Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Rate my(new)team

Weavile @ Life Orb
Adamant / Keen Eye
252 Atk / 252 Spd
Night Slash
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Dig

Salamence @ Muscle Band
Adamant / Intimidate
252 Atk / 252 Spd
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fly

Electivire @ Life Orb
Adamant / Motor Drive
252 Atk / 252 Spd
ThunderPunch
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Ice Punch

Alakazam @ Nothing right now
Modest / Inner Focus
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Signal Beam
Shock Wave
Focus Blast
Psychic

Crobat @ King's Rock <----He's a flinch sweeper
Jolly / Inner Focus
252 Atk / 252 Spd
Confuse Ray
Aerial Ace
Attract (I don't like this)
Bite

My last Pokeman is undecided. Please make a suggestion.

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Necromancer Offline

Default Re: Rate my(new)team

remove weaviles dig and salamences fly, those are 2 turn moves. they give the enemy an free setup/switch. also, attract is rather an move with some luck on the enemy. i would prefer an female pokemon with it, because more pokemons are male then female. and why is bite on crobats moveset? its an horrible weak move!

It would be awesome if someone could get me a signature made.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

This team has a horrid Rock/Ground weakness - Rhyperior will eat this up easily. Not to mention that your whole team is just "sweepers". You should add in some more defensive Pokemon (walls/tanks). A defensive water-type will help with that Rock/Ground issue. Grass Knot over Shock Wave on Alakazam will also help.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Swampert even resists Rock too! Stealth Rock is a great move that will damage Pokemon every time they switch it. Roar could be used in the last slot to help combat Pokemon that try to boost up their stats.

If you're going to use Weavile, then ditch Dig. It's not a very good move. :x With Life Orb, you should probably go with Swords Dance. Ice Shard is a possibility over Ice Punch, since Life Orb and Swords Dance will more than make up for the power drop, and a priority move is useful for revenge killing or taking out boosted dragons.

Drop Fly from Salamence. You could give it a Life Orb and Roost in the last slot over Fly. I don't really see what Electivire contributes to the team, so I'd consider dropping him for a reliable Rapid Spinner. Maybe Donphan? He would add a useful Electric resistance to your team and resists Stealth Rock + is immune to Sandstorm if Tyranitar should come in.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Look below

The last slot is open to a few different moves. If you use Swampert with Stealth Rock, you could put Roar on Donphan, or put Stealth Rock on Donphan and Roar on Swampert. Stone Edge is another option. Knock Off is useful to see what kind of set a Pokemon will be running by removing their held item.

Crobat's not that great, in all fairness. Maybe swap him for a special wall?
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

It's not a very good move. :x With Life Orb, you should probably go with Swords Dance.

Quote from necromancer dude.

With swords dance, if you use it wont you just get hit once and die?

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:42 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
It's not a very good move. :x With Life Orb, you should probably go with Swords Dance.

Quote from necromancer dude.

With swords dance, if you use it wont you just get hit once and die?
Not if you use it at the right time. You don't just use it whenever you switch Weavile in; Weavile take a lot of prediction to be used effectively, and are better at sweeping end-game.

Also, if Crobat is a "flinch-sweeper" ditch Bite since King's Rock doesn't give it a boost in flinch rate. And if you really want a flinch-sweeper I would go with T-Wave Jirachi or Togekiss, as they do it much better.

And lastly; Alakazam is terrible in Platinum-Metagame. Scizor is running around with Bullet Punch, which is usually a OHKO to Alakazam after Stealth Rock, you'd be better off with a CM Suicune, or a bulky sweeper of some kind, since your team is pretty frail.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:38 AM
FrozenVirus Offline
Experienced Trainer

Weavile will do infinitely better with Jolly nature. Weavile wants to be FAST FAST, because otherwise it dies. Weavile may want to pack Ice Shard as well, it's already fast, but it helps to eat up Scarfed pokes like Mence that expect to attack first. Weavile's kind of fragile, so if you want to lead with it, you should Sash it and add in Fake Out to counter suivide leads with Sash themselves. Taunt is also an option for bulky leads to prevent set-up. What out for Forty and Bronzong's Gyro Ball though. They can easily OHKO Weavile if not Sashed. Then there's Revenge-killer Weavile:

Revenge killer Weavile should look something like this:
CBed and Jolly
Max Attack and Speed
~ Pursuit (owns Starmie and other Psychics and Ghosts that run)
~ Ice Shard / Ice Punch
~ Brick Break
~ Night Slash (owns Psychics and Ghosts that DO stay in)

Swampert will be a great addition to your team; it seems to lack bulkiness. Personally, I use the all-out physical variant; I also don't have SR on it because I use something else.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish / Torrent
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Avalanche
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Protect / Roar

If you want to use Crobat, take out Kings Rock because that would be going against accuracy clause. Anyways, if you do use him, you may want to consider using him as a lead:

Crobat @ Leftovers
Jolly / Inner Focus
104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spd
Brave Bird
Taunt
Roost
U-turn

If not, GET A SPECIAL WALL. You can be unoriginal and use a Blissey (lol).

Mence wants Fire Blast and SOME special attack EVs to handle Skarm. Take out Fly please.

E-Vire is kinda useless, you've got 2 physical sweepers already.

kazam may wanna be scarfed / specs'ed / whatevered. Anyways, he should be Timid, because he already has enough Special Attack. Trick on kazam is always an option if you use a choice set.

lol...having 3 SR weak pokes means you NEED a spinner.

necro suggested a nice one in Donphan. Two other popular ones in OU are Starmie and Tentacruel.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm / Clear Body <---Liquid Ooze is okay too
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid / Natural Cure
136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spd
T-Bolt
Surf
Rapid Spin
Recover

I use a Forretress myself:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Yeah, that's basically it. People pretty much said most of what there was to say before me.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:26 AM
c_oh_lio Offline

Ditch Fly and Dig

I'd really say ditch the crobat for a togekiss, all your other pokemon are OUs and it makes a far more fantastic flinch- sweeper

Togekiss@ king's rock
Serene grace
-air slash
-thunder wave
-aura sphere
-roost

and for the other, try a swampert (mentioned above)
and one of my faves is

Ambipom@ life orb
-fake out
-double hit
-u-turn/ brick break/ air slash
-u-turn/ brick break/ air slash