his face.

“You left.” The voice was cold and metallic, sounding devoid of emotion, yet also exactly like Zanna’s; almost perfect. Rye began to shiver as the air around him grew cold, the sky growing darker as the sun seemed to disappear. “You left,” the voice repeated, “and yet you act as if nothing has changed while I rot from the inside out. How dare you!”

The Pikachu let out a hiss and Rye tilted his head just enough to see glaring white eyes and a snarling face, fur standing on end and raised to jagged points. This definitely wasn’t the Zanna he knew. Even in her Light Form, she wouldn’t say such things. He could only look up at her pleadingly, but she was beyond reason. The Pikachu’s claws extended, cutting into the side of his face and causing Rye to let out a faint scream.

“D-don’t, I–”

“You nothing!” Zanna cried, drawing her claws swiftly across his cheek.

Rye cried out again, but this time was different. His will crushed, he could do little but give in to every aching pain, and as he did, he somehow felt more powerful; more in control.

A black aura spread across his body, a crimson hue seeping through the black marks and a red glaze crossing his eyes. His claws extended much further than what he was used to, ending in lethal points, and his fur jutted out in a spiky manner. Rye felt his breaths – which were so uneven before – become more calm and deep, his mind telling him to stay still and not to fight as he would have done. As the Dark Pokemon glanced at his changed body yet again, the Pikachu finally smiled and faded away, a dark matter in its wake.

“Urgh,” Rye uttered, pushing himself off the ground once more. Strange that he felt better all of a sudden, and the immense throbbing in his head had now subsided. It was also odd how he felt no impulse to attack, and that he kept his calm composure; the animal side that usually would have risen when he turned was no longer there.

“Good,” a voice called out, echoing and startling the Elekid. “It took you a while, but it seems the test is now complete.”

“Test?” A shock of surprise coursed through Rye. “What test?” he called out into the air.

“Your will is strong,” came the reply. “But I am stronger. Learning to harness your darkness and controlling when to turn is a valuable asset. You resisted, but you must not; it will only turn out worse. You, yourself, found out how much agony it was, and the cost of that on your body. Embracing your dark side is the first step to controlling it. You need to see it as a gift, not a curse.” The black matter gathered in front of Rye once more and materialised, claws emerging from the smoke, complete with a head, pale blue eyes and white flowing matter behind it. “How do you feel?” Darkrai asked with a mocking, curious smirk.

Rye took a slight step back, brow furrowing as he glared at the Pokemon. “’How do you feel’!? You tormented me with my worst memories! You’re lucky I don’t kill you where you stand!” The Elekid growled and raised a paw threateningly to show he wasn’t bluffing, but Darkrai only laughed.

“Hahaha! My dear boy! You could never kill me! And as it is, this is my realm, and you are consumed within your own nightmare. I did nothing; it was you that tormented yourself. Your mind conjured the illusions.”

“I can’t believe this,” Rye murmured, unable to take in what could be more malicious lies. “Enough! Get me out of here!”

A smile flitted across Darkrai’s face at the Elekid’s apparent anguish and he narrowed his eyes to slits, circling him.

“I’m afraid...I cannot. This is your game now. You will only be free when you confront your demons and pass the trials. Until then you shall forever remain amongst your innermost fears.” A sharp cackle passed his lips as the ghost Pokemon disappeared into the sky. “Pleasant nightmares, little one!”

The echo of his words surrounded the Elekid as he kneeled on the rough dirt beneath him. His face and body were aching, he tasted nothing but salty blood and this nightmare was inescapable. He had wanted a new life, to make amends, to pay for what he had done...

It seemed Darkrai had finally given him his wish, but at what cost?

Jarre puffed up his feathers for the umpteenth time as Codan and Lani bickered. The two were still trying to settle details on what they would do when they reached the missionary and the consensus was at a standstill.

“Jarre, would you mind holding these for me?” The little Pidgey, Quoll, held out a few large vines to the Torchic.

