Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 08-29-2009, 04:37 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Yeah, there are LOTS of Stickies and stuff. I know it looks crazy, but like DG said, I've send a PM to Ryan asking for the Park to have its own board + subboards. Once that's taken care of, various threads will be moved to their appropriate subboard. Depending on how long it takes, I might combine some of the threads to tidy up until the Park is moved and stuff.

Ryan might not have done any changes because I haven't told him you were doing any. I'll send him a PM to do so.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Ryan might not have done any changes because I haven't told him you were doing any. I'll send him a PM to do so.
Oh XD. Okay then, that's great.

And thanks Scott, we've worked hard to get this thing to where it is now.

Also, I talked with Neo Persian, who feels I'm getting over-organized with so many subboards and such. I just want to throw this out there in case anyone else has related concerns; for now, I want everything as organized as possible. That'll keep the Park flowing smoothly even if it gets relatively crazy after opening. After things have had a chance to settle down into a regular rhythm, we can discuss what needs to stay and what can be cut, and that includes subboards. Just hang tight for now!

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Attention Park Goers:

There have been a few (two) changes in the rules of the Park. The first is a basic guideline found in the Mechanics thread under V c.

This is to help eliminate bias as a potential problem in the future, and works much like the Stories' boards 'All the Pokemon we Don't Hate' thread. Keep in mind it's not an exact science, it is possible to catch Pokemon posting under the limits, however it will be more difficult. Also, the list is very likely to be changed as various kinks in the system are worked out through trial and error. The last thing we want is to make capturing Pokemon much easier or much harder than our story brethren.

The second has to do with encounter rolls, and can be found in the Information for Rangers thread under 2).

This, again, is to help eliminate potential bias. If roll inactivity becomes an issue the rule will be subject to change, though hopefully this will never become a problem.

Thank you, and I wish me a happy belated birthday.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Redino987 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redino987

Eraizaa has been gone for a really long time, and I didnt want to make a big thing about it, but this is really the only part of the URPG that I am active in, so..... yeah.

just wondering if something could be done, or should be done.

now a real question. What is kept from the trial run, other than "fun guinea pig experimentation" (kidding, it was actually fun. )
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Heh, Erai had some stuff to deal with irl, so that's why he was gone so long. But don't worry; the Park itself will be opening soon ^^. So even if the Trial remains sort of inactive, the actual RP and stuff will be underway before much longer.

Also, the Trial was mostly to test out different things, such as playing around with dealing damage and that sort of thing. We actually got quite a lot out of it. If you mean reward-wise, everyone who helped will hopefully be getting a Common Pokemon (the Trainers, anyways lol). I mean, it was already agreed that people who caught one would be able to keep one, but I mean for people who didn't have a chance to catch anything.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Double-post ftw!

As of now, Dragoness and Neo Persian have been promoted to Ranger status! CONGRATULATE THEM OR DIE HORRIBLY!!!

Lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Double-post ftw!

As of now, Dragoness and Neo Persian have been promoted to Ranger status! CONGRATULATE THEM OR DIE HORRIBLY!!!

Lol.
That's awesome! Congrats Neo! :D
Old 09-05-2009, 10:53 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Jess, I forgot what was the initiation ritual this week. Xiao Wu dynasty torture or tickets to an all-you-can-eat meal with a lion? (tip, the lion's got the ticket)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Jess, I forgot what was the initiation ritual this week. Xiao Wu dynasty torture or tickets to an all-you-can-eat meal with a lion? (tip, the lion's got the ticket)
Haha, actually, it's changed again. New Rangers have to endure a week of listening to the most horrible 60s music ever to see the light of day. It never stops, and after we run out of songs, we start them all over again! And they only get to eat Fig Newtons and drink knock-off diet cherry soda.

>8D

EDIT: All right, the SU thread has been updated with the RP plot! Go check it out and let me know what you think!

I'll be making another post with the plot + rules soon, but it won't be Stickied until we get the new board and everything. Speaking of Stickies, several of the threads are going to be edited; nothing major, just a few final tweakings before the Park officially launches.

Also, Ryan now has the latest plans and everything, so it shouldn't be too much longer before the Park board and its subboards are created. As soon as that happens, the Park will be open, but not OFFICIALLY until the announcement is made. After the Park is open, all the Stickies will be moved to appropriate subboards. Don't worry about not being able to find them; I'll leave redirects for about two weeks so everyone has plenty of time to learn where the threads are.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-09-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Haha, actually, it's changed again. New Rangers have to endure a week of listening to the most horrible 60s music ever to see the light of day. It never stops, and after we run out of songs, we start them all over again! And they only get to eat Fig Newtons and drink knock-off diet cherry soda.

>8D
That sounds delightful actually, maybe I should try to become a ranger. X3

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

XD Nyurgh, after that comment I wonder if maybe you're not a masochist?

Kidding, kidding. Though I personally would find that to be a very horrible thing to endure. I'm glad I'm above these silly initiation things!

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Quote:
XD Nyurgh, after that comment I wonder if maybe you're not a masochist?

Kidding, kidding. Though I personally would find that to be a very horrible thing to endure. I'm glad I'm above these silly initiation things!
I had to look up masochist, and it made me lol.

Back to the topic, the plot seems interesting, I can't wait to dive in. Hopefully I don't end up killed. ^_^

Old 09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
I had to look up masochist, and it made me lol.

Back to the topic, the plot seems interesting, I can't wait to dive in. Hopefully I don't end up killed. ^_^
LULZ.

Hee, I don't think we're going to let our Trainers get killed. Maybe a bit mauled, maimed, and mutilated, but not killed. Then again, WHO KNOWS? It might be interesting if people start turning up dead on the island lol.

Yay for morbidness!

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Quote:
LULZ.

Hee, I don't think we're going to let our Trainers get killed. Maybe a bit mauled, maimed, and mutilated, but not killed. Then again, WHO KNOWS? It might be interesting if people start turning up dead on the island lol.

Yay for morbidness!
Well, I guess it's too bad that I'm not a masochist. :(

Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
LULZ.

Yay for morbidness!
well, it will depend on the people we'll be taking in, won't it? I myself wouldn't like to see our precious RPers mauled for nothing.

However, if anyone can't even write a post if their life depended on it, then I won't ask forgiveness for any action *I* might make happen.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.