Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default The Rise of Darkrai (Ubers battle log)

I've never done a battle log before, so I hope this is good. Once I knew we could actually post these, I decided to make one from a good Ubers battle I had a while back.

Rules: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Lefties recovery is omitted. My Kyogre, my Wobbuffet, and his Wobbuffet have Lefties.
Sandstorm damage is omitted.
Life Orb recoil is omitted. His Groudon and Lucario have LO.
My comments are in bold.

Theorymon sent out Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
I sent out Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
As usual, another annoying Deoxys-s lead. Come to think of it, I don’t know when I’ve ever seen Theorymon use another lead. Oh well, time to do what Darkrai does best - Dark Void. It better not miss.
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Deoxys-e fell asleep!
Deoxys-e is fast asleep!
Deoxys-e lost 12% of its health.
: 100%
: 87% [Sleep]

And his Deoxys goes off into a deep slumber. I’m surprised that more Deoxys don’t carry Lum Berry to surprise ScarfRai leads, but this works in my favor. Well, now I have to switch out because I’m Scarfed and being locked into a move that will undoubtedly fail isn’t good. So, I go into Forretress to try and set up.
I switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Deoxys-e is fast asleep!

So he stays in to burn another turn of sleep and scout my switch because he knows I’m Scarf. Well, now that Forretress is in, I’ll set up some entry hazards to plague him with. This will also find out what he switches to since there is no way an experienced player like him will let me get up layer after layer of Spikes just to get up his own SR. Except...
Theorymon switched in Giratina-o (lvl 100 Giratina-o).
Forretress used Gyro Ball.
Giratina-o lost 20% of its health.
: 80%

I misclick. Now I still don’t have SR up and he gets in his Giratina-o at virtually no cost. Well, he’ll probably Calm Mind on me, which I can’t let happen. I want Forry for later, so I’ll go into my CM Kyogre who can CM along with him, or scare it out for threat of a powerful Ice Beam.
I switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
Giratina-o used Dragon Pulse.
Kyogre lost 40% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.
: 66%

Instead, he Dragon Pulses, which takes a chunk out of Kyogre. I kind of wish he had CMed here, so he wouldn’t know I’m not Specsed or Scarfed. Well, I don’t think he’ll be staying in for fear of even an unboosted Ice Beam, so I’ll go for the Calm Mind.
Theorymon switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Kyogre used Calm Mind.
Kyogre's special attack was raised.
Kyogre's special defence was raised.
: 72% (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDf)

And in comes the most unpredictable Uber in existence. Mew does not even compare - all it does is BP. There’s no way he can KO me, so I’ll just see what move he uses.
Palkia used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 41% of its health.
Kyogre used Calm Mind.
That went well. Now I can take another Thunder and Rest up to full health.
Palkia used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 31% of its health.
Kyogre is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Kyogre used Rest.
Kyogre fell asleep!
Kyogre restored 93% of its health.
: 100% (+2 SpAtk, +2 SpDf) [Sleep-2]

Phew, that would have really ticked me off if he got the parahax. Now, to Sleep Talk, since it’s the only thing I can really do, and it’s better than switching out. He’ll probably switch as he can’t KO my Kyogre, so I’ll get to see what he brings in.
Theorymon switched in Groudon (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Kyogre is fast asleep!
Kyogre used Sleep Talk.
Kyogre used Calm Mind.
The sun continues to shine.

And it’s a Groudon. Well, I don’t really have a good switch, so I just have to hope that Sleep Talk picks my +3 Ice Beam. I run Ice Beam over Surf so Quagsire, Parasect, and Toxicroak can’t completely wall me, and so the sun has no effect. Anyways, now to cross my fingers as I hope for the right move.
Groudon used Earthquake.
Kyogre lost 60% of its health.
Kyogre is fast asleep!
Kyogre used Sleep Talk.
Kyogre used Rest.
But it failed!
: 46% (+3 SpAtk, +3 SpDf) [Sleep-0]

Of course, it doesn’t. I want Kyogre for later, so I’ll go into Forretress since it’s my only thing that can take an EQ without losing a ton of HP. I hope Groudon can’t 2KO it, but I’m really not sure. Also hoping he doesn’t have Fire Punch to obliterate my little armored bug with.
I switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Groudon used Earthquake.
Forretress lost 42% of its health.
: 60%

