Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Sheepat's Avatar
Sheepat Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sheep Land
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Pikachu is done.

Gliscor needs to mature.

Grotle will stay a grotle

monferno will stay a monferno.

Buizel should get speared by Lapras.

Staraptor should be dumped for Snover, it fits ash.


Piplup will never evolve.

Buneary should like Monferno more.

Pachirisu will stay.

Mamoswine will stay.

Leafeon is a must.

For some odd reason, I thing Dawn should get Froslass.


Croagunk will stay.

Sudowoodo will say.

Blissey, the newly evolved Happiny!

Magmy, Brock needs a Magmy.
__________________
Once known as riolu42
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
Staraptor should be dumped for Snover, it fits ash.
Never gonna happen.

Ash has always had a Flying type. Always a bird.

But, I'd switch Buizel with Snover any day.
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

you should put "spoilers" in the thread title because some people, including me dont watch subbed episodes
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 AM
Gokudera-Kun's Avatar
Gokudera-Kun Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duelingnetwork.com
Posts: 4,391
Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Keep in mind that this may well contain spoilers for those who prefer to watch the dub, rather than the Japanese variant, for obvious reasons.
There is a spoiler warning.
__________________

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:07 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
There is a spoiler warning.
some people might not read the first paragraph and see it. im just recommending to put it in the topic title, thats all
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 AM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
some people might not read the first paragraph and see it. im just recommending to put it in the topic title, thats all
They should.

It's like a book.

You can't skip the first half of it and expect to know what it's about.
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
They should.

It's like a book.

You can't skip the first half of it and expect to know what it's about.
true. i think ill just drop the arguement
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Calypso's Avatar
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,537
Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

@DietKoffing: Nothing seems too outrageous, so I agree with most of your suggestions, except the return of Pidgeot and Happiny remaining as a Chansey. I like the idea of Gallade, however. I’m not particularly fond of the Pokemon itself, but it would be interesting to see what sort of personality it would possess. Also, it would introduce some required diversity to Dawn’s team in terms of typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
Pikachu is done.

Gliscor needs to mature.

Grotle will stay a grotle

monferno will stay a monferno.

Buizel should get speared by Lapras.

Staraptor should be dumped for Snover, it fits ash.


Piplup will never evolve.

Buneary should like Monferno more.

Pachirisu will stay.

Mamoswine will stay.

Leafeon is a must.


Croagunk will stay.

Sudowoodo will say.

Blissey, the newly evolved Happiny!

Magmy, Brock needs a Magmy.
Gliscor - I disagree here. I find Gliscor’s juvenile quirks entertaining; due to the fact it’s such an intimidating Pokemon in general. No need to change imo.

Lapras - Why all the sudden desire for Lapras? :s As I stated before, Lapras returning is a little ludicrous. Not only is it currently redundant in terms of transport; it also doesn’t promote anything. Buizel is a 4th Generation Pokemon, thus relating to Sinnoh, and at least some Johto Pokemon can claim they have the upcoming G/S remakes.

Snover - Ash had his chance to catch a Snover in the recent episode featuring it. If it was going to happen, it would have happened then. Besides, it’s a pretty random suggestion, since Flying-types have always been considered vital by Ash.

Froslass - I really wanted this also at the start of the saga, but like the above, Froslass already had its debut not long ago. I’m not saying it’s an impossibility due to this reason alone, but it does seem unlikely.

Magby - The fact that Paul possesses its evolution kind of hampers the chances of this occurring. I do believe Brock should be associated with more baby Pokemon though, but I’d prefer if they gave him something that hasn’t yet been featured, like Mantyke.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Nice thread, Calypso.

Agree with mostly everything on here. But as Ash being a competitive character, I'm taking a guess that Ash will evolve Buizel.

Thanks. :]

And, man I hope so. I stick with my early conception that it barely differs when it evolves, but something about Floatzel just generally appeals to me more. However, evolving every Pokemon on Ash’s team, with the obvious exception of Pikachu, seems a little excessive. He normally has at least one other which remains in its basic form throughout the entire saga.


Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
comments in stylized form


The only pokemons missing from the series are Froslass and heatran

[STUPID QUESTIONS=offtopic] in the platinum game where the battle frontier is, you get to rechallenge gym leaders in the survival area, visit stark mountain and see heatran, and battle barry and buck. does anyone suppose that will happen in future with ash, brock and dawn or will they just skip to johto[/STUPID QUESTIONS]
It’s a possibility, I suppose. They could always relocate the events and implement them into the Johto filler saga (assuming there is one), if they don’t have the time to showcase the entire Fight/Survival/Resort Area separately. It doesn’t seem too absurd, since the Battle Frontier currently resides in the Fight Arena in the games, and many speculate that this will be shifted to Johto due to the remakes. Also, they’ve already showcased the other tag-partners in the game thus far, so I don’t know why they wouldn’t add Buck.

