Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: dawn, brock and ash's pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

Nah, I doubt it, otherwise I'm sure most of Ash's pokemon would have evolved by now.

Predictions:

Ash:
Pikachu - Done.
Staraptor - Done.
Monferno - Confirmed, and I can't see it evolving into Infernape until the Battle Frontier. Infernape is actually quite likely before Dawn leaves.
Grotle - Paul has Torterra as his main Pokemon. What's wrong with Torterra vs Torterra?
Buizel - I'd actually prefer Floatzel, but I doubt it'll evolve. If it stays even after the season, it'll evolve. Otherwise, no.
Gliscor - Done.

Dawn:
Piplup - Everstone. Could mature a little however, and decide it's ready to evolve. This I'm not sure. >_>
Lopunny - Seems pretty happy. But I doubt the writers take that into account. It should stay, at least until Ash leaves. There's Ash's Pikachu to be with, you know... Unless its personality changes on evolving. If it doesn't evolve, it'll definitely stay.
Pachirisu - Done.
Mamoswine - Done.
Leafeon - Yet to get a grass type, and could parallel May's. Would like her to catch it as a Leafeon though. No more Eevees. Unfortunately, there's a higher chance of it being an Eevee first. >_>

Brock:
Croagunk/Toxicroak - Could go either way. But its rivalry with Saturn's Toxicroak could indicate it's staying as Croagunk. True. I don't think it'll evolve.
Blissey - Could become somewhat nanny-like and care for the younger Pokemon. Chansey would be enough, but what the heck. Though I doubt it'd evolve until after Dawn leaves. Remember Bonsly?
Sudowoodo - Done.
My comments in bold.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
My comments in bold.
Monferno - That's what I meant. It'll evolve into Infernape in the filler saga. Dawn will still be present.
Grotle - Well, Grotle has just relieved it's problems regarding speed, and movement, by learning Rock Climb. Ash tends to favour faster Pokemon, and I just can't see Torterra fitting.
Buizel - I don't really see it evolving. It'll be like the Corphish/Totodile imo. It just doesn't gain any significant advantages when evolving: it looks the same; and Buizel is already fast and powerful.

Piplup - Yeah, that was just me being optimistic. Ahah. :L
Lopunny - It's relationship with Pikachu is dull, I'd like to see it mature a little. Besides, now it's Dawn's only normal type.
Leafeon - Yeah, probably. But in that case, they'd have to travel to the Moss Rock, which is away in Eterna City. Unless they change its location.

Croagunk - Yer, I think it's staying as it is.
Blissey - Wouldn't Chansey be an insult to Brock's breeding skills though, considering it evolves by happiness. If it does, I could see it evolving relatively quickley into its final form. Oh, and the Bonsly case makes no sense. Bonsly was caught in the 3rd gen filler saga, introduced to promote Sinnoh. It was revealed much earlier than Happiny, hence why it was taken to 4th gen, and evolved there. Happiny isn't a 5th gen Pokemon, so probably won't be coming to 5th gen land, and therefore would have to evolve between now, and the end of the Battle Frontier.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

Monferno - That's what I meant. It'll evolve into Infernape in the filler saga. Dawn will still be present. Sure? :O
Grotle - Well, Grotle has just relieved it's problems regarding speed, and movement, by learning Rock Climb. Ash tends to favour faster Pokemon, and I just can't see Torterra fitting. Well, Ash is OK with any Pokemon, so I don't see why. :|
Buizel - I don't really see it evolving. It'll be like the Corphish/Totodile imo. It just doesn't gain any significant advantages when evolving: it looks the same; and Buizel is already fast and powerful. I was expecting Kingler... XP

Lopunny - It's relationship with Pikachu is dull, I'd like to see it mature a little. Besides, now it's Dawn's only normal type. So it'll stay. But whether it evolves... is something else. :O
Leafeon - Yeah, probably. But in that case, they'd have to travel to the Moss Rock, which is away in Eterna City. Unless they change its location. Or if they go there...

