Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Banner of the Week Contest Discussion.

All right for those who weren't around for this last time, I'll recap.

The Banner of the week contest is a competition in which any member can enter. I give the banner dimensions and the theme, then you make a banner with those requirements. You get 1 week to enter. I might extend that. After the week is up, voting will begin and members can vote for their favorite banner.

I don't want to do this exactly as it was last time. This time I want more to it. I was thinking maybe a guideline for voting. That way members won't just randomely vote for the one that looks best or anything like that. They'd have to follow a guideline for voting.

For me, it's hard to choose a theme. I'd rather someone else do it for me, or the members choose one or soemthing like that. I'm not sure how that'll work. I want to discuss some more on how we should choose the theme.

The top 3 winners of the contest will get their banner displayed in some kind of museum. A thread where I'll post the banners in other words. If there is a tie between 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, then all tied people will get into the museum.

Any ideas you have for the contest will be heard out and considered. I'm greatful for any thoughts that may help the contest out.

The theme for the first contest will be for the contest itself. The winner's banner will be placed at the top of the Museum and the thread for each week.

I was also thinking that if a certain thread on the forum needed a banner, then they could come here and request that there be a contest held for their thread. There would be a waiting list for this and the owner of the thread would have more say in the voting than the members or whatever.

I'd like to get the first contest up and running by Friday.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Cris Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Location: fighting ghosts with my favorite super hero,Danny Phantom
Default Re: Banner of the Week Contest Discussion.

I think the theme should be Ice.

*Rotator by DU*
Cris' Important Stuff:

VPP Stats
URPG Stats
.:lVirtual Gyml:.Apprentice

Credit to Mitsuko Souma for the 'is mine' idea.

Danny Phantom rocks!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:30 PM
jackp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Yeah, me too.

[/center]
Old 11-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

What kind of fabulous prizes will there be?

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

No Prizes. Just recognition in the Museum. It may be possible to get Jack to allow winners to get URPG money or something like that. But there's not really any prizes I can give out. =/ But it's not just about the prize, it's about participating.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Themes should not be easy.

Damn ice banner would include Regice and there's your ice theme.

Last edited by Pidgeot79; 11-22-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

I agree. The theme shouldn't be easy. In fact it should be very specific and should make the members think. Perhaps someone can give some examples of some themes in mind? But don't make them simple like 'Ice'. =P

btw, can someone sticky this for now?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
I agree. The theme shouldn't be easy. In fact it should be very specific and should make the members think. Perhaps someone can give some examples of some themes in mind? But don't make them simple like 'Ice'. =P

btw, can someone sticky this for now?
What about a contest in which a person has to make a banner displaying a rivalry between two Pokemon( perhaps a rivalry displayed in the TV show).

We could make it so obvious ones such as Seviper and Zangoose couldn't be done.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
What about a contest in which a person has to make a banner displaying a rivalry between two Pokemon( perhaps a rivalry displayed in the TV show).

We could make it so obvious ones such as Seviper and Zangoose couldn't be done.
Rivalry. That's a good one. This contest doesn't have to be pokemon related though so it could be a rivalry between any two people or things.

Perhaps people should just PM me the theme and if I find it good enough to go into the contest then I'll use it. Or I can change it up a bit if I think it could be better. I just don't want to be stuck picking the theme by myself every week. So yeah, that's probably the most likely way I'll be picking the theme. And of course, if I do manage to find a theme by myself I'll use it. =P But if someone gives me a good theme idea, I'll just put it on my 'Themes to use list'.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

Quote:
Rivalry. That's a good one. This contest doesn't have to be pokemon related though so it could be a rivalry between any two people or things.

Perhaps people should just PM me the theme and if I find it good enough to go into the contest then I'll use it. Or I can change it up a bit if I think it could be better. I just don't want to be stuck picking the theme by myself every week. So yeah, that's probably the most likely way I'll be picking the theme. And of course, if I do manage to find a theme by myself I'll use it. =P But if someone gives me a good theme idea, I'll just put it on my 'Themes to use list'.
I like that idea, because sometimes having the same person always choose the theme (no offence, this is just general) you tend to get the same sorts of things.

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

What if in some contests we randomly(okay maybe not really randomly) picked a request in the banner request thread and used that for the contest? The person who requested it would probably have to be a judge but its an intretsing thought.

Old 11-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
What if in some contests we randomly(okay maybe not really randomly) picked a request in the banner request thread and used that for the contest? The person who requested it would probably have to be a judge but its an intretsing thought.
I can see the future...

Quote:
Banner Contest Week One

Theme: "I want something with pikachu that looks great make it in photoshop cause thats best but if u do it in paint i wont notice"

Potential Contestants: "...right...whatever."

Entries: "N/A"
The problem with this idea is there's so little requests that aren't just 'Pikachu banner' or 'this anime banner' - I don't think we'd get much of a theme out of it.

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 11-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Yeah I'd have to go with CD here. I think a better idea would be, if a member likes one of the banners made in the contest, he/she asks the maker if they can use it as their sig. That's what CD used to do with my entries. lol.

But anyway, the reason I was thinking that the contest theme be a request once in awhile is because HKim asked me to do it for the second contest. He needed a banner for the Ministry of Innovation thread and a contest with that theme might be nice. i still want to do this, but what do you guys think of having requests?

I was also thinking, the requester wouldn't have the most say in the winner. Members would just vote like they would in a normal themed contest. But the requester could just pick the one they like best without affecting the voting. That way, they get what they want, and the best banner still wins.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Yeah I'd have to go with CD here. I think a better idea would be, if a member likes one of the banners made in the contest, he/she asks the maker if they can use it as their sig. That's what CD used to do with my entries. lol.

But anyway, the reason I was thinking that the contest theme be a request once in awhile is because HKim asked me to do it for the second contest. He needed a banner for the Ministry of Innovation thread and a contest with that theme might be nice. i still want to do this, but what do you guys think of having requests?

I was also thinking, the requester wouldn't have the most say in the winner. Members would just vote like they would in a normal themed contest. But the requester could just pick the one they like best without affecting the voting. That way, they get what they want, and the best banner still wins.

A good point. That makes sense. in the end everyones happy.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Grimdour the Rampager Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Grimdour the Rampager Send a message via Yahoo to Grimdour the Rampager

Here's a theme: Famous People.

Ex.
A banner of Eminem or something.....

If you don't laugh at this, you are dead inside. Or deaf.
Friends: Can't remember. PM me!
PM me if you consider me a friend. Or if you want a Trainer Card.
Currently: -Back! MWAHAHA!
-Hacked. Nuu!
-Addicted to Golden Sun.