Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Re: Which controversial topic is most important to you?

I dunno about most controversial. Gay rights are definitely up there, but I'm more concerned with the fact they can't be openly gay in the military and the social stigma attatached to being gay than with marriage rights. Global warming's a huge problem, too, and there's multiple international problems that need to be dealt with (anyone remember Tibet? Darfur?)
Old 03-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Mostly social issues (abortion, racism, gay marriage, etc.) because I feel that those have the biggest and most direct impact on our daily lives. Foreign issues are causes I typically try to contribute to, but I can't usually find a way that makes my contributions feel significant.

Hi

Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Right now its Gay marriage, followed by sexism. Also a major deal in India right now is the moral police. According to them women shouldn't date, go out to a club, drink or wear clothes which show their arms as it is against our "culture". Also many people are objecting to a boy from one religion even talking to a girl from another religion. If such happens the people involved get beaten up, and the politicians and policemen are too busy filling their pockets with money to basically, give a damn.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:16 AM
badeth Offline
New Trainer

The controversial topic that interests me most is divorce. Divorce is a delicate subject that thwarts the traditional views of marriage. Though divorce has gained social condemnation, I think people should be more open in accepting divorce as social "truth." Before, a number of wives had been battered because divorce was unacceptable; however, this has changed primordially as domestic violence and adultery can be claimed as grounds for divorce. Today, you can find cheap divorce services whenever you caught your husband having an affair with someone else.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:25 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

The most controvercial issue to me is Universal Health-Care.

I completely understand that it will be an increase in taxes, but where I live - alot of people live in broken-down homes with no water or electricity. They've lost their jobs and can't afford any decent health care. I myself, have lost my dental and physical therapy coverage and I certainly can't afford either appointment without a job.