Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Fire Away's Avatar
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: Right to bear arms

I can safely say that if I had a gun and someone tried to break into my house, I'd shoot them first rather than try to wait out and see their intentions.

I'm of the opinion that guns should be monitored better than they are, but at this point trying to remove the guns from people who don't have with would be a losing battle.
__________________


Hi




Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
So they resort to robbery and end up harming others who AREN'T worthless trash in the process?

and omfg, red is here yay
Yes. Because they have a criminal record, they either can't get a job, or when they do, they get framed for whatever goes wrong and they lose their jobs. It's due to the society discriminating against them. And thus, they have no other way to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
I can safely say that if I had a gun and someone tried to break into my house, I'd shoot them first rather than try to wait out and see their intentions.

I'm of the opinion that guns should be monitored better than they are, but at this point trying to remove the guns from people who don't have with would be a losing battle.
True, that. We need to clamp down on illegal guns first.


Oh yes, I find a big problem here. Those who are against guns quote just about every point made by those for guns, but most of the time, those for guns only quote a few points made by those against guns that they can barely counter. And they totally ignore the rest. I wonder if it's not daring to face the facts that enforcing the rule on guns is far better, that those for guns are deluding themselves. And that includes you, Wunschy.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 PM
OrexxerO's Avatar
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 383
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Yes. Because they have a criminal record, they either can't get a job, or when they do, they get framed for whatever goes wrong and they lose their jobs. It's due to the society discriminating against them. And thus, they have no other way to survive.
Someone who has molested a child needs to be discriminated against. And its b.s. that no one would give someone a job that broke the law say, once. But ever think about the fact that some criminals simply can't hold a job because they aren't loyal/good employees to begin with? There are plenty of lower-end jobs that employers will lookover someone breaking the law at least once. and I don't feel sorry for someone who got thrown in jail being discriminated against since its their own friggin fault they were there in the first place.


And at one point they didn't have a criminal record, so why didn't they try getting a job then? instead of then breaking the law, going to jail, getting out, then saying SOCIETY HATES ME FOR BREAKING THE LAW WAAAAAHHHH.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Someone who has molested a child needs to be discriminated against. And its b.s. that no one would give someone a job that broke the law say, once. But ever think about the fact that some criminals simply can't hold a job because they aren't loyal/good employees to begin with? There are plenty of lower-end jobs that employers will lookover someone breaking the law at least once. and I don't feel sorry for someone who got thrown in jail being discriminated against since its their own friggin fault they were there in the first place.


And at one point they didn't have a criminal record, so why didn't they try getting a job then? instead of then breaking the law, going to jail, getting out, then saying SOCIETY HATES ME FOR BREAKING THE LAW WAAAAAHHHH.
Because they want to turn over a new leaf, but old habits die hard? The first thing that should be one is for us to give them a chance.

Oh, and there are too many causes of crimes. Such as watching too much violent stuff on TV. It's only natural.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 AM
OrexxerO's Avatar
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 383
Default Re: Right to bear arms

What the heck? since when is watching violent stuff on T.V. the cause of crime? Thats like saying violent videogames cause killings or violence, if that was how it works then how come the world isn't bursting with love since there are more songs written about love then any other?


Quote:
Because they want to turn over a new leaf, but old habits die hard? The first thing that should be one is for us to give them a chance.
Chances are, if they keep going back to jail, and especially more then two or three times, they don't want to turn over any leaf, and are stuck in their ways. And it really depends on the crime.

For thievery or burglary without causing someone bodily harm or intent to harm someone, I could see giving them several chances. Someone raping/molesting/in for assault/battery/severe bodily harm? Heck no.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
MaskedJackal's Avatar
MaskedJackal Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,625
Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Yes. Because they have a criminal record, they either can't get a job, or when they do, they get framed for whatever goes wrong and they lose their jobs. It's due to the society discriminating against them. And thus, they have no other way to survive.
^ This is what is left of your post after I cut out all the elitist garbage.

Of course we discriminate against them. They chose to harm others.They ruined their own life, not the law.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
What the heck? since when is watching violent stuff on T.V. the cause of crime? Thats like saying violent videogames cause killings or violence, if that was how it works then how come the world isn't bursting with love since there are more songs written about love then any other?
Because those who commit crimes are more like glued to violent stuff. Many who have committed violent crimes have confessed to have watched violent stuff and have been influenced by them to commit such crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Chances are, if they keep going back to jail, and especially more then two or three times, they don't want to turn over any leaf, and are stuck in their ways. And it really depends on the crime.
Have you even been doing anything to help them? I suppose not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
For thievery or burglary without causing someone bodily harm or intent to harm someone, I could see giving them several chances. Someone raping/molesting/in for assault/battery/severe bodily harm? Heck no.
Of course, there's those who refuse to change. But you're ignoring those who want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
^ This is what is left of your post after I cut out all the elitist garbage.

Of course we discriminate against them. They chose to harm others.They ruined their own life, not the law.
And you don't help them even if they want to turn over a new leaf?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
I prefer bladed weapons over firearms. More visceral, more skill-oriented, and doesn't kill innocent bystanders.
True, safe and yet effective. But as for me, I like to use a bow and arrow. And throwing daggers will do(^^)
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-21-2009, 06:12 PM
MaskedJackal's Avatar
MaskedJackal Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,625
Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post



And you don't help them even if they want to turn over a new leaf?
Not if they take away an innocent life, or intend to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
Not if they take away an innocent life, or intend to.
Assuming the crime they commit does not result in a death penalty and they truly want to repent and not commit any more crimes, I don't see why they should not be given a chance.

But we're seriously getting off-topic here, so get back on.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
skiboydoggy's Avatar
skiboydoggy Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Exploding Robots
Posts: 3,706
Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy
Default Re: Right to bear arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
Not if they take away an innocent life, or intend to.
Murder is punished with life or death, depending on the country. What argument are you trying to use?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Soda Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Karakura Town
Posts: 4,462
Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Re: Right to bear arms

I say its alright!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: Right to bear arms

I have a katana, three knives, (two of which are military), and a bo (Japanese combat staff), and I wish I could carry them all.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Right to bear arms

OK, I'm not going to read all of these pages, but simply say: In Australia we got really tough on gun laws after the Port Arthur Massacre. This is recent, so you can't claim that this is somehow a different context.

Crime rates aren't what took a huge hit, but suicide rates, and manslaughter deaths (that is a crime sorry, but still, not murder) plummeted, also accidental gun deaths.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com