Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 PM
wade333 Offline
New Trainer

Default battle frontier help

have any of you guys obtained the gold symbols because the only one i have obtained is the battle palace but i want to get the rest of the gold symbols. For those who have gotten the gold symbols what three pokemon did you find the most successful to use because mainly i have had a lot of problems in the battle pyramid and tower. please help
Old 07-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: battle frontier help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade333 View Post
have any of you guys obtained the gold symbols because the only one i have obtained is the battle palace but i want to get the rest of the gold symbols. For those who have gotten the gold symbols what three pokemon did you find the most successful to use because mainly i have had a lot of problems in the battle pyramid and tower. please help
I have silver in Battle factory, and I'm raising some pokes to level 100, and when they get there, I'm trying for more symbols. I'm going for level 100:
Raichu
Golem
Blaziken

Basically, find out what pokemon are used by what Frontier people. the Factory guy used Tauros both times I fought him, so...

Hope I helped a bit. Just have varied types and varied move types on each pokemon.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: battle frontier help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
I have silver in Battle factory, and I'm raising some pokes to level 100, and when they get there, I'm trying for more symbols. I'm going for level 100:
Raichu
Golem
Blaziken

Basically, find out what pokemon are used by what Frontier people. the Factory guy used Tauros both times I fought him, so...
the battle factory forces you to use rental pokemon, as does the factory head. theres no way to know what pokemon he uses before the battle, making it one of the hardest battles to win in the frontier if you dont have good rentals.

a way to increase your odds of getting better rental pokemon are to trade every time you win a battle. theres a counter in the game which allows you to pick better pokemon every time you enter the 7-battle knockout the more times you swap pokemon with the cpus.

as for everything else, just get yourself a really good team to take out the first few rounds of battles (frontier brains will ONLY show up after your first victory in a facility) then prepare a more specific team to take down your target in round two-onward. You dont have to use the same guys throughout the whole frontier, remember that!

here:
the factory head shows up at the end of the 3rd round for silver (6 for gold).
the arena captain shows up at the end of the 4th round for silver (8 for gold).
the pyramid king shows up at the end of the 3rd round for silver (10 for gold!!).
the salon maiden shows up at the end of the 5th round (10 for gold!!).
the dome superstar shows up at the end of the 5th round (10 for gold!! [i think thats wrong...])
the palace maven shows up after the 3rd round (6 for gold).
the pike queen shows up at the end of the 2nd round. Wow thats easy. (but 10 for gold!!)

as you can see, each facility has a much more difficult task set for the gold symbols. Obviously the easiest one to get a silver symbol for is the pike. Two rounds where you arent FORCED to battle people? Its like the game is giving battle points away!

Here's a basic strategy set up by me to help you out.

Battle factory: Based on luck. Choose a well balanced team from the assortment given to you, and swap every round.

Battle arena: Bulky pokemon who can destroy opponents in less than 3 turns. Watch out for the brain, she carries a heracross and shedinja. bring a flying type to get rid of both.

Battle pyramid: blissey is your best friend here. with softboiled, she still retains her ability to heal your other pokemon outside of battle, and with her massive hp, shes not taking much of a toll either. even better with aromatherapy, which removes status ailments (par, poison, burn) that you dont want to be plagued with.

Battle Tower: A well balanced team is good here, and you might want blissey to deal with her elemental-punching alakazam. get a machamp with brick break or something to deal with her snorlax before it belly drum-sweeps your team.

Battle dome: my favourite place to fight, because you know all you need to know before the battle even starts! Bring lots of powerful, fast sweepers here to deal with the brain's swampert, salamence and charizard. i took out the latter two with my politoed!

Battle palace: Get pokemon with attacking natures and powerful moves to support them. remember that machamp i mentioned? bring him to take out slaking and lapras, then get an electric type to deal with his crobat.

Battle pike: Again, a luck based location. Strong pokemon resistant to certain ailments are useful, as sometimes you get frozen, burned, etc. Pike queen is easy to take down, although sandstorm shuckle and milotic are pains.

These are only for the silver symbol battles, which are still hard if you arent prepared. the gold ones ill let you figure out!

Wow. this is the longest thing ive ever written, i think.

Anyways, hope I helped you, go for the gold!

*PA-SHWING!*

edit: this is my 301st post?!

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.

Last edited by SuperErinMan; 08-16-2009 at 06:32 PM.