Well, he can’t 2KO me, so I have a turn to do something with assuming he doesn’t have Fire Punch. Now I have 2 choices - I can set up SR which is a great option, or I can Explode to try and take out his Groudon which will definitely cause me problems otherwise. I probably should have gone for SR and left Forry as death fodder, but I went for Explosion because I was frustrated.
Forretress used Explosion.
It doesn't affect Giratina-o...
My Forretress fainted.
: Blown to smithereens
: 80%

5-6 Theorymon

And in comes Giratina for the free switch in on one of my predictable attacks, at the cost of my Forretress’ life. Well, I don’t want him setting up a bunch of Calm Minds, so I’ll go into Darkrai to scare him off.
I switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).

None of his team likes to eat Dark Pulse very much, and it does good damage to the one who isn’t hit Super Effective. So, I’ll just go with the obvious move and hope for the best.
Theorymon switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
It's not very effective...
Lucario lost 19% of its health.
: 81%

And he has a Lucario, who takes that shadowy blast like nothing with his 4x resist. Now I’m locked into it, and forced to switch. Goodbye, Kyogre, you’re the team member who I can most afford to lose. It’s not like you can take down Groudon now anyway, so you might as well serve as my death fodder.
I switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Lucario used Close Combat.
Kyogre lost 46% of its health.
My Kyogre fainted.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
: Beached whale

4-6 Theorymon

Thankfully, he didn’t SD. I’m not really sure why, but I guess I should be happy. Anyways, I’m really missing my unique Groudon I have on my other team, since he can easily take out a Lucario, even at +2. But, I don’t have him. However, Darkrai can easily take an unboosted LO Extremespeed and KO with Focus Blast.
antonioray has entered the room.

Glad he missed my fail at trying to do something with Forry. Anyways, I’ve been doing the obvious predictable move all battle, which probably gives him ease in making a switch who resists Focus Blast, like Giratina. I certainly don’t want him coming in and walling me while seting up, but I don’t want to risk doing absolutely nothing to Lucario, so I’ll take the safest option of Spacial Rend which will sort of hurt Lucario and do a lot to Giratina-o.
Darkrai used Spacial Rend.
It's super effective!
Giratina-o lost 53% of its health.
: 27%

Yes! My prediction paid off. Not only did I cripple his Giratina, he won’t be as quick to think I’ll do something obvious anymore. I’m not risking switching out, and he’ll probably just leave Giratina as death fodder, so now to Spacial Rend that annoying thing to its grave.
It's super effective!
Giratina-o lost 27% of its health.
Theorymon's Giratina-o fainted.
Theorymon switched in Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
: Decaying
: 87% [Sleep]

4-5 Theorymon

A sleeping Deo is no threat, unless it wakes up. He already has burned two turns of sleep, so I can’t be sure. Darkrai only 2Kos with Spacial Rend, but he’s the best option I have right now.
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
A critical hit!
Deoxys-e lost 88% of its health.
Theorymon's Deoxys-e fainted.
: Vulture food
: 71%

4-4 Tie

Awesome, gotta love high crit ratio moves. I now have to flee from Lucario since I can’t do anything to it with Spacial Rend. I’ll go into Wobb since I’m pretty sure he can take a +2 Crunch, or a Crunch and a Close Combat.
antonioray: woot
antonioray: scarf darkrai
antonioray: oh <censored>
Why thank you for the insightful thoughts. It’s not as if he didn’t know Darkrai was Scarfed, but random profanity is just lame.
I switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Wobbuffet lost 30% of its health.
: 76%
: 61% (-1 Df, -1 SpDf)

Once again, I’m not sure why he didn’t set up on the seemingly obvious switch. Anyways, Wobb comes into a Close Combat and takes it like the ugly blue blob it is. I really don’t know why I have it on this team since I hate it so much, but oh well. Anyways, I don’t want to risk him setting up a SD and sweeping my team here if I try to Counter, so I’ll just Encore him and hope to get lucky.
Lucario used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Wobbuffet lost 48% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Lucario got an encore!
: 36%
: 51% (-1 Df, -1 SpDf) [Encore-Crunch]

