Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:43 AM
jeebus4life Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Freshman Friday

Hey I was just wondering if you guys know what Freshman Friday is and if it also happens in other schools that I don't know of.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:06 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117
Default Re: Freshman Friday

In my school it wasnt a big deal. My friend got his phone stolen by some seniors though.
I heard in other schools though freshmen get "jumped"(beat up). So yea I think it really matters on where you live.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Yeah, we have it at our school too. I've never heard of any freshman getting beaten up, but a few of them have had their clothes stolen from the locker rooms. x3

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 09-04-2009, 05:27 AM
jeebus4life Offline
Experienced Trainer

well what the seniors do at our school are track the bus stops and egging freshman around campus and buses.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:33 AM
R2D2 Offline
Banned

At my high school, Freshman Friday was all talk.

Depends on the school, but if you're neither annoying nor annoying-looking you should be fine.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
At my high school, Freshman Friday was all talk.

Depends on the school, but if you're neither annoying nor annoying-looking you should be fine.
Wow. I'm a senior and I have never heard of Freshman Friday...>_>

Then again, there are very few people at my school that have the propensity to pick on others. Of course, I've found, over time, that people in Texas are generally nicer than those elsewhere.

My Battle Log
Old 09-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarago View Post

Then again, there are very few people at my school that have the propensity to pick on others. Of course, I've found, over time, that people in Texas are generally nicer than those elsewhere.
I've never heard of anything like it either :/.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:56 AM
SPPF_Max Offline
Banned

This would've been 3 years ago for me. I'm a Senior now and I don't remember hearing anything about Freshman Fridays. And I also have no suggestions about how you could've heard of it either. Sorry.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:

We Texans rock. :)

I never heard of Freshman Friday, although it may be because the freshman in our district have their own (and may I say, nicer, much more sanitary) campus. 'Course, I heard of male, freshman band students getting shoved into their lockers when marching season rolls around, although I have yet to see that. xD

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 09-06-2009, 07:07 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
We Texans rock. :)

I never heard of Freshman Friday, although it may be because the freshman in our district have their own (and may I say, nicer, much more sanitary) campus. 'Course, I heard of male, freshman band students getting shoved into their lockers when marching season rolls around, although I have yet to see that. xD

- Kat
Yeah, I know a lot of people in band, and so when they all tell the same stories about freshman kids being pushed around, you begin to believe it's true.

Also, yeah, a similar situation went down in my school district. A new school just opened, and though there are only about 600 Freshmen and Sophomores there, the plan is for all of them to go to that school, and everyone else goes to the one I've been going to. Whatever this Freshman Friday is, I don't think it's bee syndicated all too well...>_>

My Battle Log
Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I've heard of it, but it never happened at my old school. There were seniors that were friends with freshman so yeah. It's probably seen in bigger schools, which mine wasn't.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-07-2009, 01:34 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
I've heard of it, but it never happened at my old school. There were seniors that were friends with freshman so yeah. It's probably seen in bigger schools, which mine wasn't.
My high school's 5A; one of the biggest in Texas. I'm telling you, we're just nicer than everyone else. >_>

My Battle Log
Old 09-07-2009, 07:38 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
My high school's 5A; one of the biggest in Texas. I'm telling you, we're just nicer than everyone else. >_>
Mind was 2A, but I don't think there's even a 5A school in Virgina. Are you saying your saying your nicer compared to everyone else?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-07-2009, 07:55 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
Mind was 2A, but I don't think there's even a 5A school in Virgina. Are you saying your saying your nicer compared to everyone else?
Well, yeah. I mean, it's easy to go to Austin or Dallas and ask anyone for directions - almost everyone is nice enough to point things out for you. When I went to New York, that was extremely hard to come by, and there are people everywhere in the city, mind you.

If anything, I'm just being facetious, though. There's really no way to prove that other than what I can exemplify by my experience, which isn't much. Besides, I guess it's not so much that we're nicer than everyone else on the whole, but rather more welcoming. First impressions can be overrated at times, >_>.

My Battle Log