Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Chromatic Alchemist's Avatar
Chromatic Alchemist Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,348
Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist
Default Monomon [xD] Challenge

You've heard of the Monotype challenge, right?

How about the Monomon challenge?

You train one Pokemon through the whole game, and no others.

If you happen to take the challenge, tell us your Pokemon of choice and its movepool/nature/etc.

Rico [Charizard]
Lvl 65 [currently]
Modest Nature
Ability: Blaze
Moves

Flamethrower
Slash
Wing Attack
Earthquake

Any suggestions for me?
__________________

l links l

Last edited by Chromatic Alchemist; 06-26-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Modest Nature, obviously teach it Dragon Claw.

Thats about it. Teach it EQ if you find it also.

How ever did you get past Misty? lol

I'll try this out later.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Chromatic Alchemist's Avatar
Chromatic Alchemist Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,348
Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Modest Nature, obviously teach it Dragon Claw.

Thats about it. Teach it EQ if you find it also.

How ever did you get past Misty? lol

I'll try this out later.
I beat the snap out of her with Secret Power! xD

EDIT: Now I'm at the E4. I've lost to Lorielle 4 times. xO
__________________

l links l

Last edited by Chromatic Alchemist; 06-26-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 AM
MagmarMan's Avatar
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Where ever my mind takes me...
Posts: 2,526
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

I think I might try this. Charizard would probably be the easiest to get through the game with (except for Lorielle, as you're finding out State Alchemist Patrick). My favorite of the three is Venusaur, but even that isn't as versitile as Blastoise (due to Blastoise being able to learn Ice moves).

This'll be a tough decision, I'll probably update again tomorrow when I make my decision.
__________________
VPP Stats
My Bowling Website
We love Him because He first loved us. -1 John 4:9-10
Banner By Me ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Chromatic Alchemist's Avatar
Chromatic Alchemist Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,348
Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

You can call me SAP to make things small.

I finally beat Lorelei. I went to the next room and saved, so I'm beating the next guy today.

EDIT: I was at Lance's last mon, his precious Dragonite. I had like, 54 health left, and it used flipping Hyper Beam! xOOOO

At least I saved before him.

EDIT:EDIT: Okay, I'm at Gary, and Pidgeot was no problem, but I'm having A LOT of trouble with Blastoise. =/
__________________

l links l

Last edited by Chromatic Alchemist; 06-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Abcnonn's Avatar
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 621
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by State Alchemist Patrick View Post
You can call me SAP to make things small.

I finally beat Lorelei. I went to the next room and saved, so I'm beating the next guy today.

EDIT: I was at Lance's last mon, his precious Dragonite. I had like, 54 health left, and it used flipping Hyper Beam! xOOOO

At least I saved before him.

EDIT:EDIT: Okay, I'm at Gary, and Pidgeot was no problem, but I'm having A LOT of trouble with Blastoise. =/
Just 1 question: Y R U trying 2 get through using only 1 poke? Monotype seems hard enough...
__________________

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
Just 1 question: Y R U trying 2 get through using only 1 poke? Monotype seems hard enough...
Because its supposed to be a challenge. >.>
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Abcnonn's Avatar
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 621
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Because its supposed to be a challenge. >.>
I know, but it's rather extreme...
__________________

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
I know, but it's rather extreme...
No its not. Its easier than the monotype challenge. Starters are almost the strongest thing in-game, and only training that pokemon, it gets to a high level and is very tough to beat ingame.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Abcnonn's Avatar
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 621
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
No its not. Its easier than the monotype challenge. Starters are almost the strongest thing in-game, and only training that pokemon, it gets to a high level and is very tough to beat ingame.
But Monotype, u have starter and other pokes of the same type.
__________________

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Sure, but monomon, you have 1 pokemon, and it gets very strong over the coarse of the game.

Really.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Chromatic Alchemist's Avatar
Chromatic Alchemist Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,348
Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
Just 1 question: Y R U trying 2 get through using only 1 poke? Monotype seems hard enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Sure, but monomon, you have 1 pokemon, and it gets very strong over the coarse of the game.

Really.
That should answer your question, Abcnonn [a.k.a. SPAMMER].

Anyhow, I'm just about to give up and start over. I can't seem to find a strategy to beat Gary's Blastoise.

Any ideas? [My Pokemon's moves are up in the first post.
__________________

l links l
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Abcnonn's Avatar
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 621
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by State Alchemist Patrick View Post
That should answer your question, Abcnonn [a.k.a. SPAMMER].

Anyhow, I'm just about to give up and start over. I can't seem to find a strategy to beat Gary's Blastoise.

Any ideas? [My Pokemon's moves are up in the first post.
My Idea is Starting with Blastoise, cause I think it can learn Ice punch which would help against Venusaur.
__________________

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Broderick's Avatar
Broderick Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Your local Mental Asylum.
Posts: 1,769
Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
My Idea is Starting with Blastoise, cause I think it can learn Ice punch which would help against Venusaur.
Lol that's Emerald.
Try Ice BEAM which has more power overall, with the higher base power, as well as Blastoise's better Special Attack compared to attack.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Monomon [xD] Challenge

I am going with Blastoise also. 1 IceBeam simply dominates Venusaur, and he will be pretty simple. He learns dig for that Electric Gym, so yeah.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com