Blissey - Wouldn't Chansey be an insult to Brock's breeding skills though, considering it evolves by happiness. If it does, I could see it evolving relatively quickley into its final form. Oh, and the Bonsly case makes no sense. Bonsly was caught in the 3rd gen filler saga, introduced to promote Sinnoh. It was revealed much earlier than Happiny, hence why it was taken to 4th gen, and evolved there. Happiny isn't a 5th gen Pokemon, so probably won't be coming to 5th gen land, and therefore would have to evolve between now, and the end of the Battle Frontier. A Baby's a Baby. Oh well. :|
I have some comments in bold.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
I have some comments in bold.
Umm, pretty weak arguements, but yeah:

Grotle - I suppose, but I don't see both starters reaching their final forms, and I think Infernape seems more likely. In that case, it means Paul would have Torterra, Jun would have Empoleon, and Ash would have Infernape.
Buizel - Yer, but Kingler isn't considered a regional water-type, in the sense that it did not travel with Ash. I'd prefer Totodile to return in the filler saga, and have him evolve there.

Lopunny - Don't quite understand what you're saying. I meant it would mature, evolve, and develop into her main appealer now that Ambipom is absent.
Leafeon - Why would they travel to Eterna with no reasoning? It would be redundant considering they relocated the Old Chateau near Canavale, which could have been a possible purpose to travel there.

Blissey - Umm, that doesn't mean they'll rehash the same storyline. :S
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

Umm, pretty weak arguements, but yeah:

Grotle - I suppose, but I don't see both starters reaching their final forms, and I think Infernape seems more likely. In that case, it means Paul would have Torterra, Jun would have Empoleon, and Ash would have Infernape. That would make more sense.
Buizel - Yer, but Kingler isn't considered a regional water-type, in the sense that it did not travel with Ash. I'd prefer Totodile to return in the filler saga, and have him evolve there. You have to consider the possibility that Ash won't store his Pokemon after Sinnoh until another season or two. Best time for Buizel to evolve.

Lopunny - Don't quite understand what you're saying. I meant it would mature, evolve, and develop into her main appealer now that Ambipom is absent. Thing is, will it leave afterwards because of something? That's the only thing left.
Leafeon - Why would they travel to Eterna with no reasoning? It would be redundant considering they relocated the Old Chateau near Canavale, which could have been a possible purpose to travel there. A Leaf Stone, then?

Blissey - Umm, that doesn't mean they'll rehash the same storyline. :S But they have done that before. A lot of times, I might add. >_>
More comments in bold.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
More comments in bold.
Buizel - I was taking into account the next filler season when regarding the evolutions. I honestly think Buizel and Gliscor will be left at Oak's after Sinnoh, much like Torkoal and Glalie. That way, Totodile could return, similar to Phanpy, as it really requires redemption. Also, if the Gold/Silver remake rumours are infact true, recalling Totodile would be the perfect way to advertise the new games.

Lopunny - Nah, I don't beleive it will leave. It'll probably go with Dawn to the filler saga (most likely the Battle Frontier) and evolve there. I can see Pachirisu being deposited at her mum's though.
Leafeon - Umm, I know people say that the anime =/= games, but I doubt they'd invent new methods of evolving existing pokemon. Although leaf stone does make sense. Besides, May's Glaceon evolved in the presence of the ice rock, so we know that the stones could be implemented.

Blissey - I suppose, but that storyline occured only last generation. They usually recycle the older ones. For example, Sinnoh has already reused the Primeape scenario in the form of Ambipom's departure, and also Turtwig's and Chimchar's captures were similar to Bulbasaur and Charmander's, respectively. I'd prefer if they did something entirely unique with Happiny tbh.

This could last a while. :x
Old 05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

Buizel - I was taking into account the next filler season when regarding the evolutions. I honestly think Buizel and Gliscor will be left at Oak's after Sinnoh, much like Torkoal and Glalie. That way, Totodile could return, similar to Phanpy, as it really requires redemption. Also, if the Gold/Silver remake rumours are infact true, recalling Totodile would be the perfect way to advertise the new games. That doesn't mean he would leave it behind, y'know.

