Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default {Pokémon Capture Thread}

*May contain possible spoilers for dub only viewers*

This thread is basically to discuss the possible Pokemon the main characters may receive, and generally to speculate the upcoming cast changes in regards to their teams. This can also include departures and evolutions.

I'll start off by predicting the teams for the end of the Sinnoh League. These are what I believe are the most probable situations, are not necessarily what I want.

Ash
Pikachu - Done.
Staraptor - Done.
Monferno/Infernape – Depends whether the writers have time to develop Monferno and still evolve him before the league. Seems unlikely, but if he doesn’t, I could see it happening in the filler saga instead.
Grotle – I can’t see both of his starters reaching their final forms, and Infernape seems more plausible. Besides, Torterra is Paul’s main Pokemon.
Buizel - I'd actually prefer Floatzel, but I doubt it'll evolve. It just doesn't gain any significant advantages when it does: it looks the same; and Buizel is already fast and powerful.
Gliscor - Done.

Dawn
Piplup - Everstone. :l
Lopunny - Seems pretty happy, but I doubt the writers take that into account. Also, its relationship with Pikachu is dull; I'd like to see it mature a little. Besides, now it's Dawn's only normal type.
Pachirisu - Done.
Mamoswine - Done.
Leafeon – I would prefer for her to get something a little less predictable, but this seems the most plausible. She has yet get to get a grass type, and it could parallel May's Glaceon, I suppose. I would rather she caught it as a Leafeon though, as opposed to another Eevee in the cast.

Brock
Croagunk/Toxicroak - Could go either way. But its rivalry with Saturn's Toxicroak could indicate it's staying as Croagunk.
Blissey - I could see it evolving and adopting a somewhat nanny-like behaviour towards the younger Pokemon. I’m hoping it would evolve all the way to its final form, since Chansey would sort of be an insult to Brock's breeding skills, considering it evolves via happiness.
Sudowoodo - Done.

Anyone else care to post their predictions? :3

Last edited by Calypso; 07-30-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
This thread is basically to discuss the possible Pokemon the main characters may receive, and generally to speculate the upcoming cast changes in regards to their teams. This can also include departures and evolutions.

Keep in mind that this may well contain spoilers for those who prefer to watch the dub, rather than the Japanese variant, for obvious reasons.

I'll start off by predicting the teams for the end of the Sinnoh League. These are what I believe are the most probable situations, are not necessarily what I want.

Ash
Pikachu - Done.
Staraptor - Done.
Monferno/Infernape – Depends whether the writers have time to develop Monferno and still evolve him before the league. Seems unlikely, but if he doesn’t, I could see it happening in the filler saga instead.
Grotle – I can’t see both of his starters reaching their final forms, and Infernape seems more plausible. Besides, Torterra is Paul’s main Pokemon.
Buizel - I'd actually prefer Floatzel, but I doubt it'll evolve. It just doesn't gain any significant advantages when it does: it looks the same; and Buizel is already fast and powerful.
Gliscor - Done.

Dawn
Lopunny - Seems pretty happy, ut I doubt the writers take that into account. Also, its relationship with Pikachu is dull; I'd like to see it mature a little. Besides, now it's Dawn's only normal type.
Pachirisu - Done.
Mamoswine - Done.
Leafeon – I would prefer for her to get something a little less predictable, but this seems the most plausible. She has yet get to get a grass type, and it could parallel May's Glaceon, I suppose. I would rather she caught it as a Leafeon though, as opposed to another Eevee in the cast.

Brock
Croagunk/Toxicroak - Could go either way. But its rivalry with Saturn's Toxicroak could indicate it's staying as Croagunk.
Blissey - I could see it evolving and adopting a somewhat nanny-like behaviour towards the younger Pokemon. I’m hoping it would evolve all the way to its final form, since Chansey would sort of be an insult to Brock's breeding skills, considering it evolves via happiness.
Sudowoodo - Done.

Anyone else care to post their predictions?
bulbapedia believes that chimchar should evolve into monferno and learn mach punch before ash reaches the final gym
Old 07-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
bulbapedia believes that chimchar should evolve into monferno and learn mach punch before ash reaches the final gym
It already is Monferno. :P The question is: Will evolve again or not?

I agree with Blissey and Leafeon(I'd really like to see Jolteon, but she already has Pachirisu :/), as for Lopunny, I don't have any real reason, but I don't see it happening.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 07-13-2009, 08:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
when did it evolve?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Quote:
when did it evolve?
After the 7th Gym, so yeah, Bulbapedia called it there.

