Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 PM
chazzymoto Offline

Default Rain Dance Team Help

Hey im makin a rain dance ubeer team and i needed some help all i have so far is lead kyogre, and tail glow manaphy, but i need some help

thanx

Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 2407 1339 3177
Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: Rain Dance Team Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzymoto View Post
Hey im makin a rain dance ubeer team and i needed some help all i have so far is lead kyogre, and tail glow manaphy, but i need some help

thanx
Some good Pokemon for a Rain Dance Uber team are Palkia, Kingdra, Ludicolo, or even Floatzel, who outruns Scarf Darkrai in the rain. Be careful to not have a team of all Water Pokemon, though, as Thunder is everywhere in Ubers.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
Some good Pokemon for a Rain Dance Uber team are Palkia, Kingdra, Ludicolo, or even Floatzel, who outruns Scarf Darkrai in the rain. Be careful to not have a team of all Water Pokemon, though, as Thunder is everywhere in Ubers.
A Swift Swim Floatzel outruns a scarf Darkrai? *Makes an evil-sableye-like grin* Well yeah, you would want a Swift Swimmer Kabutops is good with Break Break for one of the biggest threats in uber, Dark Void. My brother has lost so many battles on PBR against Dark Void Darkrais, that now when they use Dark Void he just gives in. Also, this Pokémon doesn't have any affect in rain, but Shedinja is pretty useful in ubers since if you save it for last there may not be any way for your opponent to win. Try to find a swift Swimmer, two great ones are Omastar and Kabutops. But Absol is right, Palkia and Kingdra are great choices. Good luck!
Heh heh heh...

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
Old 06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
A Swift Swim Floatzel outruns a scarf Darkrai? *Makes an evil-sableye-like grin* Well yeah, you would want a Swift Swimmer Kabutops is good with Break Break for one of the biggest threats in uber, Dark Void. My brother has lost so many battles on PBR against Dark Void Darkrais, that now when they use Dark Void he just gives in. Also, this Pokémon doesn't have any affect in rain, but Shedinja is pretty useful in ubers since if you save it for last there may not be any way for your opponent to win. Try to find a swift Swimmer, two great ones are Omastar and Kabutops. But Absol is right, Palkia and Kingdra are great choices. Good luck!
Heh heh heh...
Omastar isn't that great in Ubers due to the huge amout of Scarfed Pokes that outspeed him even in the rain, but Kabutops is a good choice. Unfortunately, Kabutops can't outrun max speed Scarf Darkrai in the rain even with max Speed, but he packs more power than Floatzel. He wishes he had Ice Fang, but he has X-Scissor to somewhat make up for that. He also can Swords Dance to boost his Attack and absolutely destroy things. Lastly, he has good Defense and an Extremespeed resist, which lets him take out SD Luke in the rain.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

While all of A_P's suggestions are valid in terms of attempting a rain dance uber team, the concept itself is quite redundant. Alongside kyogre, the popularity of groudon, rayquaza and even tyranitar (Strongest STAB pursuit in the game make him very popular in ubers, where a large portion of the tier is psychic) mean that you are likely to be losing your weather a lot. Plus its benefits are not as potent in ubers as they are in normal play- high quantities of scarfers and deoxys hamper swift swim, the large number of dragons resisting water counteract the 50% attack boost, and so on. You're welcome to try the idea, but it's a pretty pointless exercise in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer

I have used in passed a Rain Dance team in the uber metagame and it absolutely was not a good idea, they are very fragile team and a lot of weak to ScarfPalikia, the Rain Dance team better using them for the UU metagame.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Pokemon Genius 123 Offline

Smile Re: Rain Dance Team Help

kingdra with ice beam hydro pump dragon pulse and dragon dance for raising the speed
NOTE:the kingdra must have swift swim
Old 08-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Genius 123 View Post
kingdra with ice beam hydro pump dragon pulse and dragon dance for raising the speed
NOTE:the kingdra must have swift swim
None of those moves you listed benefit from Dragon Dance, so why use them? Attacks like Outrage and Waterfall would be better. Possibly Hydro Pump to keep physical walls from walling you.