Lopunny - Nah, I don't beleive it will leave. It'll probably go with Dawn to the filler saga (most likely the Battle Frontier) and evolve there. I can see Pachirisu being deposited at her mum's though. And since when did I say that I believed it would leave? >_>
Leafeon - Umm, I know people say that the anime =/= games, but I doubt they'd invent new methods of evolving existing pokemon. Although leaf stone does make sense. Besides, May's Glaceon evolved in the presence of the ice rock, so we know that the stones could be implemented. Hey, wait. Will she really get a Leafeon...? Ah well, let's just leave it at that. :|

Blissey - I suppose, but that storyline occured only last generation. They usually recycle the older ones. For example, Sinnoh has already reused the Primeape scenario in the form of Ambipom's departure, and also Turtwig's and Chimchar's captures were similar to Bulbasaur and Charmander's, respectively. I'd prefer if they did something entirely unique with Happiny tbh. Like, who wouldn't? And older stuff seemed more popular back then, so that could be the reason they recycled them...

This could last a while. :x
Yep, it really would last for some time, at least. X|
Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
The Frozen Prince Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Frozen Prince Send a message via MSN to The Frozen Prince Send a message via Yahoo to The Frozen Prince

Because of the re-release of Gold and Silver, I'd say Dawn will end up getting one of thhe starters from Johto, possibly during the Battle Frontier and all ye seem to be talking about her team being similar to Mays and May did have 3 of the Kanto starters.

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 05-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frozen Prince View Post
Because of the re-release of Gold and Silver, I'd say Dawn will end up getting one of thhe starters from Johto, possibly during the Battle Frontier and all ye seem to be talking about her team being similar to Mays and May did have 3 of the Kanto starters.
Well, that could also be possible. She has 4 Pokemon on her right now; a Leafeon and a Johto starter would fill it up.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frozen Prince View Post
Yeah, that seems the most probable scenario. I'd honestly prefer if they gave her unique Johto Pokemon, but I guess the starters are considered the most marketable by the writers.

Oh, and by the way, May had only 2 Kanto starters. :P

Anyway,

Filler Saga:
Ash:
Pikachu - Done.
Staraptor - Done.
Infernape - Could see it evolving after it inevitably defeats Paul.
Grotle - Still staying a Grotle.
Croconaw/Feraligatr - Totodile is in dire need of redemption, and development. Advertises Heart Gold/Soul Silver.
5th gen relation - Similar to Aipom i.e. an existing Pokemon that evolves into a newly introduced one in the 5th generation.

Oaked - Gliscor, Buizel.

Dawn:
Piplup - Everstone. >:
Lopunny - Developes into her main contest contender.
Leafeon - Yet to get a Grass type, parallels May's etc.
Quilava - Catches as Cyndaquil. Again, yet to receive a Fire type. Promotes HGSS.
5th gen baby - Similar to May's Munchlax.

Sent home - Pachirisu, Mamoswine.

Brock:
Croagunk/Toxicroak - Could go either way. Staying, considering it's his mascot.
Blissey - Staying.
*Something else* - I actually have no idea. :x

Sent to gym - Sudowoodo.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Thumbs down Re: dawn, brock and ash's pokemon

Quote:

Yeah, that seems the most probable scenario. I'd honestly prefer if they gave her unique Johto Pokemon, but I guess the starters are considered the most marketable by the writers.

Oh, and by the way, May had only 2 Kanto starters. :P
Only 2 Kanto starters?