“Oh, of course!” He took the vines from Quoll’s outstretched wing and resumed his work; helping her with the packing. “You know, you don’t have to do all this,” he said, raising an eyebrow. “Aren’t you leaving anyway?”

Quoll gave a dignified expression and tossed more vines towards the Torchic who barely caught them. “Yes! But I like to repay favours and those two over there saved me.” She motioned to Kraal and Marilai who were also getting ready to leave, though they weren’t heading to the Missionary, but were instead bent on finding Rye “before the Pikachu did any more damage” to him.

“Alright, sorry,” Jarre offered, handing her a vine when Quoll held out a wing to tie the rolled-up tent.

The Pidgey let a small smile cross her face at Jarre’s remark. “And yourself? I suppose you’re staying with Zanna?”

“Yeah,” Jarre nodded in reply. “I’m her rescue partner! I wouldn’t leave her to fend for herself!” He chuckled slightly. “Even though I know she can, but she has me worried right now. Bringing my enemies back to me...and then Rye wandering off, not to mention that he turned all dark, like Scythe. She won’t even tell me what’s wrong. I mean, surely the two weren’t all that close?” He glanced at Quoll who merely shrugged.

“She never did leave him when he was unconscious.” She watched as Jarre’s jaw dropped.

“Well, yeah, but Zanna and Rye? That’s ridiculous!” And to prove his point he chuckled rather madly for a few seconds at the thought, leaving Quoll to shake her head.

“What other explanation is there? Even I can see her pain, it’s that obvious. You need to take good care of her now.”

Jarre wiped a wing across his face as he handed Quoll another vine. “Yeah...I guess so. But it won’t be easy when I have enough worries of my own right now.”

Quoll sighed as she tied up the last tent. “Everyone has worries, Jarre, but it takes a truly kind spirit to turn a blind eye to their own and help others.” She offered him a smile before hurrying away to see if anyone else needed help packing their supplies.

Jarre stared after her thoughtfully. “I guess I have been a little self-absorbed. I should try to cheer up Zanna. After all, if her pain is as bad at what Quoll says, she’s going to need a lot of cheering up. I can be mad at her when she feels better!” he chuckled slightly to himself.

The Torchic grinned, placed the tents in a neat pile and, heeding Quoll’s advice, went off to find his best friend.

“I’m not that annoying, am I?” I muttered to myself as I threw a leaf lazily into a shallow pond stretched out in front of me.

I know I had been nothing but trouble ever since I came here, but was that my fault? All I wanted was peace, but with Deoxys and Darkrai around I didn’t think I was going to get it any time soon. And then there’s Rye, I thought sullenly, the ache in my tail throbbing again. Either I have bad luck, or he does, or something does. I sighed, but knew it was no use whining when there were bigger problems at hand. Right now the world needed me and that meant going to the Wingardom Missionary to ally the forces of the Freedom Fighters.

My brow furrowed slightly as Rye’s warning in the letter came to the fore of my mind. He had warned me about his father, but he was supposed to be head of the Missionary as far as I knew. So why was he so bad?

He will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Was there something Rye was trying to tell me? What exactly did he want? Despite the advice, I needed to get to that Missionary if I was going to even hope to beat Deoxys; I knew I couldn’t do it alone. It would be risky, but travelling in small groups to the Missionary might be better.

As I’d discussed with Codan and Lani briefly before my meeting with Jarre, taking indirect routes to the Missionary would seem the least suspicious and a good way to avoid Deoxys’ forces should they locate our movements. Kraal and Marilai were to escort Quoll back to her home before leaving to find Rye. Lani thought it best to split the rest of us up into two groups. She was leading the group with Tali and I while Jarre and Dash were sticking with Codan. There were many protests amongst all of us, but this seemed the best way, as Codan put it, to “cover all strengths and weaknesses”. Types were an advantage in both travelling and battle so we needed all the help we could get. Some of us were still wounded from previous fights.