So yeah, this thread needs a spoiler warning.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

I believe Buneary won't evolve. That's just me, obviously, but Buneary is just too cute :P

I don't think Monferno should evolve. I don't really like Infernape in general, but I think Monferno is good enough as it is (and besides, similiarly to Buizel, it wouldn't gain much upon evolution)

Grotle... meh, I don't really know about Grotle. Despite I choose Turtwig myself in the games, I don't know what to say about this. It really is a Bulbasaur rip-off in my opinion, the only difference being the vines and the fact Grotle evolved. Since I doubt Ash will switch teams before the league, I hope he'll take it out in the filler saga.

Gliscor is too fun <3

I've yet to see how Staraptor acts, so I can't say anything about it- but, it being Ash's mean of aerial research, despite whatever you may think of Gliscor, I highly doubt he'll leave it at Oak's lab.

I think Ash should get an Ice type. I don't know, he only owned one so far, I think it'd be only fair of him to get another. Too bad the Ice types are few and far between- and considering Paul has Weavile, Dawn has Mamoswine and Candice owns Snover and Abomarsnow, I don't know what he could get anyway. I really can't see him owning a Froslass, and he already has Glalie anyway.

As for Dawn's team, I guess that the Leafeon would be the most obvious choice, depending on when one will have its anime appearance. It would be interesting if she got a Bug Pokemon to take care but then again, I dunno.

And in the filler saga, I hope Dawn catches a Cyndaquil <3 I think it'd fit her.

Can't say much about Brock either, I think you covered it well enough. If Hippopotas came back and went with Brock it would be a nice add, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Besides, Brock will probably only take care of baby Pokemon

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 AM

[STUPID QUESTIONS]
1. why focus on only what evolves, how about what moves pokes could learn?
2. why only focus on ash, dawn and brock? why not open the subject up a bit more?
[/STUPID QUESTIONS]

I agree along with DarkGardevoir (except regarding infernape), but i do think that ash should train grotle to torterra as it would help when trying to face Volkner.

Possibly ash could get out good old lapras again but i know there are no promises for that

I want to see an actual tv debut of dialga, palkia and giratina at spear pillar. but that could already be planned or the idea thrown away
Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Regarding Question 1: We just wanna focus on what Pokemon they have.

Question 2: Are there any other trainers you have ideas about? I think Paul's the only other recurring character to have a possibility of improving the team.

As for Torterra, I think Grotle and Gliscor will be more than enough to take down Volkner. Though I am a fan of Torterra myself, I don't really see it happening.

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 07-13-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Question 2: Are there any other trainers you have ideas about? I think Paul's the only other recurring character to have a possibility of improving the team.
not really trainers, just vaguely considering whether or not byron will evolve his bronzor into a bronzong
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Master Zorua Offline

This is how I thin it'll look for the next season (Back to Johto)

Ash
Pikachu - Done.
Pidgeot - Ash will finally keep his word and come back for Pidgeot during his transition from Sinnoh, back to Kanto and then heading to Johto.
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar During his new Journey through Johto, Ash will more than likely run into Larvitar agian and this time will be able to take larvitar with him.
Infernape – I can see Ash keeping his Monferno and evolving it (if it hasn't already evolved to Infernape in Sinnoh)
Buizel - Buizel will stay Buizel and remain in Ash's line-up.
Gliscor - Gliscor will also be a mainstay, especially considering it's pre-evo form is Gligar, a Johto pokemon.

Dawn
Lopunny - Dawn will keep her Buneary and it will evolve into a Lopunny. The crush will remain.
Pachirisu - Done.
Mamoswine - Done.
Leafeon – Dawn will probably get an Eevee and it will evolve in Sinnoh to become a Leafeon.

Brock
Croagunk - Brock will always need a chaperon, and since Misty isn't comming back and unless Max joins up, Croagunk is here to stay.
Blissey - There is no way Happiny will not evolve this far. Brock is too good a breeder that Happiny would not shoot right through her evolutions before Johto.
Sudowoodo - Done.
Stantler - Remember that Stantler Brock helped out? I think during the new Johto journies, Brock will come across it agian, all grown up, and it'll join his team.
Teddiursa - Just a hope for, but it would make a fine fit for Brock (Not to mention aid in his womanizing ways =P What woman wouldn't be attracted to an adorable Teddiursa?)
Old 07-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

I lol'd at the Teddiursa thing. Vulpix, Mudkip, Bonsly, and Happiny don't seem to help. Dawn's gonna scrapped, YAY SOUL!(can't wait to hear the BAWfests for this one) And yeah, Ash needs Pidgeot back, and Larvitar IS a Johto mon after all. :D

Old 07-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:

I agree with Blissey and Leafeon(I'd really like to see Jolteon, but she already has Pachirisu :/), as for Lopunny, I don't have any real reason, but I don't see it happening.
Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. If Buneary doesn’t evolve, I could see it becoming another Skitty and being dumped before the filler saga.
Quote:
After the 7th Gym, so yeah, Bulbapedia called it there.

