Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default This is mine OU Team

Okay so this is my second team! [And first that I've put thought into]

So far I've won liek 5 battles and lost 2 with it.

Okay here it is! I am willing to budge on anything but Gliscor he is one of mine favorite Pokemon!

Gliscor @ Expert Belt (Sand Veil)
127 HP | 131 Attack | 252 Speed [Jolly]
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

This is the lead. I love Gliscor and he is super sexy lead. I know you will suggest U-Turn but that seriously has been no help while Stone Edge has actually been useful. :x It would be useful against this thing's biggest lead counter: Swampert. However I just don't know if I should put it on it. Anyways, point is, taunt or stealth rock depending on the situation. Then either switch or stay in if I can KO them.

I chose expert belt but maybe Yache Berry or Focus Sash would be better. Also Sand Veil could be replaced with Hyper Cutter to stop Gyaraleads from Intimidating Gliscor and then raping Gliscor. But Sand Veil boosts are always nice.

Starmie @ Leftovers [Natural Cure]
136 HP | 156 Defense | 216 Speed | 2 Spec. Atk [Timid]
~Rapid Spin
~Psychic
~Surf
~Thunderbolt

:x Okay I know it should have recover on it, but I have encountered a few TrickSpecs Gengars and Starmie is my only counter to it. So I really think Psychic should be on there....

Anyways yea so Rapid Spinner and attack if needed...

Metagross @ Choice Band [Clear Body]
6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Speed [Jolly]
~Bullet Punch
~Explosion
~Meteor Mash
~Ice Punch

15 counts of rape in the form of a Pokemon? Methinks yes. nyya
I switch it on stuff liek Blissey toxic. And then I've had someone switch to Skarmory so Ice Punch is convenient for that and Dragons...

Rotom-H @ Expert Belt [Levitate]
127 Defense | 131 Spec. Atk | 252 Speed [Timid]
~Overheat
~T-Bolt
~Shadow Ball
~Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-H is cool. I usually preidct Blissey switch ins and have to dismiss him. :( Maybe I should put Sub somewhere in there for Bliss...but not like I could do much after. :P Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers...Overheat for stuff like Metagross and Scizor. Shadow Ball and T-Bolt for type coverage. I need a little help with him. He is totally replacable...

Suicune @ Leftovers [Pressure]
252 HP | 241 Defense | 17 Spec. Atk [Bold]
~Surf
~Roar
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind

Standard Calm Mind Suicune. :o I like him.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf [Flash Fire]
4 HP | 252 Spec. Atk | 252 Speed [Naive]
~Explosion
~Flamethrower
~Earth Power
~HP Electric

I DUN LIEK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yeah Scarftran...Might replace him with something like Lucario...?

RMT PLS!!!

Last edited by Soda; 04-09-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Breaking Ball Offline

Send a message via MSN to Breaking Ball
Default Re: This is mine OU Team

You've got good movesets and type coverage, however, I don't get the point of having odd EVs... seems kind of wasteful to me, either that or pointless. Your only wall is Gliscor, which only covers physical attacks... you have no special wall whatsoever. Your team is basically filled with sweepers, all of them being special sweepers except Metagross (Also, I wouldn't count Gliscor as a sweeper, he's more of a wall).

Instead of your Gliscor moveset, a better one would be:
-Knock Off
-U-Turn
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

You may disagree with it, but walls are meant to be walls, not sweepers. There's also really no need to have Psychic on Starmie in place of Recover just for the fact that you may encounter a Gengar. Many of your Pokemon's other moves can OHKO it, like a Heatran Flamethrower or a Shadow Ball from Rotom.

I've found a much better moveset for Metagross to be:
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Thunderpunch

Ice Punch may cover dragons, but Thunderpunch can cover Gyarados and Skarmory, and it can still hit dragons (Garchomp = Uber, wut wut?!). Agility makes it faster than most already, so no need for Bullet Punch as it can outspeed just about everything that isn't scarfed. Also, with Agility you'll be ensured to attack first and get Explosion in.

Also, I see absolutely no point in having an Expert Belt on Gliscor when you should clearly have Leftovers/Yache Berry/Focus Sash. In my opinion scarfed Heatran is much better than H-Rotom. Get rid of Explosion since Metagross can already and put in Dark Pulse if you're so worried about Gengar switch ins, Dark Pulse can also cover the Psychic special sweepers.

You might want to consider getting rid of Rotom and putting in a special wall, or a dual wall at that. Good special walls can be Blissey, Regice, etc. and good dual walls can be Dusknoir, Spiritomb, etc. Also, Starmie or Suicune, pick one or the other because there's no need for two water type special sweepers. I'd say you replace one with a physical/mixed sweeper. A MixApe or a MixMence would work well here.

A good team will include AT LEAST two walls, while the rest are sweepers. I tend to go for: special wall, dual wall, physical wall, special sweeper, physical sweeper, mixed sweeper. However, most of the time I'll just have a physical wall and a dual wall, with two physical sweepers, and two special sweepers.