Jarre and I hated to be split up and the same was evident for Dash and Tali, but it was for the best. We had all agreed on that in the end, albeit sour expressions etched into our faces. Tali...that Buizel had a problem with me and I didn’t know what it was, but if she got in my way she’d be sorry. I didn’t know how Jarre would work with Dash, but I hoped he would be okay. I truly felt sorry for bringing up old wounds and it was never my intention. I guess we’d just have to grin and bear it for the time being, to be ready for whatever lay ahead.

I bent down to pick up another leaf as my reverie was interrupted by faint footsteps. I’d grown accustomed to them now and it was fairly easy to tell they belonged to Jarre. A sincere feeling of regret swelled within me and I turned to speak, but was silenced as the Torchic stopped a few feet in front of me, raising a wing to the air. I closed my mouth thoughtfully, but chose to stare at the ground, feeling too guilty to try to look Jarre in the face.

“Listen, Zanna,” he began rather shakily. “I’m sorry for what I said earlier, it was out of line, I know.”

I glanced towards him briefly. “You don’t have to–”

“Yes, yes I do,” he cut in hastily. “I was just upset from my past coming back to haunt me, but I know now that they’re my own demons and I’ll have to confront them eventually. I know that I also need to do it alone and not take it out on you. No doubt you already have problems without me adding to them.” He forced a slight smile as he said the last sentence which I barely returned, though I felt inclined to. “So, Zanna, I’m sorry. Can you forgive me...partner?” he added to the end, giving a small chuckle.

I like the ring of the word and, despite all my hard feelings, felt the edges of my mouth raise in a smile. Life was too short to hold grudges. Stepping up to the Torchic I held out a paw as he grinned and shook it. “Of course, partner. Or should I say teammate? Buddy? Pal? Best friend?” I laughed and nudged him with an elbow, both of us smiling as the trees echoed with our happy voices. I had to admit it felt good to finally have some fun again, especially after all we’d been through. Even the ache in my tail was barely noticeable now.

“Hey, should we head back now?” I asked Jarre after we’d settled down. “Isn’t it about time to leave?” Glancing up towards the sky, I saw the sun just overhead, signalling it was close to midday.

“Oh, yeah!” Jarre exclaimed. “Don’t worry, everything’s packed and ready to go. As soon as we’re all there, we’ll separate and head off. Oh, wait...” He broke off and looked up sadly.

“And we’ll have to split up again,” I groaned slightly, answering his thoughts. “Well at least we’ll be able to part on good terms.” I smiled and placed my paw around his neck, drawing him to my side.

The Torchic grinned as we began to walk back peacefully through the forest. “Hmm,” he murmured thoughtfully after a moment. “Do you think you’ll be able to survive with that Buizel on your back?” He gave a short laugh when I frowned in response.

“I’m tough!” I replied, scowling as I pretended to be offended. “But I hope she doesn’t get on my nerves too much.”

“If you want, I can always keep her in check?” Jarre offered, a large grin spreading across his beak as he blew a swirl of flames into the air.

“No, that won’t be needed!” I laughed at his joke. “But thanks for offering.” I went to tousle his feathers but he slipped away from me, running ahead down the path. Giggling softly, I ran after him, chasing him through the foliage and not relenting until we had reached camp and he was struggling with a fit of laughter, trapped underneath my paws.

Continued in next post...

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 11-10-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

All of us had assembled within the centre of the clearing amongst all the equipment. Codan smiled towards Lani, who smiled at Jarre, who glared at Dash, who smiled at Tali, who glared at me, which I returned with double the effort.