So yeah, this thread needs a spoiler warning.
There is a spoiler warning. :L Besides, the description for the anime section clearly states:
“NOTE: It’s possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie before.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
I believe Buneary won't evolve. That's just me, obviously, but Buneary is just too cute :P

I don't think Monferno should evolve. I don't really like Infernape in general, but I think Monferno is good enough as it is (and besides, similiarly to Buizel, it wouldn't gain much upon evolution) I don’t particularly like Infernape either, but I do believe it will inevitably evolve to prove to Paul that it is capable of being powerful.

Grotle... meh, I don't really know about Grotle. Despite I choose Turtwig myself in the games, I don't know what to say about this. It really is a Bulbasaur rip-off in my opinion, the only difference being the vines and the fact Grotle evolved. Since I doubt Ash will switch teams before the league, I hope he'll take it out in the filler saga. I don’t really see the similarities between Bulbasaur and Grotle, other than their capture episodes, and the fact that they're both Grass types. Grotle has a much friendlier demeanour, and its battle style has become much more distinctive upon evolution.

Gliscor is too fun <3 Can’t disagree with this. :]

I've yet to see how Staraptor acts, so I can't say anything about it- but, it being Ash's mean of aerial research, despite whatever you may think of Gliscor, I highly doubt he'll leave it at Oak's lab.
I think it’s pretty much a given that Staraptor will stay, and Gliscor will be dumped at Oak’s following the Sinnoh League.

I think Ash should get an Ice type. I don't know, he only owned one so far, I think it'd be only fair of him to get another. Too bad the Ice types are few and far between- and considering Paul has Weavile, Dawn has Mamoswine and Candice owns Snover and Abomarsnow, I don't know what he could get anyway. I really can't see him owning a Froslass, and he already has Glalie anyway. He’s never owned quite a few types, so I don’t quite understand the logic behind that point. Also, I don’t really see the importance in him having an Ice-type. If they were so desperate to introduce the element to his team, they could always just teach Buizel Ice Fang, or have it execute “Ice Aqua Jet” more frequently.

As for Dawn's team, I guess that the Leafeon would be the most obvious choice, depending on when one will have its anime appearance. It would be interesting if she got a Bug Pokemon to take care but then again, I dunno.

And in the filler saga, I hope Dawn catches a Cyndaquil <3 I think it'd fit her.
Most likely. I only hope they’ll give it a personality that will distinquish it from Ash’s.

Can't say much about Brock either, I think you covered it well enough. If Hippopotas came back and went with Brock it would be a nice add, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Besides, Brock will probably only take care of baby Pokemon. But Brock didn't exactly interact with Hippopotas in either of its appearances. If anyone was to catch it, I'd say the most feasible would be Ash.
Comments in bold. :]

Quote:
[STUPID QUESTIONS]
1. why focus on only what evolves, how about what moves pokes could learn?
2. why only focus on ash, dawn and brock? why not open the subject up a bit more?
[/STUPID QUESTIONS]

I agree along with DarkGardevoir (except regarding infernape), but i do think that ash should train grotle to torterra as it would help when trying to face Volkner.

Possibly ash could get out good old lapras again but i know there are no promises for that

I want to see an actual tv debut of dialga, palkia and giratina at spear pillar. but that could already be planned or the idea thrown away
1) Because that would be an entirely different subject in general. And it’s not only about who evolves. Did you even read the opening post? :s
2) “Main characters” doesn’t refer to just Ash, Dawn, and Brock. It can be Team Rocket too, and Paul to some extent.

Lapras is pretty doubtful. He already has Buizel, and doesn’t really require it for travelling.

Oh, and there is an episode regarding Team Galactic on Mt. Coronet airing on Thursday, so that'll probably include the three Dragons.

