Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default My new OU team (well, not so new tbh)

OMG. Another OU team. Quoting Starki, that my previous team had zero team synergy (that's very heartbreaking ;_;), and I hope this one has ... more than zero synergy D: I've won many battles with this team :D

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance/X-Scissor

His only purpose on my team is to pass speed boosts, and sometimes, if I'm lucky enough, two attack boosts. 252 HP to maximise Leftovers recovery, and 252 Spd & Jolly so those annoying Tricksters won't outspeed me. Sub + Protect for stalling speed boost. Protect is also for scouting Taunt-users.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I'm thinking of changing this to something else (as this thing hasn't contributed much help to my team so far). Maybe a mixed sweeper ... like Infernape/Swampert/Jirachi o:

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/212 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch

Absolutely my favorite physical sweeper. Two speed boosts from Ninjask is usually enough for her to outspeed many Pokemon. Spore so I can set up Sub, and Focus Punch something, Seed Bomb to deal massive damage to those who don't resist it. I've been having much fun sweeping with this mushroom, so she'll stay in my team no matter what you say! :V

Heatran (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dragon Pulse

My special sweeper, and Modest + Choice Specs is nasty, hands down.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 HP/252 Def/40 SAtk
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower/Thunder Wave/Ice Beam

My cleric, toxic staller, and special wall. I love to annoy people using this Blissey :9 and should I go for double status? So maybe I can remove that EV on SAtk and give it to HP/SDef?

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Rapid spinner. Nothing much to say, Thunderbolt for Gyarados, Surf for a strong STAB, Recover for ... recovery.

-Volcan-

Last edited by Volcanflame; 06-13-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Oatibix Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: My new OU team (well, not so new tbh)

I'm not a big team modders (I just play with my favorites) but with Ninjask, I don't see the need of Substitute and Protect. I would get rid of Protect and replace it with Silver wind (if you're lucky stats raise only 10% though). Oh, and keep sword dance
Old 06-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatibix View Post
I'm not a big team modders (I just play with my favorites) but with Ninjask, I don't see the need of Substitute and Protect. I would get rid of Protect and replace it with Silver wind (if you're lucky stats raise only 10% though). Oh, and keep sword dance
Thanks for the great contribution.

-Volcan-
Old 06-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

On Blissey, move all your HP EVs to SpDf. Bliss doesn't need them - 651 HP is overkill as it is. Your Bliss also wants T-Wave over Toxic so it isn't setup fodder for steel types or Poisons, and either Ice Beam or S-toss as its attacking move. If you have S-toss, you are walled by ghosts with sub, however. Not many ghosts run Sub (only Mismagius really, who is mediocre), so you might consider it so you aren't setup fodder to CMers with Subs.

Use 248 HP EVs on Ninjask so he doesn't die to 2 SR damage. He also wants X-Scissor so Taunters don't effectively kill him. If he doesn't have one, he'll be forced to switch out (or BP early) to avoid Struggling, and thus lose 50% of his health upon switching back in.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Oatibix Offline
New Trainer

I got a couple suggestions for reaplacing your Scizor. If you want a mixed sweeper, I woudl go with either Dragonite or Infernape.

Dragonite w/ Choice Band or Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EV:252 Atk/ 180 Spd/ 76 SAtk
Brave Nature(+Atk -Spd)
-Outrage/Dragon Rush (Outrage is pretty risky but I found that it was worth the risk)
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt/HP [Rock]
-Ice Beam/Aerial Ace

Pretty versatile. I would put Dragon Dance on if you were leading with Dragonite (Here I'm assuming you got BP with ninjask) so you can have a speedy powerhouse.

or skarmory. Spikes and whirlwind and whatnot
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer

To the actual state MixApe destroys your team, I would give Choice Scarf to Heatran for Revenge Kill it.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatibix View Post
I got a couple suggestions for reaplacing your Scizor. If you want a mixed sweeper, I woudl go with either Dragonite or Infernape.

Dragonite w/ Choice Band or Leftovers
EV:252 Atk/ 180 Spd/ 76 SAtk
Brave Nature(+Atk -Spd)
-Outrage/Dragon Rush (Outrage is pretty risky but I found that it was worth the risk)
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt/HP [Rock]
-Ice Beam/Aerial Ace

Pretty versatile. I would put Dragon Dance on if you were leading with Dragonite (Here I'm assuming you got BP with ninjask) so you can have a speedy powerhouse.

or skarmory. Spikes and whirlwind and whatnot
That is one inferior Salamence you have there. Dragonite needs to use the few advantages it has over Mence, or just use Mence. Also, don't use a nature that takes away from Speed on a sweeper if you can help it. Dragon Rush is a pathetic move due to its bad accuracy. This is standard MixNite.