Kraal and Marilai had left with Quoll a short while ago, each of us saying a hearty goodbye to the Pidgey. It was sad to see her go, but she needed to return to her tribe. I paid no heed whatsoever to the two dogs; they only glared at me as they passed and I yawned impolitely to show them just how much I cared. I smiled in contempt at the memory. And good riddance to bad company, I thought happily. It was somewhat worse now that we were being split up. None of us liked our groups, but we had no choice. We all silently put up with it for the greater good, whatever that was.

“Alright,” Codan announced in a firm voice. “You know we’ve all been split into two groups.” He laid out a map of Talzere in front of us on a log, pointing out two separate routes to the Missionary. “Dash, Jarre and I will take this route,” he stated, dragging a claw from the Ocacia forest and round a town called Rysis to the Missionary. “Now Lani, Zanna and Tali will take this route.” He pointed to the forest once more and curved down towards the desert pass, then to the small town of Talaren. From there we were meant to meet up at the base of the Missionary before entering. “So, any questions?”

All of us remained silent in our sour moods. I stole a glance at Tali who stuck her tongue out in annoyance, smirking. I scowled but checked myself, wanting to remain calm in front of the others.

“No? Great, let’s hustle!”

The bags were distributed amongst us. Each of us carried a lightweight tent and our supplies, though the bulk was carried by Lani and Codan as they were larger. We bade each other goodbye before heading our separate ways.

Codan and Lani shook paws and wished each other well, grinning broadly but still sad to be apart. Stepping up to Codan, I smiled meekly towards him. He’d been my trainer and friend over the past couple of months and it was odd to not be travelling with him.

“Well, Zanna, I guess I’ll see you on the other side.”

I nodded in response and shook his outstretched paw. “Thanks for everything, Codan. Take care.”

“You too,” he smiled down at me, placing a paw on my head. “Stick close to Lani; she’ll keep an eye on you.”

I agreed and turned to Jarre, only half-smiling as I held out my paw.

“Stay safe, okay?” the worried Torchic said with concern.

“Only if you do.” It was always sad to part with my trusted partner, but I knew it’d be better if he went with Dash and Codan. Jarre took my paw with his wing and I embraced him, closing my eyes so the tears didn’t overflow. I could tell the Torchic was much the same, raising a wing to his beak as I stepped back. “I’ll miss you, but see you soon,” I smiled, trying to lift the mood. He nodded and grinned back. That only left Dash.

The Sneasel greeted me warmly, holding out a paw. “Take care, Lamb. And don’t let Tali bug you too much,” he grinned, guessing my thoughts as I shook his paw. “I’ll see you at the Missionary.”

“You’re coming with us, then?” I asked, letting go of his paw.

“For a while, yes. We need to gather those orbs and keeping an eye on you tells me we’ll soon get to see them.”

Pondering this for a moment, I nodded. “I see. Well, great to have you travelling with us.”

“Ah, it’s a pity we’re not going together, hey Lamb?” Dash shook his head sadly, but gave me a playful punch on the shoulder and nodded politely.

I still hadn’t mentioned a word to him about Rye, but I felt bad enough just thinking of the Elekid to bring him up, so I let it be. I returned to Lani looking downcast, but she drew me in with a paw to comfort me.

“It’s about time we leave, little ones. Shall we go?”

I nodded and glanced at Tali who did the same. With a last, sorrowful look at Jarre, I turned and followed the Houndoom down a rocky path, striding with large steps to keep up.

If the Missionary held answers, I hope they would be what we needed. If we could rally the Freedom Fighters we might be able to stand a chance against Deoxys. The possibility of seeing Rye’s hometown, the Marble City, and to an extent his father, had me excited I had to admit. For the first time in a long while I began to believe I could actually help this world, human or not.

~~~~~~~~~~

It wouldn't fit into two posts...so I split it up a bit. =3

Comments, guys? Who was Tali talking to? Is Raze beginning to feel something besides anger and hatred? What will happen to Rye now that he's stuck in his own nightmares? Will Zanna ever get along with Tali, and will Dash and Jarre sort out their problems?

So many questions! xD Stay tuned!

Links