Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:34 PM
AUfan Offline

Default New team, RMT plz

So this is a gimmicky eeveelution team that I am planning. I know many of these movesets arnt exactly standard but most of the standards for eeveelutions are mainly support-based sets and 6 supporters is, obviously, a bad idea...

So please give me suggestions on how you would improve the pokemon on this team

Umbreon
Item: Leftovers
Careful
252 HP evs, 252 SpD evs
Mean look
Wish
Baton Pass
Payback

A standard Umbreon set. Umbreon will trap with mean look and then pass to the appropriate sweeper. Payback gives Umbreon an option for attacking, although i might consider toxic as well. Finally, Wish gives umbreon the ability to heal my teamates that dont have healing moves of their own

Vaporeon
Bold
252 HP evs, 128 def evs, 124 spD evs
Baton Pass
Acid Armor
Substitute
Surf/Muddy Water

Vaporeon is my defensive supportmon. His substitutes are pretty beastly and acid armor really helps some of my pokes with lower defenses like Espeon and Flareon. Muddy Water's accuracy is kind of a turn off, but Its 30% chance of reducing accuracy goes along really well with Vaporeon's defensive support theme. Any recommendations on whether to use surf or muddy water?

Espeon
Item: Life orb
Modest
252 Spe Evs, 252 SpA Evs
Calm Mind
Psychic
Signal Beam
Baton Pass

The only other special sweeper on this team is glaceon, so using the standard Espyjump moveset seemed kind of unessecary. Instead, i decided to use Espeon as a special sweeper. Vaporeon's support options synergize really well by giving espeon the defensive boost/substitutes it needs to use a calm mind or two before sweeping. Baton Pass is there so that if Espeon needs wish support from umbreon, I dont have to reuse calm mind.

Glaceon
Item: Life Orb
Timid
252 SpA evs, 252 Spe evs
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Wish
Protect

Glaceon has a wonderful Special attack stat, so i decided to make it into a special sweeper. Wish + protect is for self healing for the life orb recoil and glaceon is also a decent backup wisher if umbreon needs immediate healing and cant wish for itself or if umbreon faints. Glaceon has good defenses and a shallow offensive movepool so i figured it would be a good option as my backup wisher.

Leafeon
Adamant
252 Atk evs, 252 Spe evs
Leaf Blade
Return
Swords Dance
Synthesis

Leafeon's primary purpose is obviously as a SD physical sweeper. Vaporeon's passed monster of a substitute gives Leafeon time to set up with a swords dance before sweeping. In addition, Leafeon has a very nice defensive stat of his own and can switch into a mean-look-trapped physical attacker to set up. Due to this high defense, I gave leafeon synthesis so that he can tank against physical attackers. However, im thinking x-scissor might be a good choice to fill that moveslot instead.

Flareon
Mild
252 SpA evs, 252 Atk evs
Fire Blast
Return
Superpower
Will-o-wisp

Flareon has two impressive attack stats, an impressive SpD stat, and will-o-wisp or vaporeon's subs/acid armor to correct his not-so-impressive defense stat. Because of Flareon's offensive capabilities, i decided to give him a mixed attacker set and this is what i came up with.

So that is the team that i currently have planned. Now I know that there are major flaws in these movesets, which is why i posted it so i can get you alls advice on what to use.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: New team, RMT plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
So this is a gimmicky eeveelution team that I am planning. I know many of these movesets arnt exactly standard but most of the standards for eeveelutions are mainly support-based sets and 6 supporters is, obviously, a bad idea...

So please give me suggestions on how you would improve the pokemon on this team

Umbreon
Sassy
IVs: 0 Spd
252 HP evs, 252 SpD evs/4 Atk
Mean look
Wish
Baton Pass
Payback

A standard Umbreon set. Umbreon will trap with mean look and then pass to the appropriate sweeper. Payback gives Umbreon an option for attacking, although i might consider toxic as well. Finally, Wish gives umbreon the ability to heal my teamates that dont have healing moves of their own

Make Umbreon as slow as possible to ensure Payback hits at 100 power. You're currently wasting 4 EVs, so put them in Attack.

Vaporeon
Calm
128 HP/252 Df/128 Spd
Baton Pass
Acid Armor
Substitute
Surf/Muddy Water

Vaporeon is my defensive supportmon. His substitutes are pretty beastly and acid armor really helps some of my pokes with lower defenses like Espeon and Flareon. Muddy Water's accuracy is kind of a turn off, but Its 30% chance of reducing accuracy goes along really well with Vaporeon's defensive support theme. Any recommendations on whether to use surf or muddy water?

Muddy Water's accuracy is a letdown, and it's effect isn't desirable enough imo to warrent its use over Surf. Vappy also has a great HP stat already, so using max HP isn't really necessary. The Speed EVs let you tie with minimum speed Milotic and stall Gyarados, while outrunning Dragonite and all other base speed 80s. The HP EVs give you a Lefties number. You need max Defense in order to take physical hits somewhat well. Sine you have Acid Armor, use Calm to take Thunderbolts and Grass Knots better.

