Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2386  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

(I might have a go at reading that fic! :D)

I wanted to ask a question...I think there should be a question thread here. x3

Now, of course I know (and so do all writers) that you can't have two characters' speech on the same line, but what about thoughts? I haven't seen anything on Google about this, and I ave noticed that a lot of people use other characters' thoughts on the same line as others' speech. I think it would be wrong to have two characters' thoughts on the same line, but...yeah.

Answers/comments? Thanks. :P

~Xanthe.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #2387  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
(I might have a go at reading that fic! :D)

I wanted to ask a question...I think there should be a question thread here. x3

Now, of course I know (and so do all writers) that you can't have two characters' speech on the same line, but what about thoughts? I haven't seen anything on Google about this, and I ave noticed that a lot of people use other characters' thoughts on the same line as others' speech. I think it would be wrong to have two characters' thoughts on the same line, but...yeah.

Answers/comments? Thanks. :P

~Xanthe.
I think the rule should be the same as if a character is talking.

Without clearly stating whose thought is whose, it could become really confusing.

Yet, is it up to you whether you use my advice or not. :3
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #2388  
Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
I think the rule should be the same as if a character is talking.

Without clearly stating whose thought is whose, it could become really confusing.

Yet, is it up to you whether you use my advice or not. :3
Okay, thanks. :P I think I'll just treat it like speech, then. :P

~Xanthe.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #2389  
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Syrynn's Avatar
Syrynn Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 33
Send a message via AIM to Syrynn Send a message via MSN to Syrynn
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

I recently added my rookie fanfiction debut entitled Feral Game. I have five chapters done thus far, and as always, critique, thoughts, and overall comments are highly appreciated.

Feral Game (Rated PG-13)

On a side note, nice to meet everyone on PE2K! :D
Reply With Quote
  #2390  
Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrynn View Post
I recently added my rookie fanfiction debut entitled Feral Game. I have five chapters done thus far, and as always, critique, thoughts, and overall comments are highly appreciated.

Feral Game (Rated PG-13)

On a side note, nice to meet everyone on PE2K! :D
Really, I would recommend for people to read this. :P It's really awesome, well written and somewhat original. 0w0

And nice to have you here. ^^ Thanks for choosing PE2K.

~Xanthe.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #2391  
Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Scourge of Amaranth's Avatar
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I swear I'm not
Posts: 1,627
Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Whispers in the Dark

I'd... I dunno, like to see what people think. There are a good deal of views, but not a huge amount of comments. Actually, there are... zero comments. xD

It's a very, very AU Death Note fanfiction....
__________________

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Reply With Quote
  #2392  
Old 05-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
Whispers in the Dark

I'd... I dunno, like to see what people think. There are a good deal of views, but not a huge amount of comments. Actually, there are... zero comments. xD

It's a very, very AU Death Note fanfiction....
I would read it, really, but I only read Pokemon fan fics. ^^' And I don't know what 'Death Note' is, so yeah. xD Sorry!

~Xanthe.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #2393  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Um...I know this one!
Posts: 161
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Somebody please rate one of my chapters....

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...77#post2709077

Nobody has replied in almost 2 months. I refuse to post the next chapter until I get another reply.
__________________
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code:
4511-3210-7707
Reply With Quote
  #2394  
Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Syrynn's Avatar
Syrynn Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 33
Send a message via AIM to Syrynn Send a message via MSN to Syrynn
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Chapter Eight of Feral Game is up!

Let the stories be told!

And CR, it's generally poor practice to withhold chapters over lack of attention. :(
Reply With Quote
  #2395  
Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Silvyre's Avatar
Silvyre Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a hole..
Posts: 175
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

After a few months of hiatus, I'm back and I just started writing the next chapters for my fic :3 I'd love it if someone were to read the latest chapter.

