Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:22 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default URPG Ref

Yeah, a few people from the old forum should remember a program i created called URPG Ref. The latest version of it i made, is an online only version, since i didnt have time to upload a Flash .exe version of it. But thats not why i'm posting, though you can check it out here i think. Anyways...

I've started working on a new, even better version, and i must say its going well. I've worked out the main part of the code, and so far, its working perfectly. Unlike the previous versions, this will have three simple list boxes, so you can choose both Pokemon, and an Attack, then work out the damage. I hope to add a function that shows what an attack does too, like whether or not it causes Flinching, Poisoning, Parlysis, Burns, or any other effects, which can always help Refs who have never come across that attack before. If anyone could help, such as helping with the design, collecting all attack names, or even descriptions of attacks, as well as attacks base power, and any status affects, it would really help to speed things up. This will be the first real EXE Reffing program i made, and hopefully the easiest to use.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan
Default Re: URPG Ref

Holy Shizzat!! That would be freakin' awesome!! DA, you're gonna revolutionize Reffing forever...
~~"I don't want to be alone anymore..." - Eiko, Final Fantasy IX~~
Old 04-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
Holy Shizzat!! That would be freakin' awesome!! DA, you're gonna revolutionize Reffing forever...
lol Well, its having a little trouble; for some reason it wont work out the calculations. It has done, so im sure its just a bug. I'll try and get it working, but if not, i'll have to program it the long way.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-09-2004, 04:22 AM
[Fair] Offline

Send a message via AIM to [Fair]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Absol
lol Well, its having a little trouble; for some reason it wont work out the calculations. It has done, so im sure its just a bug. I'll try and get it working, but if not, i'll have to program it the long way.
If you can do this program, and make it as good as it sounds, the URPG will seriously owe you...
Old 04-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Fair]
If you can do this program, and make it as good as it sounds, the URPG will seriously owe you...
lol I dont know about that, but anyways, i got it working right. Now though, its in two modes; Physical and Special, since i couldnt get the stats to change between Attack and SpAttack, depending on the attack used... So far though, Treecko, and all its evolutions are programmed into it, along with all Physical moves beginning with A (Will hopefully have all Physical moves in the program soon). Heres a screenshot...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot1.PNG (13.1 KB, 70 views)

Old 04-13-2004, 04:31 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

cool, it finally worked for me to try again. it's good. damage is close enough. although i don't understand when you keep pressing = it might create a number that is double what it should be. what is that?
also, defence.... should be spelled defense.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-13-2004, 08:40 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

For some reason, that picture you attached have style very similar to those of Netbattle's Pokedex o_O

I luv this thing though, but I already have my own reffing machine, so tadda, though I might think of getting this as it's more convenient =P
Old 04-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
cool, it finally worked for me to try again. it's good. damage is close enough. although i don't understand when you keep pressing = it might create a number that is double what it should be. what is that?
also, defence.... should be spelled defense.

~Jack~
Thats cause the Flash one accounts for critical hits too, so sometimes it might show double damage... And, i've always spelt it as Defence for some reason... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
For some reason, that picture you attached have style very similar to those of Netbattle's Pokedex o_O

I luv this thing though, but I already have my own reffing machine, so tadda, though I might think of getting this as it's more convenient =P
Well, i'm pretty sure that NetBattle is created using Visual Basic, which is exactly what i'm using to make this new version of the Reffing Program... BTW, i fixed the little "Physical/Special Glitch" so theres no need for a Physical Mode, and a Special Mode anymore...

I had the code something like:

If AttackType = "Grass" Then
Atk = Special Attack
Def = SpDefense
Else
Atk = Attack
Def = Defense
End If

The program had a trouble assigning the Integer Atk to be the same as Attack (Or SpAttack) so i changed the code slightly...

If AttackMode = "Physical" Then
Damage.Text = ((100 * 2) / 5) * Attack) / Defense) ..etc...
End If

So, if the Attack Mode is "Special" then the calculation is similar, except it uses SpAttack instead of Attack, and SpDefense instead of Defense... Bah, i thought of that yesterday when my bro had the comp, and i was sitting around doing nothin'...

Anyways, now that the main codings working fine, i can just type out all the data, starting with Attacks, then Pokemon stats, so a Demo should be out soon...

Old 04-14-2004, 04:00 AM
[Fair] Offline

Is there any way that I can help you type all of that stuff out, Absol?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:01 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

DA, that code sounds a lot like my VB code I use for my Program. I can help.

Looks like your Final Version will beat mine since I only plan to make it insert stats and attack names from chosen Pkmn.

Below is my Curent "Demo" of my Program.

http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/br...Calculator.doc

Use "Save As" if you can't get it just by clicking. Macros must be enabled and I will work it out so its not in MS Word format soon.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

It would be great if you could help out Fair, so just talk to me next time you see me on AIM, and i'll tell you what you can help out with...

lol I dont have MS Word (Had it on an old comp, but not this one) so i cant really try the one you made (Though i'm sure someone must be able to). So, when are you planning on working it out? I'm sure its great, so i really want to try it out, but like i said; dont have MS Word...

Anyways, Attacks beginning with A and B are now added, as well as the first 3 starters and all their evolutions. Pokemon Stats are quicker to type out than Attacks, so thats why i'm doing the Attacks first. Once i get down to about M in the Attacks, i'll start adding more Pokemon till i reach about 50 (Delcatty i believe) then maybe i'll release a Demo...

Old 04-15-2004, 01:13 AM
[Fair] Offline

Great! I'll track you down!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Fair]
Great! I'll track you down!
Just do whatever you can, and thanks...

Old 04-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Mr Cat Dog Offline
New Trainer

Location: Why are looking? Are youi going to come and stalk me or something?
Send a message via AIM to Mr Cat Dog Send a message via MSN to Mr Cat Dog

If I could be any help, *watches everyone stare at the helpful n00b* I have a guide of all attacks, base stats and everything which I could help you out with. Just AIM or PM me for details. I'm happy to help!