Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Forum Layout

Ok, the new sub-boards make the forum more organized and all, but it looks kind of crammed imo. Everything crammed into a "Mixed Boards" and "Other Boards" board is too disorganized. I suggest a new layout.

An Entertainment board with sub-boards would be nice. Sub Boards would be: Games, Movies, Music, Literature, Computers etc...

A board that includes: Art, writing, etc... as sub-boards would be nice.

Make it anyway you want, as long as the disorganization of the "mixed boards" and "other boards" are abolished.

Hopefully other people will side with me on this, cuz one of the reasons I liked the Shack is because of its sleek layout. I'm not saying we should copy the shack or anything, just make PE2K's layout better. It'd give me another reason to stay here anyway. =P
__________________

Last edited by Nefarious; 10-30-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Forum Layout

I doubt we'll get any news layouts any time soon. Seeing as how we have the list at the bottom we can pick from.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisuma-Teichou
I doubt we'll get any news layouts any time soon. Seeing as how we have the list at the bottom we can pick from.
Actually I'm talking about how the boards are arranged. Not the skins. Unless i misunderstood you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Caite-chan's Avatar
Caite-chan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VPP: Kinklang! - 5,290
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Forum Layout

I was going for the skins because I saw the word lay-out...lol. But I still don't think Ryan will do anything more about the lay-out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:16 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
Ok, the new sub-boards make the forum more organized and all, but it looks kind of crammed imo. Everything crammed into a "Mixed Boards" and "Other Boards" board is too disorganized. I suggest a new layout.

An Entertainment board with sub-boards would be nice. Sub Boards would be: Games, Movies, Music, Literature, Computers etc...

A board that includes: Art, writing, etc... as sub-boards would be nice.

Make it anyway you want, as long as the disorganization of the "mixed boards" and "other boards" are abolished.

Hopefully other people will side with me on this, cuz one of the reasons I liked the Shack is because of its sleek layout. I'm not saying we should copy the shack or anything, just make PE2K's layout better. It'd give me another reason to stay here anyway. =P
There's not enough activity in Other: Entertainment to justify more boards like, a board for music, a board for literature, and a board for movies, etc. That's why they are combined into one Other: Entertainment board to begin with.

And again, I'm trying to keep the list of boards as minimal as I could, so you don't have to go to like 50 different boards just to browse around the forum. It also cuts down the loading time on the main page with the sub-boards listed the way they are. The way we have it now, we cut down the stuff you need to load on the main page by half.

And it's not much different than what we had before. We use to have all the Mixed boards listed, and all the Other Boards listed. The only difference now, they are still listed, but listed as sub-boards. You can still click on Mixed/Other Boards, and get the listing of boards, complete with descriptions and last post details.

Sure it looks crammed, but it's organized this way, you know where all the Mixed boards are, and you know where all the Other boards are. I don't expect every single person to like this new board layout, but overall, I think it works better. So yea, that's my reasoning for doing it the way I did.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Forum Layout

Yeah I guess it's ok for now. But when we get more activity, and or something else happens, then you should consider changing it. ;)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:34 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
Yeah I guess it's ok for now. But when we get more activity, and or something else happens, then you should consider changing it. ;)
Right, those things really depends what happens. Just because it works out now, doesn't mean it will work out in the future, so we change depending on what happens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Forum Layout

Ok I just had a layout idea. It's just a suggestion I'm not demanding it be made or anything. Just look it over and if you don't like it you can discard it or change it the way you want and stuff.