Oh, and disregard what I said earlier, arcemegus. It was the 12th movie that was airing today in Japan; the Galactic episode is the following week. Sorry about that. ^^;;


And regarding the spoiler warning, read the above posts made by Operative and Nyurgh, and also me on the first page. Those pretty much convey my thoughts on the issue. :s
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Gokudera-Kun's Avatar
Gokudera-Kun Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duelingnetwork.com
Posts: 4,391
Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso
I do believe Brock should be associated with more baby Pokemon though, but I’d prefer if they gave him something that hasn’t yet been featured, like Mantyke.
Mantyke would be awesome. It's one of my favorite baby Pokemon. I just don't think it'd fit with Brock though. Happiny kinda belongs with him because Chansey and Blissey are bulky Pokemon, so they fall close to his original battle preference.
__________________

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Calypso's Avatar
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,537
Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Mantyke would be awesome. It's one of my favorite baby Pokemon. I just don't think it'd fit with Brock though. Happiny kinda belongs with him because Chansey and Blissey are bulky Pokemon, so they fall close to his original battle preference.
Mantyke does have an impressive 120 base Special Defence. :P But yeah, I understand your point; Happiny just seems more breeder related. There’s also the fact that Mantyke can’t function efficiently on land, which is partially the reason Misty’s Goldeen and Horsea received so little use. Both were, incidentally, my favourite Pokemon of hers, so it was always a shame. >:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Gokudera-Kun's Avatar
Gokudera-Kun Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duelingnetwork.com
Posts: 4,391
Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

I wonder if Brock realizes that evolving Happiny could be his ticket to Nurse Joy's side. I think that's one of the reasons the writers gave her to him in the first place. Maybe by the end of Sinnoh Brock will finally get a life?
__________________

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
I wonder if Brock realizes that evolving Happiny could be his ticket to Nurse Joy's side. I think that's one of the reasons the writers gave her to him in the first place. Maybe by the end of Sinnoh Brock will finally get a life?
i never thought of that

the writers most likely gave him happiny because happinys a cute little baby pokemon
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

Thanks. :]

And, man I hope so. I stick with my early conception that it barely differs when it evolves, but something about Floatzel just generally appeals to me more. However, evolving every Pokemon on Ash’s team, with the obvious exception of Pikachu, seems a little excessive. He normally has at least one other which remains in its basic form throughout the entire saga.
That's why Monferno and Grotle are still there. ;D
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Calypso's Avatar
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,537
Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
That's why Monferno and Grotle are still there. ;D
But neither Monferno nor Grotle are in their basic forms. :P I wasn't just referring to Pokemon in their final stages, I meant evolved in general.

Anyway, I’ve been trying to create a list for the filler saga, but the possibilities are pretty vast. The only suggestions that seem rational for Ash would be Totodile returning to promote HGSS, whereas Buizel and Gliscor would be Oaked to make room for possible captures. Totodile seems the obvious candidate imo, since it is in dire need of redemption: it participated in only one Gym Battle, (Whitney’s if I recall correctly, where it was completely annihilated by her Miltank) learned no new moves, received literally no development whatsoever, and was just unfairly neglected in general. After this, the options become a little harder to predict. A Pokemon that relates to the 5th Generation seems the most probable estimate for his final spot, similar to Aipom in the Advanced saga. Monferno would also possibly evolve mid-series if it hadn’t already in Sinnoh.

I’ll attempt Dawn a little later. :x
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Gokudera-Kun's Avatar
Gokudera-Kun Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duelingnetwork.com
Posts: 4,391
Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

I gotta agree on Totodile. He and Cyndaquil got over-shadowed completely by Chikorita, but Cyndaquil still received more attention. Hopefully Ash keeps Monferno/Grotle.

I'm thinking(wanting) his team will be...
Pikachu
Monferno/Grotle
Totodile
Heracross
Noctowl(Mandatory Recon Pokemon)
???? - Chances are, this last slot will evolve into a 5th Generation Pokemon.

Dawn will likely get a Cyndaquil, but I'm not sure what else.

This seems like the perfect time for Brock to start evolving Happiny, since Blissey is a Johto mon. I don't think he'll drop Sudowoodo, so he'll have 2 Johto Pokemon when they return to Johto.

I wonder if they'll run into Max or May. I'd really like it be Max, hopefully he inexplicably aged so he can actually participate in Pokemon battles and such.
__________________

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com