Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Author Recommendations

No offense to anyone in particular, but I feel there's a considerable lack of good stories in this forum. The only good authors I've read around here are k_pop and Oni Raichu.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke View Post
No offense to anyone in particular, but I feel there's a considerable lack of good stories in this forum. The only good authors I've read around here are k_pop and Oni Raichu.
You should read Neo's Trial of Juno fics, then . Deathspector has some awesome fics too, if you care to find them, Rocketmeowth's PMD: Team Nine Lives to the Rescue! is great IMO, and Darth Murkrow's fic (on hiatus), Chronicles of the Shards, is also worth a read.

There are lots of good authors out there, you just have to take your time to find the best fics, which are often buried deep in the fanfic section's records xP
Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
The PokeSHOP Offline

Well, I'd like to shine some light on other fiction. Arami's fics, although are written almost as slow as possible, are really good. There are alot o great stories in the other fan fic.
If you are a member of the Democratic Party (or simply a supporter), please join The Democratic Party
Old 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
You should read Neo's Trial of Juno fics, then . Deathspector has some awesome fics too, if you care to find them, Rocketmeowth's PMD: Team Nine Lives to the Rescue! is great IMO, and Darth Murkrow's fic (on hiatus), Chronicles of the Shards, is also worth a read.

There are lots of good authors out there, you just have to take your time to find the best fics, which are often buried deep in the fanfic section's records xP
Most of the better authors are the ones who have been around forever and a day and started to post their work a year ago or more. But I've noticed (most) new members only seem to focus on whatever is on the front pages and are not much into digging for a good story :P. The same is very true on FF.net....

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I don't know if I'm supposed to say this here, but I think:

Since four known stories from PE2K have been stolen recently (a number of times) and have been posted on other websites, I think it should be recommended for every fan fic to have, in the first post, where they have posted that particular story so that if someone happens to come across it on another website that they didn't mention it was on, they could report it to the author. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
I don't know if I'm supposed to say this here, but I think:

Since four known stories from PE2K have been stolen recently (a number of times) and have been posted on other websites, I think it should be recommended for every fan fic to have, in the first post, where they have posted that particular story so that if someone happens to come across it on another website that they didn't mention it was on, they could report it to the author. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

~Xanthe.
I agree with you, Xanthe. This stealing thing has gotta stop. Maybe posting all the sites that have already been reported, and sites your fic has been posted on is a good idea. Like this:

Fan-Fiction Name:
Sites Posted On:
Reported Sites:

How's that? Any site not mentioned here should be reported.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
I agree with you, Xanthe. This stealing thing has gotta stop. Maybe posting all the sites that have already been reported, and sites your fic has been posted on is a good idea. Like this:

Fan-Fiction Name:
Sites Posted On:
Reported Sites:

How's that? Any site not mentioned here should be reported.
Thank you. ^^

Yes, very good form. I'll put it into my thread right now and tell others about it. :3

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Thank you. ^^

Yes, very good form. I'll put it into my thread right now and tell others about it. :3

~Xanthe.
Alright. I might do the same with mine, I think.

I can help spread the word too. ^^

Links
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Giratina Offline

Aha, I posted that on Metal Coat, just in case. C:
(I'm going to be posting a new fic soon, sooooo it'll be there too.)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 08-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Reading all the replies to this thread, I'm a bit confused. Can we still recommend fics? Or is this not going on anymore?

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 08-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
Reading all the replies to this thread, I'm a bit confused. Can we still recommend fics? Or is this not going on anymore?
As far as I know you still can. I don't think anyone's really updating it anymore though, but I guess I can do that for you if you have something to recommend.

Links