Intro Boards
-Announcements
-Pokemon News
-Questions/Feedback to Webmaster

Main boards
-General Pokemon Chat
-Pokemon Games
Sub Board: Game Boy games
Sub-Sub Boards: Game Boy Games: Fire Red/Leaf Green, Game Boy Games: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Game Boy Games: RBY/GSC
Sub Board: N64 & Gamecube
Sub Board: Pokemon Trading Card Game
Sub Board: Strategies and Movesets
-Pokemon TV Shows and Movies

Other Boards
-Role Play
Sub Board: Pokemon Role Play
Sub Board: Other Role Play
-Trivia/Games
Sub board: Pokemon Trivia/Games
Sub Board: Other Trivia/Games
-Fan Fiction
Sub Board: Pokemon Fan Fiction
Sub Board: Other Fan Fiction
-Voting Polls
Sub board: Pokemon Voting Polls
Sub Board: Other Voting Polls
-Art
Sub Board: Graphics Art
Sub Board: Fan Art/Original Art
-Entertainment
Sub Board: Anime/Manga
Sub Board: Games/Cards
Sub Board: Computers
Sub Board: Other Entertainment (Movies, TV, and other stuff like that will go here)
-Other
Sub Board: Groups/Clubs
Sub Board: Foreign Languages
Sub Board: Written Work (Maybe make the fan fiction board an all writing board)
Sub Board: Discussion
-Other Chat

URPG
-Ultra RPG General
Sub Board: Ultra RPG: Marketplace
-URPG: Battles
-URPG: Forum Battles
-URPG: Stories
-URPG: Trainer's court

So that's it. You can take it and tweak it however you like or not use it at all. I just wanted to get my ideas out there to see if anybody else liked them. =)

Oh and if we do it this way, we'd have less boards than we do now. We currently have 21 and my way makes it so we have 19. Not much of a difference but it's still better if we have less boards on the main forum.
__________________

Last edited by Nefarious; 11-01-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
Ok I just had a layout idea. It's just a suggestion I'm not demanding it be made or anything. Just look it over and if you don't like it you can discard it or change it the way you want and stuff.

Intro Boards
-Announcements
-Pokemon News
-Questions/Feedback to Webmaster

Main boards
-General Pokemon Chat
-Pokemon Games
Sub Board: Game Boy games
Sub-Sub Boards: Game Boy Games: Fire Red/Leaf Green, Game Boy Games: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Game Boy Games: RBY/GSC
Sub Board: N64 & Gamecube
Sub Board: Pokemon Trading Card Game
Sub Board: Strategies and Movesets
-Pokemon TV Shows and Movies

Other Boards
-Role Play
Sub Board: Pokemon Role Play
Sub Board: Other Role Play
-Trivia/Games
Sub board: Pokemon Trivia/Games
Sub Board: Other Trivia/Games
-Fan Fiction
Sub Board: Pokemon Fan Fiction
Sub Board: Other Fan Fiction
-Voting Polls
Sub board: Pokemon Voting Polls
Sub Board: Other Voting Polls
-Art
Sub Board: Graphics Art
Sub Board: Fan Art/Original Art
-Entertainment
Sub Board: Anime/Manga
Sub Board: Games/Cards
Sub Board: Computers
Sub Board: Other Entertainment (Movies, TV, and other stuff like that will go here)
-Other
Sub Board: Groups/Clubs
Sub Board: Foreign Languages
Sub Board: Written Work (Maybe make the fan fiction board an all writing board)
Sub Board: Discussion
-Other Chat

URPG
-Ultra RPG General
Sub Board: Ultra RPG: Marketplace
-URPG: Battles
-URPG: Forum Battles
-URPG: Stories
-URPG: Trainer's court

So that's it. You can take it and tweak it however you like or not use it at all. I just wanted to get my ideas out there to see if anybody else liked them. =)

Oh and if we do it this way, we'd have less boards than we do now. We currently have 21 and my way makes it so we have 19. Not much of a difference but it's still better if we have less boards on the main forum.
Well, everyone has their own ideas on how the boards should be layed out, for now, I can only say suggestion noted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Well, everyone has their own ideas on how the boards should be layed out, for now, I can only say suggestion noted.
Well so far I haven't seen anybody's ideas on what layout they want. So as far as I'm concerned, nobody really cares about what layout we have except me. If nobody objects to that layout, and that layout is better than the current one, then don't you think we should use it?