Dragonite@Life Orb
Rash Nature (+SpAtk -SpDf)
EVs: 112 Atk/200 SpAtk/196 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Superpower
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Roost/Thunderbolt

The EVs let it OHKO Bold Bliss, T-tar, and Heatran with Superpower, which is really the only thing it has over Mence. It also outruns Jolly T-tar and defensive Celebi and Zapdos. The rest are put in SpAtk. Fire Blast is 'better' than Flamethrower, but if you hate missing (like me) you can use Flamethrower. Roost is preferred to recover off the SR damage and LO recoil, but T-blot takes out bulky waters like Suicune as well as Gyara.

Don't lead with it, since other leads will have fun setting up SR on you which means that Ninjask can't some in later and really do anything.

Swampy isn't a sweeper, he's a tank. While he can take physical hits quite nicely for your team (and you currently lack a physical tank), he won't be sweeping anything unless he uses a novelty CB set. However, he actually does make a nice addition to your team since he can take the physical hits that Blissey lures as well as other random ones. MixPert looks like this.

Swampert@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature (+Df -Spd)
EVs: 240 HP/216 Df/52 SpAtk
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam

This guy can take physical hits easy and also gives you SR, which you currently lack. Surf is preferred, but Hydro Pump has more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Loeb View Post
To the actual state MixApe destroys your team, I would give Choice Scarf to Heatran for Revenge Kill it.
Starmie is the epitome of an Infernape killer. It can switch in in both of its STABs (preferably CC), and kill with Surf after one LO recoil or SR damage (>50% chance of OHKOing anyway), and that's a Hasty MixApe. The more common Naive ones are OHKOed no matter what. It can even take a +0 Grass Knot, but has a small chance of being OHKOd with SR damage. However, if it's down, Infernape does kill the rest of your team easy. Scarfing Heatran like he said would help, so test it and see if you have problems. MixApe isn't as common (but still present) anymore due to being outsped and OHKOd by Latias and such, but is still a huge threat that can't be ignored. That said, Ninjask can BP Speed boosts to Heatran letting it outspeed pretty much anything and kill it, so Scarf might not be the best choice. Still, try it out and see if it helps at all.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 06-13-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 AM
cutter kirby Offline

Smile Re: My new OU team (well, not so new tbh)

yesterday i faced a team almost exactly like that. it might have been you. anyways i think you should put in the dragonite. and if you want to pass speed i'd go with zapdos cause it is bulkier.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post
yesterday i faced a team almost exactly like that. it might have been you. anyways i think you should put in the dragonite. and if you want to pass speed i'd go with zapdos cause it is bulkier.
Really, what's your shoddy name? And your Pokemon? I might remember you o:

Hmmmm ... I guess I'll put Dragonite in, since Breloom easily sweeps my team @_@

Oh yeah, I guess I'll change my Blissey's EV :P

-Volcan-
Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
cutter kirby Offline

Smile Re: My new OU team (well, not so new tbh)

I forgot which username i was using. i was using traineral (my backup account) and teammore (my friends account) but i remember my salamence killing the blissey with outrage and the starmie then ice beamed my salamence. i also remember in the beginning when my uxie tried to use yawn twice but your ninjask protected and subbed. the rest of my team were snorlax, togekiss, zapdos, and vaporeon.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post
I forgot which username i was using. i was using traineral (my backup account) and teammore (my friends account) but i remember my salamence killing the blissey with outrage and the starmie then ice beamed my salamence. i also remember in the beginning when my uxie tried to use yawn twice but your ninjask protected and subbed. the rest of my team were snorlax, togekiss, zapdos, and vaporeon.
Well, I never had Ice Beam on Starmie :x

-Volcan-
Old 06-15-2009, 07:48 PM
cutter kirby Offline

i faced another starmie that day. i might have mixed those 2 up.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Interestingly, you have no Ice move on your team, which means you'll will have to watch out for the Dragons, especially since the STABs of your main attackers are resisted by the most common Dragon, Salamence.

Flamer on Blissey is a very big deterrent to Scizor, who will come in and set-up in your face regardless of T-Wave due to Bullet Punch. You can consider that.

Scizor is not doing anything for your team, so take it out for something like Swampert to take physical hits and still dish out some pain.

Ninjask needs offensive move to mess around with Taunters. Go for STAB.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Jeneus Offline
Banned

Wink Re: My new OU team (well, not so new tbh)

WOW is all i have to say okay here are some tips (i have been playing pokemon for 5 years) anyways get blissy up some defence and Hp so make her a wall and put scizor up top because he is a sweeper pretty much so train his attack and speed same with breloom he deservs some speed and attack anyways all i have to say good luck
Old 06-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeneus View Post
WOW is all i have to say okay here are some tips (i have been playing pokemon for 5 years) anyways get blissy up some defence and Hp so make her a wall and put scizor up top because he is a sweeper pretty much so train his attack and speed same with breloom he deservs some speed and attack anyways all i have to say good luck
To be honest, that was an awful "rate". Regarding EVs, all you've done is tell him to do what he's already doing- what was the point in that? Next, ninjask only really works as a lead and choice sweepers make horrible leads; switching the two round would by stupid.