Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: War Season 4 Planning

I was thinking that we could find a close time for all time zones. I live in Illinois so I have central time, but eastern differs a lot.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

The majority of members are in America, so just set the time in CET and Eastern and let everyone else work it out themselves. =/ That could even work with just one of the first two being decalred. This coming from a Europe-based member, too. Besides, helps to be prompt anyway.

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 06-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Sounds good to me. Time Zones differ by hours and this could be a great change within the WAR.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

anyone else notice how unevenly distributed the activity among the sections is?

I think we should award points based on activity in the sections

rp: 3
fan fic: 2 (maybe 1)
art: 2 (maybe 1)
trivia: 1
debate: 1
creative writing: 1
comedy: 1
netbattle: 2
scavenger hunt: 1
urpg: 2

Last edited by Incongruity; 06-09-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I agree with sk, its better this way (Even more fair for sake of sections).

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk1911
anyone else notice how unevenly distributed the activity among the sections is?

I think we should award points based on activity in the sections

rp: 3
fan fic: 2 (maybe 1)
art: 2 (maybe 1)
trivia: 1
debate: 1
creative writing: 1
comedy: 1
netbattle: 2
scavenger hunt: 1
urpg: 2

I totally agree with you, sk. People can put little time and effort into overlooked sections and win points for their team. There's just one thing... Do you think that Harry, Neo, and Fair would go for redistribution of the points since the War has already started? That'll be the one factor to overcome.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 06-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

thx guys. Those exact numbers may not be the best estimates, but some sections are far more active than others. If we change them, we can always change them back if they gain more activity.

Also, for the rp, it hasn't happened yet, but I can sense it coming. Offensive god-moding is far worse than defensive god-moding.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk1911
thx guys. Those exact numbers may not be the best estimates, but some sections are far more active than others. If we change them, we can always change them back if they gain more activity.

Also, for the rp, it hasn't happened yet, but I can sense it coming. Offensive god-moding is far worse than defensive god-moding.
As for the point distribution, if you decrese the valus of some sections, people are just going to skip them and move to bigger sections. With every section having the same worth, it makes each section an attractive source to gain points.

And really, the point where offensive god-modding gets really bad is if the defender has zero hope of ever stopping the offender, and can not prove to be of any resistance whatsoever. Trust me, I don't want to see any god-modding either. It makes the RP a pain rather than fun. There's a difference between an honest loss and a totally unfair onslaught.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

On another point-related note, I was wondering if the weekly WAR-point for Netbattle and URPG should be awarded to the team with the most wins. As of now, if person A from team Nox gets 2 battle points, and three different members from team Trainer get 1 point each, then the WAR-point will go to team Nox, because they have the individual with the most individual battle points. But should it not go to the team with the most battle points? After all, the WAR is a team-related thing.

And I just used the former teams as an example.

EDIT: I checked the rules and saw that for the URPG it is already team-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
NetBattle: Each competitor in this section must compete and earn battle points. 1 battle point is earned whenever one member of a team defeats a member of another team. The member who earns the most battle points, earns a point for his team. In the case of a tie, the members with the highest battle points each earn a war point for their teams. The rules for a War Battle includes no legendaries, no hiding your pokemon before battle, and that each pokemon must have a different item.
Another EDIT: Well, the Judge posted the stats and calculated in the team-based way anyway. So I guess this post should be ignored.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Last edited by Loyal Arcanine; 06-11-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:23 AM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss

Hmm..I'm part of Team Elite..I heard the team was inactive?? is that true? I just came back to being online now, so I'm ready to start battling for my team, but if it's dead then what am I supposed to, join another team?? I really don't want to that, but if it's the only choice, then well..
Old 09-04-2005, 03:27 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGBoss
Hmm..I'm part of Team Elite..I heard the team was inactive?? is that true? I just came back to being online now, so I'm ready to start battling for my team, but if it's dead then what am I supposed to, join another team?? I really don't want to that, but if it's the only choice, then well..

Team Elite is not longer a War Team because Season 4 was composed on new teams. The war is over though, so don't worry about battling. The scores will be posted soon.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:32 AM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss
Cool Re: War Season 4 Planning

So what are the Teams that will be able to battle then? Because i'm bakc for real now, I'm ready to battle!!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

The teams that were able to battle were: Team Soul, Team C.I.B.Org, The Brotherhood of Steel, Team D.A.R.K, the Assassin Guild and the Puppeteers. However, the War is over and none of the teams are participating.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 11-15-2005, 08:49 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

The War is over. As the remaining active War Leader, I declare another draw this season. We never finished judging all the sections with the crisis that took place towards end of the season.

I don't know when the next war season will be, but the War Statistics will remain up as a tribute to all the hard work everyone has done.

Again, thank you to the judges and teams. Without you, this wouldn't be possible.

Now let's bring to a close what started so long ago.

Thread- Locked and Unstickied
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Closed Thread