Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 AM
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default dawn, brock and ash's pokemon

at the end of the whole dp series what do you think ash, dawn and brock's team will be.

I think

Ash:

Torterra
Gliscor
Staraptor
Infernape
Buizel
Pikachu

Dawn:

Mamoswine
Piplup
Pachirisu
Lopunny
-----------
-----------

Brock:

Croagunk
Chansey/Blissey (he can help Nurse Joy)
Sudowoodo
Rhypherior (Brock will catch a rhyhorn and it will evolve)
-----------
-----------

What do you think?

Post your comments here:
Old 04-19-2009, 04:47 AM
Keion Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keion
Default Re: dawn, brock and ash's pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
Dawn:

Mamoswine
Piplup
Pachirisu
Lopunny
So you think Dawn will release Ambipom?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:54 AM
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medz View Post
So you think Dawn will release Ambipom?
no! i just think the same thing that happened with ash's primeape, how it was so good at boxing that someone trained him to become a world champion, its still ash's pokemon but its not his. so like that ambipom will do the same thing with ping pong! this is a guess. not definite
Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

I don't think Ash will evolve his Turtwig and Chimchar to the last stage.

1st Gen
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard

2nd Gen
Chikorita-Bayleef
Totodile
Cyndaquil

3rd Gen
Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile

4th Gen
Turtwig-Grotle
Chimchar

As you can see, Ash has only evolved two starters to their final stage. They both may evolve but I'm not sure. The Chimchar may become Infernape and face off Paul but then again it may remain as a Chimchar and face it in that form and defeat him. Grotle may not evolve to the final stage like Bayleef.
Go to the Anime section

Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

I have a very good feeling that Chimchar will become Infernape very soon. I think it will evolve in a battle with Paul and beat all of his Pokemon easily which makes him jealous and turns him emo. As for Turtwig it will remain a fat Grotle for the rest of it's life.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
I have a very good feeling that Chimchar will become Infernape very soon. I think it will evolve in a battle with Paul and beat all of his Pokemon easily which makes him jealous and turns him emo. As for Turtwig it will remain a fat Grotle for the rest of it's life.
Well, I do know that there is proof that it will evolve into Monferno, but I'm not sure about Infernape. Dunno about the other starters though.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Shiny Gardevoir Offline

The reason why Ash traded Aipom(now ambipom)to Dawn is because it likes contests right? So will it agree to be left to train pingpong?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
SuperSaiyajin4Gengar Offline
Amateur Trainer

What i think about there pokemon in the diamond and pearl is that Ash take takes care of his pokemon. The reason why they evolve because they battle Ash mostly battles with Turtwig, Chimchar and Staravia to gain experince to level up and evolve at the right time.

Example
Ash's Catapie evolved because it was at LV6 and after team rocket battle it reach level 7 and became metapod and thanks to the samuari vs ash's harden battle metapod gained enough experience to skip levels to level 10 making ash's metapod evolve into a butterfree.

I think Exp/LV have effect on the anime the same way as games.

Ash's Pokemon
Johto
Cyndaquil = Not battled enough and keeps losing battles (Lost to Whitney 2x)
Totodile = Battled more then Cyndaquil and keeps losing (Wild Snesal/Whirl Island Cup lost in the Joho Series)
Chicarita = Battled more then previous 2 and won more battles then Cyndaquil and Totodile.

Possible future evolution.

Buizel
I think Ash's Buizel will evolve at some point because it battled equally times as Staravia, Tutwig and Chimchar
Old 04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyajin4Gengar View Post
What i think about there pokemon in the diamond and pearl is that Ash take takes care of his pokemon. The reason why they evolve because they battle Ash mostly battles with Turtwig, Chimchar and Staravia to gain experince to level up and evolve at the right time.

Example
Ash's Catapie evolved because it was at LV6 and after team rocket battle it reach level 7 and became metapod and thanks to the samuari vs ash's harden battle metapod gained enough experience to skip levels to level 10 making ash's metapod evolve into a butterfree.

I think Exp/LV have effect on the anime the same way as games.

Ash's Pokemon
Johto
Cyndaquil = Not battled enough and keeps losing battles (Lost to Whitney 2x)
Totodile = Battled more then Cyndaquil and keeps losing (Wild Snesal/Whirl Island Cup lost in the Joho Series)
Chicarita = Battled more then previous 2 and won more battles then Cyndaquil and Totodile.

Possible future evolution.

Buizel
I think Ash's Buizel will evolve at some point because it battled equally times as Staravia, Tutwig and Chimchar
Err, Cyndaquil was used much more frequently than Totodile, and was actually rather successful regarding wins, considering he was a part of the Johto team. If I'm honest, Cyndaquil was really the only one treated fairly in that aspect. Phanpy at least got redemption in the Battle Frontier, and Bayleef was somewhat well developed in terms of personality. I'd actually like to see Totodile return in a similar sense to Phanpy, (with Ash Oak'ing Buizel at the end of Sinnoh), and possibly Noctowl, although Staraptor kind of conflicts with that.

I'd hate for Grotle to evolve tbh. Paul already owns Torterra, and it's his most prominent Pokemon. That is a pretty poor arguement considering he also owns Gliscor, but Torterra just doesn't appeal to me, and I really don't see what advantages evolving it would bring, besides a larger bulk and even slower movements.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Amateur Trainer

I havan't see Ash transfering Buizel to professor oak yet but if that is true Buizal won't evolve it just like Day Care Centre they grow in level and that doesn't evolve his pokemon.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
I havan't see Ash transfering Buizel to professor oak yet but if that is true Buizal won't evolve it just like Day Care Centre they grow in level and that doesn't evolve his pokemon.
no most likely buizel wont evolve because it has confidence because against wake buizel beat floatzel, and grotle wants to become a torterra because grotle see Paul's Torterra as an idol. As for Chimchar, it is known that at some stage it will evolve into Monferno because of the Movie 12 posters but it is unknown if Chimchar is going to be Infernape.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Amateur Trainer

So do you think LV/Exp system works in the anime that causes the evolution?

I always compare the game to the anime about fainting and level up.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
So do you think LV/Exp system works in the anime that causes the evolution?

I always compare the game to the anime about fainting and level up.
Nah, I doubt it, otherwise I'm sure most of Ash's pokemon would have evolved by now.

Predictions:

Ash:
Pikachu - Done.
Staraptor - Done.
Monferno - Confirmed, and I can't see it evolving into Infernape until the Battle Frontier.
Grotle - Paul has Torterra as his main Pokemon.
Buizel - I'd actually prefer Floatzel, but I doubt it'll evolve.
Gliscor - Done.

Dawn:
Piplup - Everstone. Could mature a little however, and decide it's ready to evolve.
Lopunny - Seems pretty happy. But I doubt the writers take that into account.
Pachirisu - Done.
Mamoswine - Done.
Leafeon - Yet to get a grass type, and could parallel May's. Would like her to catch it as a Leafeon though. No more Eevees.

Brock:
Croagunk/Toxicroak - Could go either way. But its rivalry with Saturn's Toxicroak could indicate it's staying as Croagunk.
Blissey - Could become somewhat nanny-like and care for the younger Pokemon.
Sudowoodo - Done.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:40 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Gardevoir View Post
The reason why Ash traded Aipom(now ambipom)to Dawn is because it likes contests right? So will it agree to be left to train pingpong?
What a finicky Pokemon, first it likes contests, now it likes pingpong, what next?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
What a finicky Pokemon, first it likes contests, now it likes pingpong, what next?
Well to be fair Pokemon do go through personality changes when they evolve. Just saying.