Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Discussion (Red/Blue/Time/Darkness)

Lol, too late everyone. I was at a resteraunt and used an X-Eye seed (most common in the dungeon excluding Heal Seed and the occasional Pure Seed) on him and he didn't move for a second so I Fire Blasted him twice and Turtwig used Razor Leaf, Crunch, and such.

What helped a lot, though, was the fact that I devoured a Violent Seed and let him come to me. He used Roar of Time and about killed me, putting me AND my partner in low health. I though I was doomed, but it turns out that Fire Blast ended up doing 476 damage because of Blaze's boost and the Violent Seed. Harmony (Turtwig) was close to dealing the last blow but I Fire Blasted him again and that was the end of it. :D

Tips for those fighting Dialga:

Don't fret over losing. Just keep on lingering on that last floor trying to get as much Exp in as you can. Level up as much as possible, then take him on with an X-Eye Seed.

Don't waste your time using orb. That mystical force crap prevents their usage. Orbs are no-no's.

Hit him with your strongest, one turn attack. Don't try and Focus Blast/Focus Punch/ect. him to death-you'll be down for the count before you can even get a hit in.

DO NOT, I mean, DO NOT try and run. It doesn't work. Tough it out until the end. If you fail, so what-go back through the dungeon and try again. Never give up.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-24-2009, 03:31 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

ok i had a quick question

i bought blue rescue team a couple days ago. i wanted to know if the pokemon you are can evolve?

for example, im a mudkip and im lv 16 but i didnt evolve
Old 07-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

No. You can, but not until the end of the main game. Then a new area opens where you can go to evolve.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
No. You can, but not until the end of the main game. Then a new area opens where you can go to evolve.
so, is it just me and my partner ookemon that cant evolve until end of game, or is it all my pokemon?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

It is all pokemon. evolution in general was apparently unheard on the island. After you beat the game don't want to give away spoilers you can evolve.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
It is all pokemon. evolution in general was apparently unheard on the island. After you beat the game don't want to give away spoilers you can evolve.
k. thanks for the help
Old 08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Atheena Offline
Experienced Trainer

I've picked up Time at my local Gamestop. Have been playing 25 hours straight and have made it to Primal Dialga. I am a level 40 Squirtle with a level 40 Chimchar. I can't seem to win, especially when Dialga goes uber and spams Roar of Time. >.<

actually if you read this... I am begging you... drop me a VM.

~OFFICIALLY PAIRED TO: MARSHMALLOW POPE
Old 08-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheena View Post
I've picked up Time at my local Gamestop. Have been playing 25 hours straight and have made it to Primal Dialga. I am a level 40 Squirtle with a level 40 Chimchar. I can't seem to win, especially when Dialga goes uber and spams Roar of Time. >.<
Uggh, I've been there with my Meowth and Totodile. I honestly think I got to the mid 50s before I beat him, and that was because both of my Pokemon were using consecutive Water Pulses, causing him to be confused for the whole battle.

Lelve up as much as you can, and try to inflict Dialga with conditions such as Thunder Wave and Confusion (Squirtle can learn Water Pulse, so I suggest he knows it) because IMO, the one turn Dialga needs to recharge from Roar of Time is not enough. Moves like Protect and Detect can also help. :/

Don't give up! Dialga's battle was the second most aggravating moment of PMD2 for me (the first is the battle you have to do in order to gradiate from the Guild), but you'll feel so accomplished when you beat him. And the ending credits are SO worth it. :D

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
brandonelliott Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheena View Post
Same Here, Im stuck on that bit, im just gonna bang out joy seeds till I reach like level sixty, Then bring a bag full of apples max elixers and reviver seeds, just to make sure i absolutely Destroy this guy, Also, has anybody got a good move combo (set) whatever for a Totodile and Cyndaquil? i just wanna have the right moves too. Thanks.

>.> That was a LOooooong Sentence.

Team Ownage
Old 09-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Yay! I decided to pick up PMD Red today after not playing for ages and I managed to get the 99th floor of Purity Forest and get Celebi!

I used Alakazam and was lucky enough to find a Warp Scarf around level 30 then just zipped around the different floors til I found the stairs. xD Also bought a Pass Scarf from Kecleon which came in handy too. Definitely ended up being easier than I thought.

Now all I need are Jirachi and Regice and I'll have all the legends. I'm really happy about getting Celebi though as it's definitely the one I wanted the most. =]
Old 09-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Yay! I decided to pick up PMD Red today after not playing for ages and I managed to get the 99th floor of Purity Forest and get Celebi!

I used Alakazam and was lucky enough to find a Warp Scarf around level 30 then just zipped around the different floors til I found the stairs. xD Also bought a Pass Scarf from Kecleon which came in handy too. Definitely ended up being easier than I thought.

Now all I need are Jirachi and Regice and I'll have all the legends. I'm really happy about getting Celebi though as it's definitely the one I wanted the most. =]
WOOO~

Great going, Sarah. ^^ I remember when I first got Celebi using Alakazam...after trying with various other fail Pokemon. XD

Alakazam is always the best choice for that, because it knows Teleport. It's win-win!

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 09-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post

That's great! :D The highest I've gone was floor 80 something or other with Alakazam before my friend moved with my game. I have Blue, but always restart that thing.

I had Jirachi though, got him on my first try with Alakazam. Teleport +linked three Frustrations + Max Elixirs = one easy time in Wish Cave. 8D

It is Elixirs, right? I haven't played PMD in ages. =.=

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 09-19-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 PM
-Haribo- Offline
Banned

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Q&A and Discussion (Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky)

Congrats PTS
I couldn't even get to 30 upwards. xP

-Haribo-
Old 09-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Q&A and Discussion (Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky)

Haha, thanks guys. I heard Alakazam was good, and it definitely worked well. ^^ You should try it again, -Haribo-. I'm sure you could do it with some luck. =]

I think I'll go for Jirachi next. I'll try Kat's suggestion. =D
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

In PMD Red, do you have to find the HM Surf in the Soilar Cave for Spinda to appear, or can you get it from Wondermail?