Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: New pokemon saga?

What?! where is it? oh I think you should give proper details(^^)
Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Uber Platinum Offline

It'd be nice to see Gold's travels but with the new HeartGold and SoulSilver female character, Soul.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55

It's going to keep going for a long time.

^ ^
Click
Old 06-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

This made me lol. :]

And pretty redundant question. Isn't it apparent by now: Ash will travel to the new region, catch the generic Water/Fire/Grass/Flying/Filler, achieve 8 badges, and ultimately lose to a stronger contender at the league.

Also, do you really think the writers care if it's "corny." It's a show aimed at kids, and the formula still works, so I doubt they would consider changing it.
Well, I guess that's why it's unchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiteTheGreat View Post
So does that include Ash somehow managed to defeat Candice, considering he used Staraptor, Gliscor and Grotle? Very predictable.

~Sam.
How so? :O

Even so, that doesn't mean that everything in the anime is predictable. Of course, that'd bore even the kids. They add a little unpredictability and suspense that's the perfect dosage for the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky_fried_torchic View Post
One of the many reasons why PokeSpec needs to be made into an anime.
What's that? :O

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 06-14-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Sakura Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
What's that? :O
PokeSpec or Pocket Monsters Special Manga (Pokemon ADVENTURES) is a manga based off the Pokemon game boy games. The main characters are Red, Blue, Green (Gary), Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby (Brendan/Yuuki), Sapphire (May/Haruka), and Emerald.

I like it a lot more than the animated series and I agree with kentucky_fried_torchic, they should definatly make an animated series out of PokeSpec.

(Mostly because I love Ruby and Sapphire hehe)
Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Loyal Kingdra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Kingdra

I wish we can follow around a different charcter..
Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Dariganno Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dariganno Send a message via MSN to Dariganno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdra View Post

Yep!

But, I doubt they'll ever get rid of Ash. -.-''

Pokémon Special is awesome! If they made that into a series, it might get rid of the thing they keep doing at the end of episode ("And x and y became/made friends and they all lived happily ever after") and make it just... Better. And for the kids, it still has cheesey stuff in it, so I don't see why it'd be a problem.

OneManga (google it :P) is where I get my fix, just look for Pokémon Special on there.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdra View Post
I doubt it'll ever happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dari Metsuki View Post
Yep!

But, I doubt they'll ever get rid of Ash. -.-''

Pokémon Special is awesome! If they made that into a series, it might get rid of the thing they keep doing at the end of episode ("And x and y became/made friends and they all lived happily ever after") and make it just... Better. And for the kids, it still has cheesey stuff in it, so I don't see why it'd be a problem.

OneManga (google it :P) is where I get my fix, just look for Pokémon Special on there.
No thank you, ONE anime is enough for any franchise. Excluding extra seasons. D8
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Dariganno Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
I doubt it'll ever happen.

No thank you, ONE anime is enough for any franchise. Excluding extra seasons. D8
Well they could do that for the next season INSTEAD.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Sakura Offline

Quote:
I actually dunno if it would come to America if it was made into an animated series, I mean who would dub it, 4Kids? Pfft. Hilarious. I would watch the subbed myself, but it could totally be a hit. Obviously not as big as the original Pokemon anime, but it would still bring a lot to the table.

PokeSpec even brings back old characters without being repetitive, so I think it would be a nice series to be animated.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Dariganno Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
I actually dunno if it would come to America if it was made into an animated series, I mean who would dub it, 4Kids? Pfft. Hilarious. I would watch the subbed myself, but it could totally be a hit. Obviously not as big as the original Pokemon anime, but it would still bring a lot to the table.

PokeSpec even brings back old characters without being repetitive, so I think it would be a nice series to be animated.
I watch subbed where possible anyway :P
And I'm in England, so even less chance :(
Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Charizard Offline

Quote:
I watch subbed where possible anyway :P
And I'm in England, so even less chance :(
I always watch Pokemon dubbed. It saves me time and space from downloading it from the internet.