Of course not. I’ve been epically conservative this match and he knows it. He Crunches and does a chunk to Wobb. I can use it as death fodder later, so I’ll go into my Dialga to take the Crunch and rack up more LO damage.
I switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Lucario used Crunch.
Dialga lost 10% of its health.
: 90%
: 41% (-1 Df, -1 SpDf) [Encore-Crunch]

And Dialga’s iron skin is barely scathed by the attack. I assume he will switch Lucario out of harm since it can pretty much destroy the rest of my team if they are damaged a little and he can’t rely on outspeeding me. I know Draco Meteor will do massive damage to whatever switches in as well as Lucario, so I’ll just go for that.
Theorymon switched in Groudon (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
Groudon lost 80% of its health.
Theorymon's Groudon fainted.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
: Dinosaurs are extinct

4-3 Absol Power

And he decides to sacrifice Groudon to my draconic terror. It does major damage to the rest of my team, so I’m glad he did.
Theorymon switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
@#$%.
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
Wobbuffet lost 46% of its health.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat.
Dialga lost 90% of its health.
My Dialga fainted.
: Time has stopped for this guy
: 60%, and ugly as always

3-3 Tie

Even after its Special Attack is cut in half, Choice Specs Dialga takes a huge 46% from that ugly thing. Of course, it still dies, but at least it hurt that thing in the process. Now, to reveal my final Poke and let it send that sad excuse for a Pokémon to its grave.
I switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sun faded.
A sandstorm brewed!

Now, I can Crunch, Pursuit, or EQ. EQ won’t kill Wobb, who could then Counter me, so that’s out of the question. He might switch predicting the obvious Crunch, so I’ll Pursuit him and hope for the best.
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Wobbuffet lost 38% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Tyranitar got an encore!
The sandstorm rages.
: 22%

Um, OK? I’m not sure who uses non-CB non-lead T-tar, but whatever. Wobb will die next turn no matter what, so here goes nothing.
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Wobbuffet lost 22% of its health.
Theorymon's Wobbuffet fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
: 6 feet under
: 41%

3-2 Absol Power

And now he gets in Lucario for free. Time for my ugly blue heap to die. T-tar can do damage to Palkia if all else fails, so he isn’t death fodder worthy.
I switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Wobbuffet lost 31% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
My Wobbuffet fainted.
: With his twin

2-2 Tie

Okay, now I just need to go into Darkrai and Spacial Rend these guys away.
Lucario lost 31% of its health.
Theorymon's Lucario fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
: Crunched the dust

2-1 Absol Power

I’m not sure what he was thinking there. I mean, why not Extremespeed? Was he hoping for a Focus Blast miss? I’m not sure, but anyways, now all he has left is Palkia, who I obviously outspeed and can kill with Spacial Rend.
Theorymon switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
It's super effective!
Palkia lost 68% of its health.
Palkia used Surf.
Darkrai lost 72% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
: 28%
: 32%

I guess I underestimated Palkia’s Special Defense. I basically have the game won now, because even if Spacial Rend were to miss, I have T-tar who can take a Surf and KO with Crunch.
It's super effective!
Palkia lost 25% of its health.
Theorymon's Palkia fainted.
Absol Power wins!
Absol Power: gg
Theorymon: gg
Slaughtered by his signature move, Palkia tumbles down to end the match. GG Theorymon, this was my favorite battle in a long time, and it still is as of now.

2-0 Absol Power

Props:
- Not much hax
- Darkrai, for taking out a whopping 4 Pokémon as well as keeping SR off my side
- Theorymon, for the great battle

Slops:
- Misplays
- Forry got kicked out of my team after this match
- Only 40 images allowed, so sorry for leaving out a lot of sprites (and yes, I know that those sprites are of the wrong Deo and Giratina forms, so don't bug me about that)
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 06-15-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Oatibix Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: The Rise of Darkrai (Ubers battle log)

I like the way the sprites moved. Really helped with the flow of the story.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: The Rise of Darkrai (Ubers battle log)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatibix View Post
I like the way the sprites moved. Really helped with the flow of the story.
Yeah, I like the little icons better than the actual sprites. Anyways, thanks for the comment. Anyone else have anything to say?
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis