Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

(I might have a go at reading that fic! :D)

I wanted to ask a question...I think there should be a question thread here. x3

Now, of course I know (and so do all writers) that you can't have two characters' speech on the same line, but what about thoughts? I haven't seen anything on Google about this, and I ave noticed that a lot of people use other characters' thoughts on the same line as others' speech. I think it would be wrong to have two characters' thoughts on the same line, but...yeah.

Answers/comments? Thanks. :P

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
(I might have a go at reading that fic! :D)

I wanted to ask a question...I think there should be a question thread here. x3

Now, of course I know (and so do all writers) that you can't have two characters' speech on the same line, but what about thoughts? I haven't seen anything on Google about this, and I ave noticed that a lot of people use other characters' thoughts on the same line as others' speech. I think it would be wrong to have two characters' thoughts on the same line, but...yeah.

Answers/comments? Thanks. :P

~Xanthe.
I think the rule should be the same as if a character is talking.

Without clearly stating whose thought is whose, it could become really confusing.

Yet, is it up to you whether you use my advice or not. :3

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
I think the rule should be the same as if a character is talking.

Without clearly stating whose thought is whose, it could become really confusing.

Yet, is it up to you whether you use my advice or not. :3
Okay, thanks. :P I think I'll just treat it like speech, then. :P

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Syrynn Offline

Send a message via AIM to Syrynn Send a message via MSN to Syrynn

I recently added my rookie fanfiction debut entitled Feral Game. I have five chapters done thus far, and as always, critique, thoughts, and overall comments are highly appreciated.

Feral Game (Rated PG-13)

On a side note, nice to meet everyone on PE2K! :D
Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrynn View Post
I recently added my rookie fanfiction debut entitled Feral Game. I have five chapters done thus far, and as always, critique, thoughts, and overall comments are highly appreciated.

Feral Game (Rated PG-13)

On a side note, nice to meet everyone on PE2K! :D
Really, I would recommend for people to read this. :P It's really awesome, well written and somewhat original. 0w0

And nice to have you here. ^^ Thanks for choosing PE2K.

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth

Whispers in the Dark

I'd... I dunno, like to see what people think. There are a good deal of views, but not a huge amount of comments. Actually, there are... zero comments. xD

It's a very, very AU Death Note fanfiction....

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
Whispers in the Dark

I'd... I dunno, like to see what people think. There are a good deal of views, but not a huge amount of comments. Actually, there are... zero comments. xD

It's a very, very AU Death Note fanfiction....
I would read it, really, but I only read Pokemon fan fics. ^^' And I don't know what 'Death Note' is, so yeah. xD Sorry!

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer

Somebody please rate one of my chapters....

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...77#post2709077

Nobody has replied in almost 2 months. I refuse to post the next chapter until I get another reply.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Syrynn Offline

Send a message via AIM to Syrynn Send a message via MSN to Syrynn

Chapter Eight of Feral Game is up!

Let the stories be told!

And CR, it's generally poor practice to withhold chapters over lack of attention. :(
Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Silvyre Offline
Experienced Trainer

After a few months of hiatus, I'm back and I just started writing the next chapters for my fic :3 I'd love it if someone were to read the latest chapter.

Also, I've been looking for someone to, say, "professionally" rate the fic. Again, it's called Behind the Eyes of Cipher. I would love it if people could give me feedback, constructive criticism, whatever it may be. I like to improve things... a lot. xD

Thanks!

Banner by Arate || Behind the Eyes of Cipher
Look at its beauty! <--- Made by WWotS, fellow lover of Shadow Lugia. :o
Old 06-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Hi! I'm currently writing a fan-fiction called Lunar Destinies, which expands upon the story of the struggle between Darkrai and Cresselia that was introduced in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. However, it takes place in the Human/Pokemon world and will take the main characters to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I would like some nice, well-intentioned feedback. I don't do well with heavy critisism.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Giratina Offline

Been a while, Fanfic Chat.

Anyway, Charmander, the basic premise sounds pretty interesting to me. Darkrai and Cresselia's interactions have always been fun to watch for me, and digging deeper into it would certainly be something I would enjoy. However, I think it would probably be best to limit it to one (or maybe two) regions - zooming all over the world could make for a very confusing setting, and if the characters want to be Pogermans Masters and they need to run through all four Regions... it probably wouldn't be completed. I think you could rework some of the events in the different Regions just to fit in the various nooks and crannies of one - and if some minor changes would need to be made to make them fit well, it's better than running from the east end of Kanto all the way to Mauville to find another clue, now isn't it?

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Been a while, Fanfic Chat.

Anyway, Charmander, the basic premise sounds pretty interesting to me. Darkrai and Cresselia's interactions have always been fun to watch for me, and digging deeper into it would certainly be something I would enjoy. However, I think it would probably be best to limit it to one (or maybe two) regions - zooming all over the world could make for a very confusing setting, and if the characters want to be Pogermans Masters and they need to run through all four Regions... it probably wouldn't be completed. I think you could rework some of the events in the different Regions just to fit in the various nooks and crannies of one - and if some minor changes would need to be made to make them fit well, it's better than running from the east end of Kanto all the way to Mauville to find another clue, now isn't it?
Hmm, thanks for the feedback, Giratina. This won't be a Trainer Fic or a PMD fic, but I'll work on the idea of running from region to region. I was looking for a way to unite the PokeWorld into one story in a way that hopefully won't be confusing. At any rate, my characters won't be visiting every single town that exist there. That would suck to write all that >_< (head hurts just thinking abou it)
Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 AM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

Okay, I need some feedback on my Fic. It is a trainer fic, but not your average: Trainer gets first Pokemon from professor, takes the Gym Challenge, wins, and becomes champion. No… that would be boring. In this Fic, Devan Ketchum, Ash Ketchum’s older brother has these dreams about a Legendary Pokemon. However, he soon finds out those weren’t dreams… the Legendary Pokemon was trying to communicate with Devan in his sleep so that he could awaken him.

Anyway, Devan gets caught up in the controversy between Team Magma and Aqua, ends up trying to stop Team Rocket and a new Team Blackwave. He even travels to Sinnoh and meets his brother for the first time ever. He helps him take down Team Galactic sooner or later... or they try to. Not to mention, their dad will be introduced in this! *Gasp*

I recommend you to read the Prologue first so that you grasp the fact that this won’t just be your average Trainer Fic and then read the first chapter which gives you that fresh new trainer feel. At the same time, you’ll read something intriguing in the beginning of the first chapter.

The title of the fic is “Pokemon Amethyst,” please give as much feedback as you can…
Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Rye Offline
New Trainer

I am currently writing a pokemon fic about, idk, psychics and Pokemon connections in a world with no Poke Balls. The Pokemon are wild. And the psychics have to protect the people. blah blah blah.

I'm really excited about it actually. ^_^