Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Breaking Ball Offline

Send a message via MSN to Breaking Ball
Default Re-Education Trough Labor

Another classic RMT thread.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Impish
EVs: 240 HP, 52 Atk, 212 Def
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Had a Skarmory here and decided to switch with Swampert considering I had an enormous fire weakness, grass weakness goes up, but a Suicune with CM can stand a few hits. Standard, SR then Roar, Stone Edge for Gyarados and Dragons.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Def, 106 Spd
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Rest

I've always hated these things, but I want to see how good they are myself. Standard CalmCune, except I put a little bit more EVs into speed just in case. Calm Mind up and sweep.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 76 Def, 180 Sp. Def
-Will o Wisp
-Pain Split
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunderpunch

One of my favourite walls, not quite sure why, I just like him. WoW the physical sweepers, and Pain Split up when he's low health.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 100 HP, 152 Spd
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-Quick Attack

Priority moves... two of them? Yeah, this Scizor is more of a revenge and wall killer. Walls like Blissey, Dusknoir, all of the slow ones really won't be hard for Scizor.

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Flame Body
Hasty
EVs: 40 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 216 Spd
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Punch
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Makes due for a decent special sweeper and in case of a Blissey switch, gave Focus Punch. HP Ice for the dragons which are more common than a Swampert to me.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Impish
EVs: 240 HP, 56 Atk, 76 Def, 136 Spd
-U-Turn
-Wish
-Iron Head
-Reflect

Lastly, Jirachi. Since Platinum it gets Iron Head which is 30% chance of flinch, and with Serene Grace it's got a 60% chance of flinch. U-Turn to switch out, Wish and Reflect for support. Thinking about giving it a few more speed EVs just to get flinches more often.

Leeron: Even if the infinite Universe were to go against us,
Viral: Our burning blood will cut through fate!

Simon: We'll break through the heavens and dimensions!
All: We'll show you our path through force!

Simon: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann!
All: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Last edited by Breaking Ball; 04-10-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber
Default Re: Re-Education Trough Labor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Ball View Post

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Impish
EVs: 240 HP, 58 Atk, 212 Def
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Had a Skarmory here and decided to switch with Swampert considering I had an enormous fire weakness, grass weakness goes up, but a Suicune with CM can stand a few hits. Standard, SR then Roar, Stone Edge for Gyarados and Dragons.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Rest

I've always hated these things, but I want to see how good they are myself. Standard CalmCune, except I put a little bit more EVs into speed just in case. Calm Mind up and sweep.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
-Will o Wisp
-Pain Split
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunderpunch

One of my favourite walls, not quite sure why, I just like him. WoW the physical sweepers, and Pain Split up when he's low health.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-Quick Attack

Priority moves... two of them? Yeah, this Scizor is more of a revenge and wall killer. Walls like Blissey, Dusknoir, all of the slow ones really won't be hard for Scizor.

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Flame Body
Hasty
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Punch
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Makes due for a decent special sweeper and in case of a Blissey switch, gave Focus Punch. HP Ice for the dragons which are more common than a Swampert to me.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Impish
-U-Turn
-Wish
-Iron Head
-Reflect

Lastly, Jirachi. Since Platinum it gets Iron Head which is 30% chance of flinch, and with Serene Grace it's got a 60% chance of flinch. U-Turn to switch out, Wish and Reflect for support. Thinking about giving it a few more speed EVs just to get flinches more often.
The only thing I really see hurting this team is Heatran with Hidden Power Grass, but who ever uses that anyways >__>.

Anyways Scizor needs max speed to outrun some things. I really don't think HP Ev's are need since CB Scizor is a hit and run kind of sweeper. I usually run this set though :P

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant Nature [+Attack, -Sp.Attack]
Ev's: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
Technician Ability
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-Bullet Punch

U-turn really is useful, it allows you to scout switches and will help some of your mons set up (Suicune). So just think about putting U-turn in.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Breaking Ball Offline

Send a message via MSN to Breaking Ball

I would've put Speed EVs into it but I don't need them. Bullet Punch and Quick Attack are both priority moves, and I'll predict when to use Pursuit, so no need for speed there. Super Power is only to take out those walls like Blissey, Bronzong, etc., with the HP Scizor can still take a few hits.

Leeron: Even if the infinite Universe were to go against us,
Viral: Our burning blood will cut through fate!

Simon: We'll break through the heavens and dimensions!
All: We'll show you our path through force!

Simon: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann!
All: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Archer Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Ball View Post

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Impish
EVs: 240 HP, 52 Atk, 212 Def
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Okay, this should do fine, but if you're worried about Dragons, you're better off running Ice Beam on a Mixed Set or Avalanche. With 269 Atk, Stone Edge does under 50% to 0/0 Gyara with Intimidate factored in. Your better option is setting down SR and Roar it out after it DDs once.
Quote:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Rest

CalmCune's good, but it can tend to be set-up fodder when it's sleeping. If you have a way to reliably kill Vappy, then consider 'CroCune': CM/Rest/STalk/Surf. Those EVs aren't really doing anything for you. Either run enough to outspeed Modest Tran or just go 252 HP / 252 Def.
Quote:

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
-Will o Wisp
-Pain Split
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunderpunch

I'm not too great with Dusknoir, but you're probably better off with more Def and less SDef, as many Special Sweepers carry a Dark/Ghost move. Heatran is also going to come in on WoW, so watch out for it. You need the extra Def to sit in and burn TTar without Pursuit doing too much. Fire Punch allows you to hit Scizor and effectively-spin block Forretress.
Quote:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-Quick Attack

Fine, but consider U-Turn somewhere on there. It's lets you scout and take advantage of the faster spread, otherwise, run less speed. You really don't need it.
Quote:
Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Flame Body
Hasty
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Punch
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Focus Punch is great, but it's far tougher to pull off that something like Cross Chop. Cross Chop lets you nail TTar and Blissey anytime, which means they can't force you out if they come in after your kill. Personal choice really. There's little need for a Hasty Nature, as you don't really outspeed anything worthwhile, aside from Adamant Luke and Hera, and you don't want to risk them being Jolly, as Close Combat will slaughter you. Consider Fire Blast, as the accuracy drop isn't huge and you could do with the extra power. Life Orb is great for the same reason, as long as you don't throw it into SR too much. I love Maggy, but it's tough to use effectively.
Quote:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Impish
-U-Turn
-Wish
-Iron Head
-Reflect

I can't see anything wrong here, aside from an idea; Iron Head works far better on a Scarf set, as you can outspeed a large chunk of pokemon that are fragile and will be 2HKOd. Effectively, you can shut down anything fragile that's slower. If it works, though, it's fine as is. :D

The team looks alright. Nothing seems to hit particularly hard as you either run weak STAB moves or they're not operating off any huge stats. You'd be best to run either more defensive pokemon (as in, core walls like Blissey, Porygon2, etc) or run more offense, so you don't let stuff set up.

The team's incredibly slow, though. Scizor's Priority is the only thing that can take out faster pokemon, which is a worry. Consider Scarfing Magmortar? I realise then, it's almost an inferior Heatran, but Focus Punch/CC lets it take out Bliss without dying.

Yay for my first rate here... :D
Old 04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
FrozenVirus Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflTacos View Post
The only thing I really see hurting this team is Heatran with Hidden Power Grass, but who ever uses that anyways >__>.
I do =O. I love Swampert as much as I hate facing it in battle. So I always come prepared =_=.