Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon Main Boards Ľ Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Why hasn't Pokemon ditched 4kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink View Post
OP doesnt realize that 4kids and Pokemon USA doesn't make the show, they just give it voices. The only content changes they can make are censors.

The company that makes the anime is completely seperate from the people who dub it.
This is what I was gonna get at.

4Kids may have messed a lot of stuff up and made the dialogue a little more childish, but you can't blame them for what the actual show is like.

I don't think PUSA have made that much of a difference anyway, aside from the dodgy voice acting changes. =x
Old 07-19-2009, 04:59 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
Why even bother posting if it is merely to slate the show? Okay, I understand that youíre entitled to your own opinion, but if youíre doing nothing but complaining, with erroneous facts and absurd statements to back you up, then youíre basically contributing nothing. In fact, half of what you have said makes me question whether you have actually seen any of the recent episodes.

If you honestly want my opinion regarding the quality of the show currently, then refer to this below, which I posted in another thread earlier today. It saves me reiterating everything all over again:

And please, do elaborate on this ďless life likeĒ nonsense. Again, the newer seasons have actually implemented a whole lot more effort into character development. Most Pokemon actually have distinct personalities with unique quirks and back-stories, and on occasion receive individual episodes dedicated to them alone. Intriguing rivals like Paul and Hunter-J have been introduced, as opposed to people like Ritchie, who contributed nothing to the show in terms of character.

What exactly will dumping Ash achieve? Not only would that lead to the demise of the show, but who would they introduce instead? Since you want it to relate to the show so closely, it would have to be another 10 year old with the same aspirations in the same region. Hmm..

And the anime does follow the games, they just donít emulate every aspect involved. If the anime was a precise duplicate of the games, it would be an exceptionally tedious series. Not to mention the viewers would know what to expect from each individual episode (hence why the writers add these certain twists.) Anyway, as far as Iím concerned, the anime actually is a perfect depiction of the games, and I honestly donít understand what youíre getting at. What exactly is it that makes it a weak representation of the games? It follows the generic concept of collecting eight gym badges, includes the contests, (albeit with an enhanced format) features the same towns and cities, and the same route that must be taken.

The magna idea is ludicrous. Why would we want the exact same story rehashed to us, only in animated form? Besides, the magna is also based off the games. :l
I totally agree with this.

Maybe if they make a separate anime for the older fans, because there's a lot of pokemon fans that are over the age of 15?

Ü I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.Ü
Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

I would post something better then what I am about about to post but Calypso did a better job of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post

Maybe if they make a separate anime for the older fans, because there's a lot of pokemon fans that are over the age of 15?
Don't hold your breath on it. That would be too much work for the animators and too expensive. It is hard enough to make new episodes on a weekly bases. Now think about asking those same people to make another anime that comes out on a weekly bases. When you think about it, the Pokemon anime comes out almost every week with maybe a week break every so often. Asking that same group to come up with a new series is a bit much.

To me the anime is doing better then it has been in past years. Could always be better but it is better not to push it.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:20 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:

The magna idea is ludicrous. Why would we want the exact same story rehashed to us, only in animated form? Besides, the magna is also based off the games. :l
I assume you meant "manga" here, you got me confused for a while @.@

Most Anime are, in fact, based off manga. But what people don't seem to realize is that Pokemon Special ISN'T the official manga. There are quite a few (like Pokemon Chamo-Chamo Pretty, Pokemon Gotta Catch 'Em All, Electric Tale Of Pikachu...). Now, since you (all) are referring to Pokemon Special- as it's loosely based on the games- I don't think I'd want that. Not in place of the current anime. Their storylines are too different, and having to start it from the beginning well, I don't like.

Plus, I've grown attached to my idiot Ash and his Pokemon, despite the Fridge Logic moments they inspire.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 PM
NES2 Offline

Quote:

And please, do elaborate on this “less life like” nonsense. Again, the newer seasons have :l
I mean, all the characters arent moving in the audience, and only the mouths of the trainers move. The voices have no personality. Like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpkiK...eature=related

Pokemon should be more like this (not mine).
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/494940

Then I would like watching the show, cause it is pretty dry.

Last edited by NES2; 07-19-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
I mean, all the characters arent moving in the audience, and only the mouths of the trainers move. The voices have no personality. Like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpkiK...eature=related

Pokemon should be more like this (not mine).
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/494940

Then I would like watching the show, cause it is pretty dry.
Honestly, if you want to watch that, then watch Naruto and picture the characters as Pokemon or animals.

I don't know what you mean by less life-like, because they're supposed to be frame-by-frame shots. You don't honestly wanna watch hundreds of people in crowds move around all the time while there is a battle or contest going on.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post

Oh I like that idea. I want an anime more like XD. I play the game. I want to see a new story.

idk. I will give the new seaon a chance. like you said I haven't really watched it.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

I'm tired of Ash. I really am. I stopped watching the show because it was always Ash this, Ash that. I'm. So. Tired. Of. Ash.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
I'm tired of Ash. I really am. I stopped watching the show because it was always Ash this, Ash that. I'm. So. Tired. Of. Ash.
Well, thatís kind of expected, considering he is the main character. :l Anyway, thatís not entirely true, both Dawn and May have received as much focus in the recent sagas with the introduction of contests.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
Adding onto what Calypso said...

Not to mention that many fans grew to like him more and more. If they removed him, just wonder how many fans of Pokemon would put the games down, turn off their Telly's, and drop their cards.

Ash is a well developed character and has a major fan-base.

Many other characters have also received a large amount of fans because of the new anime. The characters actually have personalities now. The anime is improving, imo. With very few downing flaws, they are getting better.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Phionex Offline

Just like what everyone said, 4kids was ditched.D:
I liked 4kids dubbing, Ash's old voice was hilarious and brings me back memories.

I also really liked their old pokemon theme.T_T Does anyone know why they were ditched?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

I agree; the 4KIDS voice actors, in particular, were always a favourite of mine. Rachael Lillis specifically voiced an array of great characters, and Iím especially missing Veronica Taylorís depiction of Ash. Like I said in an earlier posts, the newer additions generally donít bother me, but I think the criticism 4KIDS received at the time was fairly unjust and unprovoked now that I reflect back.