A supporter Pokemon would be good too, such as an Umbreon or Jirachi. They can both use Wish to heal other Pokemon and act as walls. I've been using Jirachi lately and it works wonders. U-Turn, Reflect, Iron Head and Wish. U-Turn lets it switch out easily and Iron Head (because of Serene Grace) has a 60% chance of flinching, while Reflect and Wish supports your Pokemon.

Fix it up a bit, add some walls and you should be fine.

Leeron: Even if the infinite Universe were to go against us,
Viral: Our burning blood will cut through fate!

Simon: We'll break through the heavens and dimensions!
All: We'll show you our path through force!

Simon: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann!
All: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Alright I have little nit picks on this team :X. If Gliscor is not meant to be a wall, replace him with Aero. Aero can do what he is doing alot faster. Starmie really doesn't need psychic at all to be successful, take out psychic and put recover or ice beam in there. Metagross, thats my biggest nit pick. If you are running choice band run a set like this.

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant Nature [+Attack, -Special Attack]
Ev's: 252 Hp/ 232 Attack/12 Defense/8 Speed
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit
-Thunder Punch/Ice punch
-Explosion/meteor mash.

Pursuit really rapes some of the huge common threats in the metagame including Latias which makes it even better. This set can even take out that Gengar you where talking about. Ice punch or thunder punch is really your decision, I would run Ice Punch honestly since you have Rotom and Starmie to take care of things like Vaporeon and Gyarados and the last move slot is all up to you.

Rotom looks fine, but I'm thinking you should throw those defense Ev's into HP.

Suicune is fine.

On Heatran, you can run HP Electric if you want, I find Ice to be more useful because in all honesty no one really keeps Heatran in on Bulky waters anyways.

Hope I helped.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:15 AM
FrozenVirus Offline
Experienced Trainer

I've seen Gliscor being used as a sweeper before. Sure, it's not too common, but it's been done. Plus, its defense is high enough that it can pull off a swords dance or two and proceed to own.

If you actually want to use it as a sweeper, you shouldn't make it your lead. A sweeping Gliscor might look something like this:

Gliscor @ Life Orb
Jolly / Hyper Cutter
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Fang / Ice Fang

Don't you wish Gliscor had some awesome STABed Flying attack to abuse? Like Brave Bird, for example. But then again, it's not a bird, it's a...flying scorpion. But Crobat isn't a bird either, it's a bat. And Dodrio is more of an ostrich than anything else. Anyways, that's besides the point. Jolly is preferred because it allows you to outspeed more foes, which may be crucial to being able to pull off a Swords Dance. Adamant gives you more power, and guarantees OHKOs in some situations. Stone Edge and Earthquake form a very solid coverage combination, and there aren't many pokémon in the OU environment that resist it (right now I can think of Bronzong and Breloom). Fire Fang owns Scizor, Breloom and Forretress / Bronzong, and most people expect Gliscor to pack Ice Fang instead, so you can use that to your advantage. Needless to say, many things fear Gliscor, and because it has the capability to wall so many things, people will likely switch out, letting you set up a free Swords Dance.

Funny enough, I've also seen Choice Band Gliscor, which are even more uncommon. However, they can wreak havoc if not taken seriously.

Anyways, on Starmie, I hope you realise that having 2 EVs on a stat will not change the stat one tiny bit. As a Rapid Spinner, you'd probably want to have Recover on your Starmie in the place of Psychic, which has horrible coverage in the first place.

On Metagross, Bullet Punch may actually be a good option as it bypasses Metagross's mediocre speed stat.

I don't exactly see what purpose Rotom plays on your team, however. You seem to have both invested on Offense and Defense. You should know that Gengar and Mismaigius are much better options because of their higher speed and their more colourful movepools. If you do want to use Rotom, either use it for support, or as a sweeper. If you want to use it for support, you want to invest on HP and defense so it can live as long as possible, and if it wants to be a sweeper, just go with the 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd distribution. It should be noted that Dusknoir performs infinitely better as a Supporter / Tank.

Giving Suicune 16 special attack EVs doesn't make much of a difference compared tro if you gave it 4. 3 more special attack at level 100; whoopdy-doo. Just put those SAtk EVs into defense, and use the 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk spread please. Otherwise, the moveset looks fine.

Hm...on Heatran, HP Ice would be much more useful, as it kills dragons like Mence and Flygon. Watch out for Scarfed versions of Mence though; they can be fast (I use one myself). Maybe you may want to consider HP Grass. I put it on a lot of my Fire-types, because they own would-be counters like Swampert.

As fun as an offensive Gliscor would be, I think you should stay with the tanking variant; as rofltacos said, your team lacks defense. Maybe switch iout Rotom and add something that can effectively wall special attacks? Sure, I guess Suicune can sort of do that, but your Suicune is mainly focused on defense.