Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Pokemon R/S/E MonoType Version 1

Welcome to the R/S/E MonoType Challenge, Version 1!

The aim of the monotype challenge is for you to try and complete the game using only one type. More detail is provided in the rules.

Rules

1. The pokemon may be double-typed, e.g. Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.

2. All the pokemon must be based around one type. Here's an example of a normal type team:

Raticate
Clefable
Pidgeot
Fearow
Wigglytuff
Eevee

3. No legends. That makes it much more difficult.

4. Your challenge ends when you beat the Elite Four, as there is not much left to do.

5. Dark, Steel, Dragon and Ghost monotypes are not counted as they are too difficult.

6. You may not have two of the same pokemon or two in the same evolution line (e.g Nidorino+Nidoking)

7. If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one pokemon of your chosen type.

8. You may have pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves, NOT to be used in battle.

9. You may only change type once throughout your quest. No changing all the time.

10. Post only on this thread to either state which type you are doing, your current progress or to ask for suggestions on which pokemon to use.

11. Have fun!!!

((Credit to Dark Arceus))

Currently, I have started a Fire Run. Though I may hack some new ones in. :x

Anyone else like to take a shot at this?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon R/S/E MonoType Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Welcome to the R/S/E MonoType Challenge, Version 1!

The aim of the monotype challenge is for you to try and complete the game using only one type. More detail is provided in the rules.

Rules

1. The pokemon may be double-typed, e.g. Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.

2. All the pokemon must be based around one type. Here's an example of a normal type team:

Raticate
Clefable
Pidgeot
Fearow
Wigglytuff
Eevee

3. No legends. That makes it much more difficult.

4. Your challenge ends when you beat the Elite Four, as there is not much left to do.

5. Dark, Steel, Dragon and Ghost monotypes are not counted as they are too difficult.

6. You may not have two of the same pokemon or two in the same evolution line (e.g Nidorino+Nidoking)

7. If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one pokemon of your chosen type.

8. You may have pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves, NOT to be used in battle.

9. You may only change type once throughout your quest. No changing all the time.

10. Post only on this thread to either state which type you are doing, your current progress or to ask for suggestions on which pokemon to use.

11. Have fun!!!

((Credit to Dark Arceus))

Currently, I have started a Fire Run. Though I may hack some new ones in. :x

Anyone else like to take a shot at this?
Sounds fun, but I'm too far to be willing to start a new game. If I get Ruby, I might.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
Sounds fun, but I'm too far to be willing to start a new game. If I get Ruby, I might.
Thats fine, just start whenever you can. This is a great challenge to do.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
LAX Offline

This sounds really fun in theory(at least for me) i like all the different pokemon too much to just use one type..
Old 07-29-2009, 04:09 AM
tamer x Offline
New Trainer

I'm starting a fighting-type one.

Planned Team:

Blaziken
Machoke
Heracross
Breloom
Hariyama
Medicham

Pretty good team, I feel. I mean, aside from fighting there's fire, bug, grass, and psychic, too.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn

I restarted my Sapphire a couple of days back and decided to start a Water Team.

So far, I have Ludicolo, Masquerain, Swampert, Wailord, and Gyarados. I'm trying to evolve my Tentacool to Tentacruel.a

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol