Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer
Default Re: Pikachu's Gender

Why would people say pikachu is a girl?
If Pikachu is a girl that means Buneary is a Lesbian =0
Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga12 View Post
Why would people say pikachu is a girl?
If Pikachu is a girl that means Buneary is a Lesbian =0
Lol could this be the start of a PG-13 Pokemon? Anyways, Pikachu can't be a girl, it has no boobs.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Loyal Kingdra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Kingdra

I highly dought Buneary is lesbian so I have to say Male.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 AM
ariel31 Offline
New Trainer

god, I cant believe some of you havnt figurded it out yet, those of you with pokemon diamond, pearl, or platinum should know this, a male pikachu is totaly strait while a female has a sort of slanted inward part I know this because I check forms between male and female to find out the differences when im bored
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
Mr. Pikabeng, you liek Pikachu right? I think you know Pika's gender (I guess)
(^^)
Actually, many Pikachu lovers don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietKoffing View Post
Lol could this be the start of a PG-13 Pokemon? Anyways, Pikachu can't be a girl, it has no boobs.
O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel31 View Post
god, I cant believe some of you havnt figurded it out yet, those of you with pokemon diamond, pearl, or platinum should know this, a male pikachu is totaly strait while a female has a sort of slanted inward part I know this because I check forms between male and female to find out the differences when im bored
And you do know that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
Response 2. Pikachu isn't a girl because it doesn't have an indent on its tail!

- Please stop using this to back up Pikachu being male... Ash's Pikachu is from the Kanto region, not Sinnoh. Those differences don't apply to the previous regions. Even if Pikachu was male, it wouldn't be because of its tail, it would be because Pikachu’s design was based of the original design of the species.
What she said.

Also forgot to add: Could Buneary be misled because of the tail? Or not really misled. The latter is what I think, because I also believe Pikachu is male. But. I actually search for evidence to prove or disprove this. So that I won't be biased.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Ash's Pikachu is a male. Eveyong thinks so, and it specifies his gender in one of the storybooks of one of the episodes I have. ;P Also, on a short interview with the girl who does Pikachu's voice, the guy talking to her doesn't say it, but he mentions something about her being a girl, whereas Pikachu's not. He doesn't say Pikachu's not a girl, but he means it but doesn't finish his sentence because the girl nods and laughs, knowing what he's gonna say and agrees.

And yeah. The female and male thing never applied up until the Sinnoh region, so clearly the whole thing didn't exist back when Ash's Pikachu's character was created.

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 06-16-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Actually, many Pikachu lovers don't.
Well, okay, I think we should wait for the confirmation of Pikachu's gender.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
I actually forgot about that. Yeah, Pikachu's a boy.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Elecii Offline

Pikachu's a boy IMO. When Dawn, her Pokemon and Pikachu cheer, All Dawn's Pokemon wear Skirts/Dresses, but Pikachu wears something different, more proof to why Pikachu's male.

i can't love you more than this
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Quote:
Anyways, Pikachu can't be a girl, it has no boobs.
^ Lol.
And why would you want to know the gender of a mouse made up of pixels? :/
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lightning View Post
^ Lol.
And why would you want to know the gender of a mouse made up of pixels? :/
I don't. The person who made this thread wants to know I guess. You can't really tell which Pokemon are girls and boys unless it's obvious. This just adds to the list of the "Pokemon's Greatest Mysteries".
Old 06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
IdentityCrisis Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
God, i can't believe how stupid you are. Gender differences didn't show in any of the previous series, so now is a pretty stupid time to start. I mean, even if Pikachu WERE female, the artists wouldn't just CUT OFF her tail! And besides, Misty, on more than one occasion, pictures Pikachu and Ash in a dress and laughs about it. Ash also calls Pikachu his buddy. Both point to Pikachu being male.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
I actually forgot about that. Yeah, Pikachu's a boy.
If you look back (even a few posts before yours), you can see that the gender differences does not mean Ash's Pikachu is male because it has the tail of a male Pikachu. As stated before in this thread, gender differences did not exist before Generation IV. Not to say that gender differences do not matter; they could have implemented it to imply that Pikachu is more likely to be male. They could be dropping us some hints. But it's still not set in stone yet. It still gives them space to change the gender they want it to be if they want to.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:45 AM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

It is a boy. You can tell because the Pokemon are usually male or female depending on the trainer, unless its a specific gender Pokemon like Happiny.

The one exception is the Aipom/Buizel thing, but seeing as they get traded to the others team, I don't believe that counts.

I also don't believe that Ash would call a female Pokemon, "Buddy."

And to top it off, in Pokemon: Lucario and the mystery of Mew, it was put in a jester costume, which means it was more than likely a male

Then there is when Dawn/May are in contests. Buneary gets in a cheerleading outfit and Pikachu is in a robe that looks like one Ash wears occasionally, which is worn usually by men in japan. You can tell its not a female robe because the female ones are thinner from head to toe
Old 06-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashketchum View Post
It is a boy. You can tell because the Pokemon are usually male or female depending on the trainer, unless its a specific gender Pokemon like Happiny.

The one exception is the Aipom/Buizel thing, but seeing as they get traded to the others team, I don't believe that counts.

I also don't believe that Ash would call a female Pokemon, "Buddy."

And to top it off, in Pokemon: Lucario and the mystery of Mew, it was put in a jester costume, which means it was more than likely a male

Then there is when Dawn/May are in contests. Buneary gets in a cheerleading outfit and Pikachu is in a robe that looks like one Ash wears occasionally, which is worn usually by men in japan. You can tell its not a female robe because the female ones are thinner from head to toe
Nice one. :3

But will the top guys accept it?