Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Having the Battle Frontier as a event

I was thinking seen the last time I asked why there wasn't a Battle Frontier, I was told that there wasn't people to run it so I was thinking... Why not run the Battle Frontier as a event? For a month open up the Battle Frontier and offer more money or "battle points" that could be used in a event shop. I just think it would be cool to have a Battle Frontier period. Tell me what u think

- Craig aka Gamedude

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:20 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Default Re: Having the Battle Frontier as a event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
I was thinking seen the last time I asked why there wasn't a Battle Frontier, I was told that there wasn't people to run it so I was thinking... Why not run the Battle Frontier as a event? For a month open up the Battle Frontier and offer more money or "battle points" that could be used in a event shop. I just think it would be cool to have a Battle Frontier period. Tell me what u think

- Craig aka Gamedude
I'm interested. Like, the facilities in Platinum. It would be cool, I guess. I'm up for it.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

i like the idea

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Lusitania Offline

I believe there was a Battle Factory even/tournament a while back
Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

I would do it. I'd love a Battle Factory and/or a Battle Arcade.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
I believe there was a Battle Factory even/tournament a while back

Yeah, you're right, it was. Chris ran it iirc. I remember it started not to long after I joined URPG.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

The idea per se isn't bad. However, the Battle Frontier rules are tricky. There's next to no way you can apply them to a normal URPG battle. Most of them, anyway.

Chris ran a Battle Factory tournament a while ago. It was popular, and he ran it well. I guess we could try to do something similiar again, but it depends if somebody is actually going to host it..

However, the other facilities, be it the Emerald ones or Platinum, aren't that easy. Other than a generic Battle Dome, honestly. That wouldn't be the worst idea ever, but it's just a generic tournament, nothing too exciting.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
DarkEevee Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DarkEevee

I really like this idea. The Battle Arcade would be interesting. Before the battle, a die could be rolled and determine what happens. But yeah, someone well organised would be needed to run it.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM
KantoChamp46 Offline
Elite Trainer

Honestly, I don't think it would be all that hard as just an event. Like DarkEevee said, as long as someone organized runs it, or more than one person, it should work fine. And if it's only an event, it doesn't have to be constantly maintained. Whoever starts it could just pick one of the facilities and use those rules... I'd suggest against Factory, though, if it's been done before. Doing something new and different would, I think, really draw more people in. It would just take a lot of good organization, but it would be pretty rad. Hopefully more people catch on to this, it's an awesome idea.

98% of teens won't stand up for God. If you're one of the 2% who will, place this somewhere in your signature.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:38 AM
LS Offline

The problem with the Battle Frontier is that there is too much work involved and too many people are needed to organize it. Oh and most of the people that have a chance to complete it would be in the organization team and most probably will not be able to compete.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:57 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I have talked with many leaders of the URPG about this and as far as I can tell, Chris is still the expert of these events. I am under the impression that he wishes to continue events related to the battle frontier and it would be rude to do anything else without consulting him.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 09-17-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I have talked with many leaders of the URPG about this and as far as I can tell, Chris is still the expert of these events. I am under the impression that he wishes to continue events related to the battle frontier and it would be rude to do anything else without consulting him.
I will carry those events on if you accept that Harry. I was mainly sticking to Emerald's Frontier. I have no idea what rules etc they have in D/P. But with Risk running at the moment. For another tournament to slip in wouldn't be the right thing for activity :P. Well yeah it could probably work lol. I can work on the Battle Frontier. This time I would probably need some help with the rules and stuff. But yeah, I'll be gladly to carry it on. Battle Factory has been quite popular before since it was random. The other areas would probably be who is stronger, but we shall see.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:43 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil Fusion View Post
I will carry those events on if you accept that Harry. I was mainly sticking to Emerald's Frontier. I have no idea what rules etc they have in D/P. But with Risk running at the moment. For another tournament to slip in wouldn't be the right thing for activity :P. Well yeah it could probably work lol. I can work on the Battle Frontier. This time I would probably need some help with the rules and stuff. But yeah, I'll be gladly to carry it on. Battle Factory has been quite popular before since it was random. The other areas would probably be who is stronger, but we shall see.

I do accept that. In fact, I want to participate!

I'm sure that there are quite a few talented URPG members who are interested in helping out and more than wiling to volunteer their time and services to this idea.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
DarkEevee Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DarkEevee

I'd definately help out, since I've loved the Battle Frontier in the games. The only actual facilities that would make sense to do would be the Battle Factory, Arcade and possibly Battle Castle. Battle Dome/Tower, however, would be just like a 3v3 battle, which doesn't give the same excitment as the others. If there is any continuation of this idea, someone give me a PM, as again, I'd like to volounteer to help out in anyway I can.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

Me and Adam (Gold Rush) are gonna work on this. But would it be wise to post a tournament with risk going along is what's on my mind.