On topic: I wouldn' mind if there will be another Pokemon series. I'll never get tired of huting new Pokemons.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
And guess who they're going to met up with there? May, like they did in the first Battle Frontier with Misty.
It would probably be cooler if we got to see Max again (as an actual Trainer this time), seeing as May already made her appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen angel View Post
HELLS ya, i agree add a lil gore , a lil blood , a lil more romance some thig on da line ,no more of dat little fukn "Y7" thing on the screen instead pg14 or maybe TVMA get someting on da line (like someone gets kidnaped and ash has to save them but has to beat the elite 4 before he dose "just a Thaught" ) and make it a lil more meaningfull not jus a kid who wants to be a "master", " i mean come on " blues clues has more of a plot than that.
And think realistically, guys. Even though you may be smart enough to see through the thin disguise these guys pull and can see that it's a very childish show, let me ask you something: What did you expect?

Pokémon won't grow up with such-and-such generation of fans. It's going to be childish for a majority of its life. Why? Because it's directed at kids who are young enough to actually like this flat, boring, immature anime. There's going to be no blood or gore (what would the trusting parents think if their seven-year olds were watching red splatter fly as Pokémon are being torn limb from limb?), no romance (they'd probably consider children too young to deal with this type of thing, and would try to censor it at all costs... in fact, my brother's elementary school banned Twilight and the respective saga because nine-year-olds were too young to read it), and none of that mature stuff. Because, for about the millionth time:

Pokémon.
Is.
A.
Children's.
Franchise.

Am I overreacting? Yes, probably. But what I really wish you guys would learn is that there's not going to be any of the themes you all enjoy because the seven-year-olds - those who give the companies the funding they need - would not like/understand it, and nor would their parents. I've seen this argument many times, that Pokémon needs to 'grow up' and get something more mature, but I think that everyone who posts those things just can't quite wrap their minds around the fact that it won't happen because Pokémon is just not that kind of series.

Sure, we're all more mature than that and we're still into Pokémon. But we're not the ones that those who run the show really give a rat's tail about, so all of your desires of 'Tracey comes back and his Scyther rips Pikachu into bloody smithereens while Ash and Misty make out' are just not going to happen.

Thank you for your time.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 07-01-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Quite frankly, I would like to see the series start going back to it's roots a bit. As much as it is aimed for a younger audience, the Johto/BF/Hoenn styles were much more enjoyable for all ages than the current, corny-ish style of Galactic Battle. Also, I would like to see Max as a trainer and with Ralts as one of his pokemon (the one from 'Do I Hear a Ralts?' episode). But all in all, instead of growing up, I think they just need to calm it down a bit, maybe cut back a bit on Team Rocket appearances instead of using them as a crutch in comming up with new episode plots and challenges. Especially since TR is becomming alot less challenging. And maybe have Ash actually see through thier disguises once in a while just to throw things off a bit. Do some things that are unexpected rather than follow the same borish routine every single episode.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:16 AM
FLSHK Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Quite frankly, I would like to see the series start going back to it's roots a bit. As much as it is aimed for a younger audience, the Johto/BF/Hoenn styles were much more enjoyable for all ages than the current, corny-ish style of Galactic Battle. Also, I would like to see Max as a trainer and with Ralts as one of his pokemon (the one from 'Do I Hear a Ralts?' episode). But all in all, instead of growing up, I think they just need to calm it down a bit, maybe cut back a bit on Team Rocket appearances instead of using them as a crutch in comming up with new episode plots and challenges. Especially since TR is becomming alot less challenging. And maybe have Ash actually see through thier disguises once in a while just to throw things off a bit. Do some things that are unexpected rather than follow the same borish routine every single episode.
I liked the Original/Orange Islands/Johto/Hoenn series best [partly (but not completely) because of the original voice of Ash and others]. I preferred (and still prefer) the Johto series to the other three I mentioned for certain reasons that I am unable to grasp at this point. Actually, the BF saga was alright, but the thing I didn't like about it was the voice changes.

WLD: 7/3/0

It took forever (well, more like an hour) to make my avatar!