I know you said voting on one wouldn't work, but if you look in the voting polls board you will see that I did it myself. 1 person hated the new layout while 3 more thought it could be much better. 1 didn't care what it was as long as they knew were everything was, and one other person only voted yes because he didn't see the old layout in the first place.

All I'm saying is, if people beleive that the layout can be better, and someone comes forth with a better layout which no one objects to, then it's be only logical to use that layout.

But I also think you should ask some other people on what they think. Don't just let people come to you, you have to do it yourself sometimes. =P And as the poll I made shows, it isn' only me who wants a better layout, it is other people also. Nobody will complain if the layout is better, they'd be happy that things are more organized. And like I said before, we can tweak that layout that I posted as many times as we can to make it perfect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-03-2005, 04:36 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
Well so far I haven't seen anybody's ideas on what layout they want. So as far as I'm concerned, nobody really cares about what layout we have except me. If nobody objects to that layout, and that layout is better than the current one, then don't you think we should use it?

I know you said voting on one wouldn't work, but if you look in the voting polls board you will see that I did it myself. 1 person hated the new layout while 3 more thought it could be much better. 1 didn't care what it was as long as they knew were everything was, and one other person only voted yes because he didn't see the old layout in the first place.

All I'm saying is, if people beleive that the layout can be better, and someone comes forth with a better layout which no one objects to, then it's be only logical to use that layout.

But I also think you should ask some other people on what they think. Don't just let people come to you, you have to do it yourself sometimes. =P And as the poll I made shows, it isn' only me who wants a better layout, it is other people also. Nobody will complain if the layout is better, they'd be happy that things are more organized. And like I said before, we can tweak that layout that I posted as many times as we can to make it perfect.
You said "If nobody objects to that layout, and that layout is better than the current one, then don't you think we should use it?"

What is "better" is a matter of opinion. I think you're a little bias towards yours, lol?

Anyways, the layout we have works fine, and there's no major complaints, as announced in the thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=11723

Also, this layout gives me more flexibility to add more boards in the future. In your layout, there's many different sections. I rather have ALL the other boards, in other boards, and all the mixed boards, in mixed boards. Not all of them mixed around everywhere.

If this forum WASN'T a primarily a Pokemon forum, I would agree with your logic on you forum layout. But because this is a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is the focus. So any mixed boards and other boards will be grouped together, and not meshed with the Pokemon boards.

I definitely see your reasons, but I have mine as well (as stated above). Like they say, there's a million ways to skin a cat, I just so happen to choose this way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Forum Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
You said "If nobody objects to that layout, and that layout is better than the current one, then don't you think we should use it?"

What is "better" is a matter of opinion. I think you're a little bias towards yours, lol?

Anyways, the layout we have works fine, and there's no major complaints, as announced in the thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=11723

Also, this layout gives me more flexibility to add more boards in the future. In your layout, there's many different sections. I rather have ALL the other boards, in other boards, and all the mixed boards, in mixed boards. Not all of them mixed around everywhere.

If this forum WASN'T a primarily a Pokemon forum, I would agree with your logic on you forum layout. But because this is a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is the focus. So any mixed boards and other boards will be grouped together, and not meshed with the Pokemon boards.

I definitely see your reasons, but I have mine as well (as stated above). Like they say, there's a million ways to skin a cat, I just so happen to choose this way.
Well how about something like, take the roleplaying boards and name the main board Pokemon Role Play. And then for a sub-board you'd have other Roleplay. The main one would still be pokemon so you're sticking to mainly pokemon. And mayby Get a board called "Fun Stuff" or something and put Roleplay, Trivia/Games, and other stuff. And another main board called "Get Creative" and put Art, Written Work, Fan Fic and stuff like that in there. I mean it's better than the one we have now imo, it's mainly pokemon, since the main boards are pokemon and the sub-boards are other stuff, and they allow for future boards. =)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com