Quote:
I lol'd at the Teddiursa thing. Vulpix, Mudkip, Bonsly, and Happiny don't seem to help. Dawn's gonna scrapped, YAY SOUL!(can't wait to hear the BAWfests for this one) And yeah, Ash needs Pidgeot back, and Larvitar IS a Johto mon after all. :D
I doubt Dawn will leave before the filler saga. May wasn't replaced by Leaf in advanced, so I don't see how this instance will be any different. Moreover, I'd like to see Dawn's team develop further than one Grand Festival. Soul is awesome though. :]

Last edited by Calypso; 07-14-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

- Ash -

Pikachu - You know that Pikachu's going to be staying with Ash of course.
Staraptor - Although Ash promised that he would bring Pidgeot back he's going to keep Staraptor for the rest of Sinnoh and then bring back Pidgeot.
Infernape - Infernape will evolve in a battle with Paul during the Pokemon League challenge.
Grotle - This isn't going to evolve because all of Ash's Pokemon can't be fully evolved and Paul already owns a Torterra.
Gliscor - Unlike Staraptor, Ash may switch this Pokemon out for another one at Oak's lab, but it's to be determined for now.
Floatzel - Buizel will evolve in a battle with Team Galactic.

- Dawn -

Piplup - It's going to be an equivilant (<- Don't know how to spell) to Ash's Pikachu.
Lopunny - Buneary will finally evolve after so many episodes into Lopunny from Happiness. I'm predicting that it'll evolve during a Contest Battle.
Pachirisu - Not much to say except that it doesn't evolve and it'll stay on her team.
Mamoswine - This is the powerhouse of her team so it'll be staying.
Gallade - Dawn will somehow get a Ralts and it'll become a Gallade overtime. She could rescue a Ralts from Team Galactic and keep it as her own. It'll evolve into Kirlia by battling and it'll find a Dawn stone (hehe..) and evolve into Gallade.

- Brock -

Croagunk - Although we all want Croagunk to evolve it won't until a later series or maybe it won't evolve at all?
Sudowoodo - This may be taken off Brock's team and left at the Pewter gym in a later series, but we'll have to see what happens.
Chansey - It'll evolve overtime into Chansey and stay a Chansey till a later series.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

Did you even read the opening post? :s
YES, yes I did. I was just considering whether ash's monferno/infernape would learn close combat or blast burn

Oh, and there is an episode regarding Team Galactic on Mt. Coronet airing on Thursday, so that'll probably include the three Dragons.

Would that be in Japan or in the US?
comments in stylized form
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietKoffing View Post
- Ash -

Pikachu - You know that Pikachu's going to be staying with Ash of course.
Staraptor - Although Ash promised that he would bring Pidgeot back he's going to keep Staraptor for the rest of Sinnoh and then bring back Pidgeot.
Infernape - Infernape will evolve in a battle with Paul during the Pokemon League challenge.
Grotle - This isn't going to evolve because all of Ash's Pokemon can't be fully evolved and Paul already owns a Torterra.
Gliscor - Unlike Staraptor, Ash may switch this Pokemon out for another one at Oak's lab, but it's to be determined for now.
Floatzel - Buizel will evolve in a battle with Team Galactic.

- Dawn -

Piplup - It's going to be an equivilant (<- Don't know how to spell) to Ash's Pikachu.
Lopunny - Buneary will finally evolve after so many episodes into Lopunny from Happiness. I'm predicting that it'll evolve during a Contest Battle.
Pachirisu - Not much to say except that it doesn't evolve and it'll stay on her team.
Mamoswine - This is the powerhouse of her team so it'll be staying.
Gallade - Dawn will somehow get a Ralts and it'll become a Gallade overtime. She could rescue a Ralts from Team Galactic and keep it as her own. It'll evolve into Kirlia by battling and it'll find a Dawn stone (hehe..) and evolve into Gallade.

- Brock -

Croagunk - Although we all want Croagunk to evolve it won't until a later series or maybe it won't evolve at all?
Sudowoodo - This may be taken off Brock's team and left at the Pewter gym in a later series, but we'll have to see what happens.
Chansey - It'll evolve overtime into Chansey and stay a Chansey till a later series.
The only pokemons missing from the series are froslass and heatran

[STUPID QUESTIONS=offtopic] in the platinum game where the battle frontier is, you get to rechallenge gym leaders in the survival area, visit stark mountain and see heatran, and battle barry and buck. does anyone suppose that will happen in future with ash, brock and dawn or will they just skip to johto[/STUPID QUESTIONS]

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 07-14-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Nice thread, Calypso.

Agree with mostly everything on here. But as Ash being a competitive character, I'm taking a guess that Ash will evolve Buizel.

|thedynamicduo|