Also, I've been looking for someone to, say, "professionally" rate the fic. Again, it's called Behind the Eyes of Cipher. I would love it if people could give me feedback, constructive criticism, whatever it may be. I like to improve things... a lot. xD

Thanks!
__________________


Banner by Arate || Behind the Eyes of Cipher
Look at its beauty! <--- Made by WWotS, fellow lover of Shadow Lugia. :o
Reply With Quote
  #2396  
Old 06-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Hi! I'm currently writing a fan-fiction called Lunar Destinies, which expands upon the story of the struggle between Darkrai and Cresselia that was introduced in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. However, it takes place in the Human/Pokemon world and will take the main characters to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I would like some nice, well-intentioned feedback. I don't do well with heavy critisism.
Reply With Quote
  #2397  
Old 07-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Giratina's Avatar
Giratina Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Never-Turn-Back, pestering Zero
Posts: 2,673
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Been a while, Fanfic Chat.

Anyway, Charmander, the basic premise sounds pretty interesting to me. Darkrai and Cresselia's interactions have always been fun to watch for me, and digging deeper into it would certainly be something I would enjoy. However, I think it would probably be best to limit it to one (or maybe two) regions - zooming all over the world could make for a very confusing setting, and if the characters want to be Pogermans Masters and they need to run through all four Regions... it probably wouldn't be completed. I think you could rework some of the events in the different Regions just to fit in the various nooks and crannies of one - and if some minor changes would need to be made to make them fit well, it's better than running from the east end of Kanto all the way to Mauville to find another clue, now isn't it?
__________________

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Reply With Quote
  #2398  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Been a while, Fanfic Chat.

Anyway, Charmander, the basic premise sounds pretty interesting to me. Darkrai and Cresselia's interactions have always been fun to watch for me, and digging deeper into it would certainly be something I would enjoy. However, I think it would probably be best to limit it to one (or maybe two) regions - zooming all over the world could make for a very confusing setting, and if the characters want to be Pogermans Masters and they need to run through all four Regions... it probably wouldn't be completed. I think you could rework some of the events in the different Regions just to fit in the various nooks and crannies of one - and if some minor changes would need to be made to make them fit well, it's better than running from the east end of Kanto all the way to Mauville to find another clue, now isn't it?
Hmm, thanks for the feedback, Giratina. This won't be a Trainer Fic or a PMD fic, but I'll work on the idea of running from region to region. I was looking for a way to unite the PokeWorld into one story in a way that hopefully won't be confusing. At any rate, my characters won't be visiting every single town that exist there. That would suck to write all that >_< (head hurts just thinking abou it)
Reply With Quote
  #2399  
Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 AM
ashketchum Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Say Aah Island
Posts: 2,356
Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Okay, I need some feedback on my Fic. It is a trainer fic, but not your average: Trainer gets first Pokemon from professor, takes the Gym Challenge, wins, and becomes champion. No… that would be boring. In this Fic, Devan Ketchum, Ash Ketchum’s older brother has these dreams about a Legendary Pokemon. However, he soon finds out those weren’t dreams… the Legendary Pokemon was trying to communicate with Devan in his sleep so that he could awaken him.

Anyway, Devan gets caught up in the controversy between Team Magma and Aqua, ends up trying to stop Team Rocket and a new Team Blackwave. He even travels to Sinnoh and meets his brother for the first time ever. He helps him take down Team Galactic sooner or later... or they try to. Not to mention, their dad will be introduced in this! *Gasp*

I recommend you to read the Prologue first so that you grasp the fact that this won’t just be your average Trainer Fic and then read the first chapter which gives you that fresh new trainer feel. At the same time, you’ll read something intriguing in the beginning of the first chapter.

The title of the fic is “Pokemon Amethyst,” please give as much feedback as you can…
Reply With Quote
  #2400  
Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Rye's Avatar
Rye Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

I am currently writing a pokemon fic about, idk, psychics and Pokemon connections in a world with no Poke Balls. The Pokemon are wild. And the psychics have to protect the people. blah blah blah.

I'm really excited about it actually. ^_^
__________________
The End.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com