Anyway. By what you said, Johto's starters aren't unique Johto Pokemon? :O
Old 05-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Ash:

Grottle - Grottle will probably stay Grottle since Ash onlyseems to evolve one starter to it's final stage in some of the series (Charizard & Sceptile)
Gliscor - I doubt Ash will be dropping Gliscor anytime soon
Staraptor - Ash will always keep one bird in his line-up. How else are they going to look for TR's balloon?
Infernape - This will probably be the last pokemon standing in the Sinnoh League battle and be used to beat Paul.
Buizel - Buizel is awesome as it is.
Pikachu - No-brainer

Dawn:

Mamoswine
Prinplup - I think it'll evolve, but only once.
Pachirisu
Lopunny - It'll evolves and still keep her crush on pikachu
Leafeon - Well since May has her Glaceon it would only make sense that Dawn would get a Leafeon
Misdreavous - Just a hope here, because none of the characters have ever had (and kept) a ghost type

Brock:

Croagunk - Someone's got to babysit Brock
Blissey - With the way Brock treats his pokemon and his skill as a Breeder, there's no doubt it'll evolve into a Blissey
Sudowoodo
Rhypherior - Because we've yet to see one, and it would keep his rock theme going
Altaria - Because isn't it about time SOMEONE got a dragon type? I can only hope on this one.
-----------
Old 06-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Ash:

Grottle - Grottle will probably stay Grottle since Ash onlyseems to evolve one starter to it's final stage in some of the series (Charizard & Sceptile) Alternate series. He had no Typhlosion, Feraligatr or Meganium in his stint in Johto. Then again... Ah well. Could go either way.
Gliscor - I doubt Ash will be dropping Gliscor anytime soon Me neither.
Staraptor - Ash will always keep one bird in his line-up. How else are they going to look for TR's balloon? With another bird? :X Then again, that's assuming Staraptor will no longer be on Ash's team, which I doubt.
Infernape - This will probably be the last pokemon standing in the Sinnoh League battle and be used to beat Paul. Either this, or Pikachu. That it'd evolve into Monferno is a given, but Infernape? Could go either way.
Buizel - Buizel is awesome as it is. *Looks at Kingler* Could be... or... *looks at Corphish* ... not.
Pikachu - No-brainer Obviously. XP

Dawn:

Mamoswine Quite obvious. Though chances are it could be released or something in Johto... *remembers the time when Ash left his Charizard for training*
Prinplup - I think it'll evolve, but only once. Hard to do so with an Everstone. :P
Pachirisu Most likely.
Lopunny - It'll evolves and still keep her crush on pikachu .See above
Leafeon - Well since May has her Glaceon it would only make sense that Dawn would get a Leafeon Again, see above.
Misdreavous - Just a hope here, because none of the characters have ever had (and kept) a ghost type And you forgot to consider a Johto starter, which'd have been more likely? O_o

Brock:

Croagunk - Someone's got to babysit Brock Well said.
Blissey - With the way Brock treats his pokemon and his skill as a Breeder, there's no doubt it'll evolve into a Blissey We'll definitely see his Chansey somewhere in Johto, and also a Blissey in the anime, but whether he'll get the final stage before the end of Johto... well, again, either way.
Sudowoodo Quite likely.
Rhypherior - Because we've yet to see one, and it would keep his rock theme going Keep it going? Sudowoodo isn't enough? :X
Altaria - Because isn't it about time SOMEONE got a dragon type? I can only hope on this one. Unlikely, but... no comment.
-----------
My comments in bold.

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 06-14-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I doubt they would even consider giving Brock 5 Pokémon. Currently, they can't even distribute the screen time evenly between a mere 3. I could see the logic if he actually participated in something that required Pokémon, but honestly, he seems more like a background character.

I would love for him and James to be introduced into some form of contests though. Possibly breeding competitions, or make Poke-Ringer a recurring event.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
I doubt they would even consider giving Brock 5 Pokémon. Currently, they can't even distribute the screen time evenly between a mere 3. I could see the logic if he actually participated in something that required Pokémon, but honestly, he seems more like a background character.

I would love for him and James to be introduced into some form of contests though. Possibly breeding competitions, or make Poke-Ringer a recurring event.
Well, he had 5 Pokemon at one time before. I won't be surprised if it happens again. Though the breeding competitions and more Poke-ringer would be nice.