Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 AM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

Default PM prob

Ok so here is the deal:

I PMed a Moderator about starting a spriting contest. I sent it to Lunar Latias. 2 days... nothing from her. I send it again, just to make sure it actually got sent. 2 days later... nothing back. I assume that something is wrong with my PMings to her, so I PM Anastasia. 3 days later... nothing back. PMed again... 3days... nothing. I waited a week, and got nothing back. Both of them were online when I sent the PMs. I am wondering if something is wrong with my PMing.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:43 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: PM prob

It could have been that while you saw them online, perhaps they had left already, likely not logging off the forum and thus be still present, according to the server.

Even so, if a couple of days later neither of them replied, maybe it's because they didn't notice the PM prompt. Or got annoyed that you kept sending them PMs. It can happen.

The solution, however, isn't "keep sending them PMs". People- at least me- find annoying to be sent a lot of PMs like that for no real reason. Behind the colorful usernames, we are people too, and busy ones often.

That said, I don't know if there is any problem with PMs- I often ask and get asked if I got this or that PM, and the answer is always positive. As far as I know, the problems might be as follow:

1)You were sending the PM, but either your browser or the forum crashed. If this happens, check in your sent items folder for a copy of the PM you sent- it's a default option to save a copy of a sent pm. If there isn't, chances are you didn't send it, or toggled off the "save a copy in the sent item folder" option.

2) the person you sent the PM to has a full inbox. It never occurred to me, but you get a notice about this if you try to send a PM and the receiver's box is full. I think, at least. If this happens, you have to wait for the other person to clean the PM box a little.

That's all I can think of. People, feel free to prove me wrong.

One last thing: instead of resending the PM, write them a VM on their profile page. It usually works wonders.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

It could be what DG said about them being online when you sent it - if they've closed the window without clicking 'Log Out', it'll be 15 minutes before they're actually shown as 'offline'.

In future, if you want to make sure a PM has been sent and read, before you send the PM, underneath where you write the message, there should be five boxes - make sure the ones saying something along the lines of 'Place a copy of this in my sent items folder' and 'Request a read receipt' are ticked. This'll help you check if it's been sent, and if it has, when it was read.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimashi View Post
Ok so here is the deal:

I PMed a Moderator about starting a spriting contest. I sent it to Lunar Latias. 2 days... nothing from her. I send it again, just to make sure it actually got sent. 2 days later... nothing back. I assume that something is wrong with my PMings to her, so I PM Anastasia. 3 days later... nothing back. PMed again... 3days... nothing. I waited a week, and got nothing back. Both of them were online when I sent the PMs. I am wondering if something is wrong with my PMing.
If you would read the rules of the section, which I made... Then you could see that if a mod doesn't reply it means it's a no...

So you need to go over the Art Contest rules again young lady.. And remember the more effort you put into your contest the more likely it is to be accepted.. :3

Also, pestering the mods wont help one bit.. :3

Anyway, if you need any help on how to fill out the form given in the rules made for the Art contest section then give me a call.. :3

Anyway in case you didn't see them, here they are.. :3

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
If you would read the rules of the section, which I made... Then you could see that if a mod doesn't reply it means it's a no...
But it wouldn't hurt for them to reply and say no themselves, or even give a little help and insight as to what's wrong with the contest. How is Kimashi supposed to know what's wrong with their contest if they don't get any help when they ask and are just ignored?

Ana and LL aren't rude, so I think they probably just forgot/didn't see/didn't have time/had a problem with PMs.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

I was not trying to pester the Mods, nor was I trying to annoy them. I just wanted to know if my PM got sent or not.

And I know that "under these colorful names we are humans too" thing. I am a moderator to a forum, and an admin to two others.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimashi View Post
I was not trying to pester the Mods, nor was I trying to annoy them. I just wanted to know if my PM got sent or not.

And I know that "under these colorful names we are humans too" thing. I am a moderator to a forum, and an admin to two others.
On your Private Message box, there's a list of "Inbox (number here)" And, "Sent items (number here)". You can check on "Sent items" and see what PM you sent, to who, and at what time.

And I maybe have forgotten to see the PM or I might have forgotten to reply. If you want, send it again when you see this post, and I'll make sure to reply back.

Last edited by Anastasia-R; 10-30-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

I only get on sometimes these days, so I may have gotten it but forgot to check or reply.

If so, I'm sincerely sorry. Best to try again, mm? ^^

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 10-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
I only get on sometimes these days, so I may have gotten it but forgot to check or reply.

If so, I'm sincerely sorry. Best to try again, mm? ^^
It's ok. I pmed Ana. Thanks though. ^^