Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Re: Magic

If anyone can show me one example in the history of the world of a single psychic who's been able to show under reasonable experimental conditions that they can read minds, I'll believe it.

Until then, I can safely say that I know god, magic, and any kind of special powers are made up just as much as unicorns, leprechans, fairies, pixies, and that flying ghostly teapot that orbits around everyone's head.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Master Zorua Offline

I'm not sure about the whole mind-reading thing, but I do know a psychic that helped bring a wanted murder to justice, as well as reunite a mother with her kidnapped children based on her visions. So while there are some phonies in the 'psychic' world, there are real ones as well (And no, I'm not talking about some show on TV. I have a friend in Florida that has actually worked with the police department, and the stories have been confirmed by the victims).

I do believe in magic, or heka as we refer to it in my faith. I use different types for assisted healing. Chakra healing, prayers to Sekhmet (Goddess of Healing, among other things), aromatherapy and protection blessings. I will say this up-front because there have been people that have tried to rely solely on faith-healing: Faith Healing is not meant to replace medical healing. Djehuty gave us the knowledge to create medicine and surgical proceedures for a reason. Faith Healing is meant to be a healing AIDE which has been proven to increase the effectiveness and decrease the total recovery time of medical healing as well as healing emotional scars that may be related to the initial cause of injury. It has also been used as a means to help ease the pain of terminal patients who cannot be saved but can make thier transition from this world to the next less painful and easier.

Last edited by Mewcario; 10-06-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:04 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

I do beleive in magic, and I also believe that people can have magical gifts. Since the brain is so complex, we don't know weather it is able to use psychic abilities or not.

To me, with plenty of practice and meditation, it is possible to gain psychic abilities.

But that's just me!

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!