Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Legends lost original strength?
Yes 5 45.45%
No 3 27.27%
Other 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Smuds Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Smuds Send a message via AIM to Smuds Send a message via MSN to Smuds Send a message via Yahoo to Smuds
Default Legends lost original strength?

I'm talking about the earlier legendary pokemon such as Mewtwo.

Mewtwo Base stats...
Hp-106
Attack-110
Defense-90
Sp Attack-154
Sp Defense-90
Speed-130

Arceus (excuse my spelling)
Hp-120- Beats
Attack-120-Beats
Defense-120-Beats
Sp attack-120_Loses
Sp defense-120-Beats
Speed-120-loses

See Arceus only loses in TWO categorys.
Now lets see the max stats for both...

Mewtwo
Hp-416
Attack-287
Defense-251
Sp attack-366
Sp defense-251
Speed-323

Arceus
Hp-444
Attack-305
Defense-305
Sp attack-305
sp defense-305
speed-305- THis is the only category Arceus is beat in.

I'm not going to post more but let's just say Arceus is pretty much the strongest.
So why is this? Isn't Mewtwo from Mews DNA which contains all the DNA of the pokemon? Wouldn't that lead you to beleive that Mewtwo is one of the strongest pokemon because it's enhanced Mew who technically holds the DNA of Arceus?

Now, you decide... Evidence is here (mostly..)

Thank you Serebii.net for info :D. Sorry if you care if that's considered advertising...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: Legends lost original strength?

Legendaries aren't as good as they used to be. Getting Mewtwo used to be really exciting. Now that there's so many of them it's like, 'oh, Giratina. Cool.'

Mewtwo should be the strongest. Then again isn't Arceus meant to be some sort of God?

That's just stupid. D:

Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Smuds Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Smuds Send a message via AIM to Smuds Send a message via MSN to Smuds Send a message via Yahoo to Smuds

Well that's confusing... Since Mew has Arceus's DNA shouldn't Mew be god :P. Than that would make Mewtwo god because Mewtwo is an enhanced version of Mew :P.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

But if Arceus is God that means he created Mew in an Adam and Eve fashion, so he's the only Pokemon that Mew isn't the ancestor of. Mewtwo hasn't lost any power, it's just not as good as Arceus.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

well mewtwo can actually hit harder on arceus than arceus could if it was emo.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 08-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

"Other" since i lack interest in such a discussion
Old 08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

If I can beat 'God' with Wobbuffet then that means HHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGG or Wobbuffet has supernatural powers.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Smuds Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
But if Arceus is God that means he created Mew in an Adam and Eve fashion, so he's the only Pokemon that Mew isn't the ancestor of. Mewtwo hasn't lost any power, it's just not as good as Arceus.
Well, Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon. Arcues (sorry if I keep spelling wrong, don't have enough err... care of spelling to look it up ) is considered a Pokemon I guess... I mean, this whole thing is really confusing to me. *Not an invitation or asking anyone to explain it*. Whatever. I alwats kinda thought Mew was God pokemon untill Arceus came around.

If I can beat 'God' with Wobbuffet then that means HHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGG or Wobbuffet has supernatural powers-Wtf? Er, not trying to start a war but can you contribute something useful to the discussion if you post at all? Thanks, again, not trying to be rude or anything like that... Edit: Now I think I know what you're talking about :p.

"Other" since i lack interest in such a discussion- Please explain to me the usefullness of that post? I mean, I could care less if you don't have any interest. If you don't have any interest in this conversations why are you
A.) Posting here
B.) Voting here
C.) Annoying the hell out of me

well mewtwo can actually hit harder on arceus than arceus could if it was emo.- Gave me a good laugh that I needed. Seriously though :p.

Mewtwo hasn't lost any power, it's just not as good as Arceus. - Back to this. I know Mewtwo hasn't lost any power. But the company is creating the illusion that he is (in my mind). I mean, creating all these new labels like Pokemon god of time, and Pokemon god of space (referring to Diagla and Palkia, think I got the right names) and I always imagined Rayqauza was stronger than the older generation Pokemon for some reason. And again, Deoxyz being stronger, Shape shifting, what the hell :P. (Don't say "Well Ditto can do that!" because that's just a fail argument and you know it ). Anyways, thanks if you actually read this post .
Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuds View Post
Edit: Now I think I know what you're talking about :p.
So, you understand what I contributed?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Smuds Offline
Experienced Trainer

Uhmm, somewhat... That you can kick ass with a wobuffet :P? (sorry for "Foul" language) (Sorry if that's the wrong Foul (between Foul and Fowl :P)
Old 08-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuds View Post
"Other" since i lack interest in such a discussion- Please explain to me the usefullness of that post? I mean, I could care less if you don't have any interest. If you don't have any interest in this conversations why are you
A.) Posting here
B.) Voting here
C.) Annoying the hell out of me
1. Great use of the "quote" feature
2. ans to A.) Because i wanted to
ans to B.) Same as above
ans to C.) You dragged yourself into this so dont blame me for annoying the hell out of you
Besides why care if the legendaries stats differ? Theyre just pokemon

Jeez. people get soo touchy on the internet
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Smuds Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
1. Great use of the "quote" feature
2. ans to A.) Because i wanted to
ans to B.) Same as above
ans to C.) You dragged yourself into this so dont blame me for annoying the hell out of you
Besides why care if the legendaries stats differ? Theyre just pokemon

Jeez. people get soo touchy on the internet
Well, you're an ass...
Well, I didn't feel bothered to use the "quote" feature because I had already quoted another post and didn't feel like wasting my time finding your post and taking the effort to quote it.
That's not enough of an answer...
Some political guy: Why the hell did you shoot the freaking President of the United States Johnny?!
Johnny: Because I wanted to.

Doesn't work that way, sorry to invite you to the harsh world out there.
B.) same as above.
C.)That was the worst attempt to trying to make a comback. And I'm trying to make a conversation which is why I care.

Good try attacking my social life my saying I get "touchy" over the internet... I don't have much of a social life which I openly admit. That attack went down the drain.

Trying to not make this a complete flame war... I have a question to ask for the more knowledgable of the Pokemon community. Since Mew is the "Mother" of all Pokemon, and Mewtwo is a knock-off/enhanced version, does that make Mewtwo a higher "Rank" on the Pokemon chart. Like, Dragonite is higher than Goldeen I assume.

And for the guy saying that Wobuffet could beat Arceus is confusing... Looking at the stats, Arceus shouldn't be beaten that easy... And I doubt that defeating Mewtwo with Wobuffet or the equivalent of Wobuffet would be normal... Unless you used like, Destiny Bond if he can learn that move. It's all very perplexing if you ask me...

Last edited by Smuds; 08-12-2009 at 01:07 AM.