Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Right to bear arms

I can safely say that if I had a gun and someone tried to break into my house, I'd shoot them first rather than try to wait out and see their intentions.

I'm of the opinion that guns should be monitored better than they are, but at this point trying to remove the guns from people who don't have with would be a losing battle.

Hi

Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
So they resort to robbery and end up harming others who AREN'T worthless trash in the process?

and omfg, red is here yay
Yes. Because they have a criminal record, they either can't get a job, or when they do, they get framed for whatever goes wrong and they lose their jobs. It's due to the society discriminating against them. And thus, they have no other way to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
I can safely say that if I had a gun and someone tried to break into my house, I'd shoot them first rather than try to wait out and see their intentions.

I'm of the opinion that guns should be monitored better than they are, but at this point trying to remove the guns from people who don't have with would be a losing battle.
True, that. We need to clamp down on illegal guns first.

Oh yes, I find a big problem here. Those who are against guns quote just about every point made by those for guns, but most of the time, those for guns only quote a few points made by those against guns that they can barely counter. And they totally ignore the rest. I wonder if it's not daring to face the facts that enforcing the rule on guns is far better, that those for guns are deluding themselves. And that includes you, Wunschy.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 PM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Yes. Because they have a criminal record, they either can't get a job, or when they do, they get framed for whatever goes wrong and they lose their jobs. It's due to the society discriminating against them. And thus, they have no other way to survive.
Someone who has molested a child needs to be discriminated against. And its b.s. that no one would give someone a job that broke the law say, once. But ever think about the fact that some criminals simply can't hold a job because they aren't loyal/good employees to begin with? There are plenty of lower-end jobs that employers will lookover someone breaking the law at least once. and I don't feel sorry for someone who got thrown in jail being discriminated against since its their own friggin fault they were there in the first place.

And at one point they didn't have a criminal record, so why didn't they try getting a job then? instead of then breaking the law, going to jail, getting out, then saying SOCIETY HATES ME FOR BREAKING THE LAW WAAAAAHHHH.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Someone who has molested a child needs to be discriminated against. And its b.s. that no one would give someone a job that broke the law say, once. But ever think about the fact that some criminals simply can't hold a job because they aren't loyal/good employees to begin with? There are plenty of lower-end jobs that employers will lookover someone breaking the law at least once. and I don't feel sorry for someone who got thrown in jail being discriminated against since its their own friggin fault they were there in the first place.

And at one point they didn't have a criminal record, so why didn't they try getting a job then? instead of then breaking the law, going to jail, getting out, then saying SOCIETY HATES ME FOR BREAKING THE LAW WAAAAAHHHH.
Because they want to turn over a new leaf, but old habits die hard? The first thing that should be one is for us to give them a chance.

Oh, and there are too many causes of crimes. Such as watching too much violent stuff on TV. It's only natural.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

What the heck? since when is watching violent stuff on T.V. the cause of crime? Thats like saying violent videogames cause killings or violence, if that was how it works then how come the world isn't bursting with love since there are more songs written about love then any other?

Quote:
Because they want to turn over a new leaf, but old habits die hard? The first thing that should be one is for us to give them a chance.
Chances are, if they keep going back to jail, and especially more then two or three times, they don't want to turn over any leaf, and are stuck in their ways. And it really depends on the crime.

For thievery or burglary without causing someone bodily harm or intent to harm someone, I could see giving them several chances. Someone raping/molesting/in for assault/battery/severe bodily harm? Heck no.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
^ This is what is left of your post after I cut out all the elitist garbage.

Of course we discriminate against them. They chose to harm others.They ruined their own life, not the law.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
What the heck? since when is watching violent stuff on T.V. the cause of crime? Thats like saying violent videogames cause killings or violence, if that was how it works then how come the world isn't bursting with love since there are more songs written about love then any other?
Because those who commit crimes are more like glued to violent stuff. Many who have committed violent crimes have confessed to have watched violent stuff and have been influenced by them to commit such crimes.

Quote:
Chances are, if they keep going back to jail, and especially more then two or three times, they don't want to turn over any leaf, and are stuck in their ways. And it really depends on the crime.
Have you even been doing anything to help them? I suppose not.

Quote:
For thievery or burglary without causing someone bodily harm or intent to harm someone, I could see giving them several chances. Someone raping/molesting/in for assault/battery/severe bodily harm? Heck no.
Of course, there's those who refuse to change. But you're ignoring those who want to.

Quote:
^ This is what is left of your post after I cut out all the elitist garbage.

Of course we discriminate against them. They chose to harm others.They ruined their own life, not the law.
And you don't help them even if they want to turn over a new leaf?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
I prefer bladed weapons over firearms. More visceral, more skill-oriented, and doesn't kill innocent bystanders.
True, safe and yet effective. But as for me, I like to use a bow and arrow. And throwing daggers will do(^^)
Old 06-21-2009, 06:12 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post

And you don't help them even if they want to turn over a new leaf?
Not if they take away an innocent life, or intend to.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Assuming the crime they commit does not result in a death penalty and they truly want to repent and not commit any more crimes, I don't see why they should not be given a chance.

But we're seriously getting off-topic here, so get back on.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Quote:
Murder is punished with life or death, depending on the country. What argument are you trying to use?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

I say its alright!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

I have a katana, three knives, (two of which are military), and a bo (Japanese combat staff), and I wish I could carry them all.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OK, I'm not going to read all of these pages, but simply say: In Australia we got really tough on gun laws after the Port Arthur Massacre. This is recent, so you can't claim that this is somehow a different context.

Crime rates aren't what took a huge hit, but suicide rates, and manslaughter deaths (that is a crime sorry, but still, not murder) plummeted, also accidental gun deaths.