Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 AM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog
Default Re: URPG Achievements

Good idea, but I think the upkeep would be too much for the mods. Too much hassle to update.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net
Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 AM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
We could have a small prize, like an item for 5k or less every 10 points. :o
Maybe berries? Seems like a way to hit two birds with one stone

EDIT: Good idea btw Harry

Last edited by GreenRampage; 09-01-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshyMallow View Post
Maybe berries? Seems like a way to hit two birds with one stone
Solve the ZOMG BUY BERRY ??? NO PROFIT whinefest?

And yea, I like this idea. Maybe award points for hitting a certain amount of battles or some crap/
Old 09-01-2009, 02:00 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
Good idea, but I think the upkeep would be too much for the mods. Too much hassle to update.
Agreed. I think the mods should start updating (more) what we already have before we get to more stuff that would involve updating.

:)
Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I like the idea, but I agree that there shouldn't be prizes. As for the updating issue, I'd say we should just be in charge of keeping track of it ourselves. Give us an extra post in our Stat threads for it and those of us with our own boards just add a post, and we just have a thread where we post proof of our earning the achievements. Then we have Officials and such approve it.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Agreed. I think the mods should start updating (more) what we already have before we get to more stuff that would involve updating.

:)
Each member keeps track of their own achievements w/links. I doubt that many people will fluff up their achievements and if they do go bragging about lots of stuff they don't have, I suspect their be found out pretty quickly.

If someone wants a special title or prize, then they can post/PM/VM with their achievement post/links so a mod can then look at them and give 'em the green-light. Not that much work if you only give out titles/prizes (if you give them out at all) sparingly.

Edit: Just saw Khaj's post, lol. Pretty much the same thing, 'cept I am in favor of titles and maybe small prizes.

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-01-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Posted late
Old 09-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
Each member keeps track of their own achievements w/links. Mods can look at them now and then to make sure everything is in order. I doubt that many people will fluff up their achievements and if they do go bragging about stuff they don't have, I suspect their be found out pretty quickly by other members.

If someone wants a special title or prize, then they can post/PM/VM with their achievement post/links so a mod can then look at them and give 'em the greenlight. Not that much work if you only give out titles/prizes (if you give them out at all) sparingly.
Also I like the idea of titles. *will totally get the title for Grader/Ref/Ranger/Judge*
Old 09-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

No prizes. The achievement itself is the prize!

And you don't need a whole new post in your stats for what you achieved. Just add it in with what you have.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
Solve the ZOMG BUY BERRY ??? NO PROFIT whinefest?

And yea, I like this idea. Maybe award points for hitting a certain amount of battles or some crap/
Don't think battle total should be a part of it, because then you're practically begging more 1v1s to happen.

However, I think battle record could be used. Say, an achievement if you get a 50 win streak? (Could be lowered) Or if you manage to maintain a positive record for # amount of time? There're quite a few possibilities for this.

Khajmer @ You're a judge?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Also I like the idea of titles. *will totally get the title for Grader/Ref/Ranger/Judge*
too bad, you're late :p I'm the first Ref/Grader/Judge/Ranger here.

*insert maniacal laugh here*

So... Hm... I really don't have anything to add to this thread. It doesn't sound half bad, but I'm not too sure about handing prizes for this stuff. Just... some people might start scream "NO WAI! MORE FREEBIES FOR NUBZ!!1!1". You know who you are.

That's all I have to say.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
So... Hm... I really don't have anything to add to this thread. It doesn't sound half bad, but I'm not too sure about handing prizes for this stuff. Just... some people might start scream "NO WAI! MORE FREEBIES FOR NUBZ!!1!1". You know who you are.
(:

If this happens with prizes, only do them ever 20 or so.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Don't think battle total should be a part of it, because then you're practically begging more 1v1s to happen.

However, I think battle record could be used. Say, an achievement if you get a 50 win streak? (Could be lowered) Or if you manage to maintain a positive record for # amount of time? There're quite a few possibilities for this.

Khajmer @ You're a judge?
No, and as I've said I'm not a fan of the in-game contests. But I'd do it for the title. I would so do it for the title ;-D
Old 09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Fever Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fever Send a message via MSN to Fever

I love this idea. I think it goes back to the heart of the original Pokemon values - yes, the very first episode where Pika hates Ash & Ash steals Misty's bike...
Wait. That came out wrong.
What I mean is that it makes people proud of what they've done, what they've worked for. Like Trainers are proud of badges not because they won, but because they worked TO win, like Ash getting Pikachu's respect, or whatever.

- wanders off into land of sentimental crapola -

I think a league table or w/e would add an element of competitiveness that would spoil this idea, though. I have nothing against competing or battling, I just think that it belongs with the URPG Ladder or the Story Competitions. (OKAY, THE CONTESTS TOO.)

Maybe a Trophy to put in the stats, for EVERYONE who makes that achievement. No prizes IMO, unless you count the ego/confidence boost.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:41 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever View Post
I love this idea. I think it goes back to the heart of the original Pokemon values - yes, the very first episode where Pika hates Ash & Ash steals Misty's bike...
Wait. That came out wrong.
What I mean is that it makes people proud of what they've done, what they've worked for. Like Trainers are proud of badges not because they won, but because they worked TO win, like Ash getting Pikachu's respect, or whatever.

- wanders off into land of sentimental crapola -

I think a league table or w/e would add an element of competitiveness that would spoil this idea, though. I have nothing against competing or battling, I just think that it belongs with the URPG Ladder or the Story Competitions. (OKAY, THE CONTESTS TOO.)

Maybe a Trophy to put in the stats, for EVERYONE who makes that achievement. No prizes IMO, unless you count the ego/confidence boost.
Maybe buy titles or said trophy(ies) with a certain amount of achievement points. Something witty like "I worked my ass off and all I got was this lousy plaque".

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:55 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I have asked PhantomKat to take lead of this project, suggesting that perhaps she might find it useful to work with other URPG members like Seq. At the moment, they are putting together a list of possible achievements we would like to see.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 09-17-2009 at 03:44 AM.