Espeon
Item: Life orb
Timid
252 Spe Evs, 252 SpA Evs/4 Df
Calm Mind
Psychic
Signal Beam
Baton Pass

The only other special sweeper on this team is glaceon, so using the standard Espyjump moveset seemed kind of unessecary. Instead, i decided to use Espeon as a special sweeper. Vaporeon's support options synergize really well by giving espeon the defensive boost/substitutes it needs to use a calm mind or two before sweeping. Baton Pass is there so that if Espeon needs wish support from umbreon, I dont have to reuse calm mind.

Espeon wants Timid so it can kill all base 100s and 105s like Mismagius. You're wasting 4 EVs again, so just stick them in Defense.

Glaceon
Timid
252 SpA evs, 252 Spe evs/4 Df
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Wish
HP [Fighting]

Glaceon has a wonderful Special attack stat, so i decided to make it into a special sweeper. Wish + protect is for self healing for the life orb recoil and glaceon is also a decent backup wisher if umbreon needs immediate healing and cant wish for itself or if umbreon faints. Glaceon has good defenses and a shallow offensive movepool so i figured it would be a good option as my backup wisher.

Espeon is a better Special Sweeper imo due to its much higher Speed. Anyways, Glaceon really needs HP [Fighting] or it won't be doing much. Protect isn't needed if you get boosts from Vaporeon and Espeon, so HP [Fighting] can be used over it.

Leafeon
Adamant
252 Atk evs, 252 Spe evs
Leaf Blade
Return
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Leafeon's primary purpose is obviously as a SD physical sweeper. Vaporeon's passed monster of a substitute gives Leafeon time to set up with a swords dance before sweeping. In addition, Leafeon has a very nice defensive stat of his own and can switch into a mean-look-trapped physical attacker to set up. Due to this high defense, I gave leafeon synthesis so that he can tank against physical attackers. However, im thinking x-scissor might be a good choice to fill that moveslot instead.

So many Pokemon resist this Grass+Normal in OU that it isn't even funny. This is fine for UU, but Leafeon fails at being a physical sweeper in OU. And yeah, X-Scissor is much better than Synthesis. Everyone and their mom uses Sandstorm in OU, so Synthesis is hindered and basically useless.

Flareon
Lonely
192 Atk/184 SpAtk/124 Spd
Fire Blast
Return
Superpower
HP [Grass]

Flareon has two impressive attack stats, an impressive SpD stat, and will-o-wisp or vaporeon's subs/acid armor to correct his not-so-impressive defense stat. Because of Flareon's offensive capabilities, i decided to give him a mixed attacker set and this is what i came up with.

Flareon wants HP [Grass] or it just won't have much coverage. 124 Speed EVs lets it outrun minimum speed Meganium and anthing slower.

So that is the team that i currently have planned. Now I know that there are major flaws in these movesets, which is why i posted it so i can get you alls advice on what to use.
Changes is bold.

The problem with this team is that all-Eeveelution teams just don't work. The fact that Vaporeon is used forces the rest of the team to move to OU, where they all pretty much fail.

Nevertheless, I'm still supposed to help you improve your team. So, first of all, I suggest that you make Espeon your Special Sweeper, since it does that job way better than Glaceon. Try a set like

Espeon@Leftovers
Synchronize
Timid
EVs: 4 Df/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-HP [Fighting]
-Baton Pass/Signal Beam

Calm Mind boosts Espeon's great Special attack and average Special Defense. When coupled with Acid Armor, that will make Espeon tough to take down. Psychic + HP [Fighting] takes out the Steel types and Darks who wall you, while Signal Beam is the only thing that will hit Spiritomb and hits Dark types harder than HP [Fighting]. It also hits other Psychics, who wall you otherwise. However, Baton Pass lets you give your boosts to something else that may want them.

Aqua Ring is an option on Vappy, since it functions as a second Leftovers and gives things that don't have recovery a way to get health back.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Like AP said, eeveelution teams really tend not to work. The only way I've had success running one ever is with umbreon as a physical wall (running maxHP/maxDef@Curse/Rest/SleepTalk/Payback), Vappy as a special wall (maxHP/maxSpDef@Wish/Surf/Subsitute/HPElectric) and the other pokes working around revenge killing their primary counters. However should you continue to try this lineup, go 60Att/196SpAtt/252Spd@Naive on flareon, with HP Ice in the final slot (HP Gras is an option as AP said, but the dragons in OU are a more prominent threat) and use it as a wall breaker. That EV spread maxes speed, will 2HKO Hippowdon and gliscor and OHKO skarmory with fire blast (Stronger than a super-effective HP Ice) and superpower can 2HKO standard blissey and RestTalkLax even with the attack drop. It's more useful for this team since the standard set assumes you'll be playing it in NU, which is honestly the only place it belongs. An agilipasser jolteon as your lead (Should you choose to make umbreon a wall, don't lead with it) would also help this team greatly, since neither of your physical attackers have much speed going to spare. AP's espeon set is also a good recommendation, so if you take my advice your team should look something like this:

Jolteon (Lead)
Umbreon (PhysWall)
Vaporeon (SpWall)
Espeon (SpSweep)
Leafeon (PhySweep)
Flareon (MixSweep)

That's about as much help as I'll give regarding an Eevee team aside from the "don't make it" kinda help. Good luck =]
Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM
AUfan Offline

Thanks for the advice guys.