Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Giratina Offline

Default General Fanfic Chat?

I know, there's a 'Fanfiction Chat/Feedback' thread. But nobody really pays any attention to it and it's kind of timed out, and therefore it can't be revived. So who thinks there should be a new fanfic chat thread, sort of like PokeCom's, where a lot of questions are posted and actually used for chat instead of, 'Hi, my fic Chronicles of Whateversauce is really new, and I was wondering if anyone liked it,' which was in reality the whole purpose of the other thread according to Neo Pikachu.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: General Fanfic Chat?

Looking at the thread you linked to on that other site, I think it sounds like a good idea. Do you mean the kind of thing where people post general questions about fanfics in general and anyone who wants to answers them? Because I think that would be fun. ^^

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Yeah, just something general where people can talk about their fics and ask questions and such sounds like a really good idea, Giratina. ^^

Count me in!

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Aren't thread's stickied so that they don't need to be "revived"? As far as I can tell, what you're talking about is a mixture of the Fanfiction Chat/Feedback thread and the Ideas and Premises thread, correct? We already have them, and if we want to start typing in the Fanfiction Chat/Feedback thread, then we're entitled to.

Sorry if I misunderstood your idea ^^;

Just I don't think there'd be much point in a thread that's going to be used for the same purpose as another thread that we have that's not being used simply because of its size and age.

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Giratina Offline

Yes and no.

It's like you said with the other two threads, Deathspector, but in addition to that we're all just talking about our fics, other people's fics, getting widespread responses to questions either for advice ('hey, do you think it would be okay is Whoeverface was the son of Sir Whoeversworth') or just because we're curious (to use something from the linked thread: 'Your characters decide to have a nice, rousing game of Dungeons and Dragons. What characters do they play, and which one is the Dungeon Master?'), and is just a general lounge (for lack of a better word) to those of us who don't feel like walking into Charrie Chat and not actually using our characters.

Do you understand it better now?

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

While you guys debate that, i'm going to post this anyway.

Scytherwolf, i'm reading Path of Destiny right now, and i'm really liking it! I'm only to chapter three, i think, but yeah. White growlithes are way cool.

Also, i like Cynder's Reign by Saturn. Like the Warrior series but better, cause Pokemon are always cooler than feral cats!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Yes and no.

It's like you said with the other two threads, Deathspector, but in addition to that we're all just talking about our fics, other people's fics, getting widespread responses to questions either for advice ('hey, do you think it would be okay is Whoeverface was the son of Sir Whoeversworth') or just because we're curious (to use something from the linked thread: 'Your characters decide to have a nice, rousing game of Dungeons and Dragons. What characters do they play, and which one is the Dungeon Master?'), and is just a general lounge (for lack of a better word) to those of us who don't feel like walking into Charrie Chat and not actually using our characters.

Do you understand it better now?
It makes sense, but I still feel we have the Fanfiction Chat/Feedback thread for something like this. I believe the Fanfiction Chat/Feedback thread was started off as something like what you're proposing, but then changed into what it is now. I'm sure there's no need to start another thread.

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Post any info regarding your or someone else's fan fic here!

I'll be posting The Gray Battlegrounds tonight, this time I plan on posting the entire thing so I can finally get going with the sequel.
Post any info. From what I can tell in Neo Pika's first post, there was never supposed to be any chatting done in the Fanfiction Chat/Feedback thread. Sure, it happened a few times over the course of one-hundred-something pages, but most of the time there was no chatting, as the name had suggested.

(vpp da)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Post any info. From what I can tell in Neo Pika's first post, there was never supposed to be any chatting done in the Fanfiction Chat/Feedback thread. Sure, it happened a few times over the course of one-hundred-something pages, but most of the time there was no chatting, as the name had suggested.
Yes there was. Trust me, within those pages, we did chat about fics. It was probably used way more until the Author's Corner came around, but generally, chatting in there was always okay.

I've read your posts, but I just don't see the need for a whole new thread. Plus honestly, that thread has quite a bit of PE2K history attached to it. I'm willing to make any adjustments or modifications to it and the first post, but I don't think the whole thing should be tossed away for a thread that's virtually the same thing just because one person wants a sticky thread with their name on it.

You guys can use it for anything fan fiction related, that's what the thread is there for. So yeah, chat about your fics, ask questions, I know there's a bit of dust that needs to be wiped off, but it could easily get back in gear.