Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:19 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default [DS]New Life Living in a New World - Pokémon Style[DS]

~New Life Living in a New World~
~Pokémon Style~

Ask questions, talk about characters, discuss ideas, blah blah blah, we all know what to do, right?

Role Play

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 04-13-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Default Re: [DS]New Life Living in Middle Ages - Pokémon Style[DS]

Here are some questions and answers. Either I was asked these through PM or I thought of them when I was trying to fall asleep that I feel like may be asked in the future.

Question: If you were a human that was altered, do you only gain the abilities of the DNA strands, or do you also get the individual attributes?
Answer: You get the abilities and the attributes of the DNA. Like say your character was fused with a Fire-type, you could use a Fire-type's moves and abilities.

Question: So, the DNA strands of the type of Pokémon, not the individual Pokémon itself?
Answer: No, it can be the individual Pokémon itself.

Question: If a person is altered, does their appearance change?
Answer: It all depends. If you were altered with just the DNA of an attribute, then your appearance doesn’t have to change. But if you were fused with the DNA of an individual Pokémon, then yes. Either your eye or hair color would change or you'd get extra body parts, like ears, tail, claws, wings, ect. But if you get wings, you cannot fly long distances! We humans are not designed to fly!

Question: How can a Pokémon be altered?
Answer: Well, it can be fused with another Pokémon’s DNA or with a different attribute. Let's take my character Surge for example. He was fused with Ice-type DNA, resulting in him being able to use Ice-type moves. A Pokémon can be fused with more than one DNA strand. I'm not limiting the types of a Pokémon to be just two like in the games, but no more than four.

Question: Does the Pokémon’s appearance change?
Answer: It does have to change in one way or another. Either the eye or fur color has to be different, even if they're shiny, or there has to be a mark on their body that is a result of testing.

Question: Can I play as a Legendary?
Answer: Yes.

Question: What are the restrictions on playing a Legendary?
Answer: You cannot be a test subject if you play as a Legendary. Also, you cannot be on a Trainer's team. Legendaries are meant to be wild. But they can form special bonds with one human. The Legendary can follow this human and form a Mind Link, or a telepathic link with the human. But the Legendary is still considered wild even though it will battle for the human. It does not have a PokéBall. They are born wild and will stay wild. I will also allow two of each Legendary. Weather they are normal, shiny, or recolored is up to you.

Question: Does a recolored Pokémon have to be an experiment?
Answer: No, it does not. In my mind, it all depends on where a Pokémon was raised. They can be a different color from their normal or shiny colors and still not be a test subject.

Question: Is it based in a Medieval Age setting?
Answer: Not in my mind. That was what I thought when I first came up with it, but once I started thinking about it, it's more like a New World Era thing. Do you know they time when there were colonies in the USA after the French found the land? They called it the New World or something like that. In my mind it's after the Medieval Era and more in the New World Era with a few modern technologies.

Question: Are the regions still the same as in the show?
Answer: No. I see it as a new Pangaea, one big cotenant. The earth had to repair itself, and how I see that happening is that the land went back in time, but the evolution stayed the same. So humans and Pokémon are still the same as when the experiments were being conducted.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: [DS]New Life Living in a New World - Pokémon Style[DS]

I've got a question.

Since Duncan's experiments were cut off before they could perform any physical experimentation on him, does he still need a scar on his body or is the mental instability enough?

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
I've got a question.

Since Duncan's experiments were cut off before they could perform any physical experimentation on him, does he still need a scar on his body or is the mental instability enough?
I would like there to be some mark or recolored area on him, or a band around a part of his body like when you go to the hospital and they put a band around your wrist. But I guess since it's mostly mental it's not that big of a deal...

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Lastwyvern Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Lastwyvern

Considering my recent post, are Rain and Pyre going to be in the same lab as you guys, or is he going to be somewhere else?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastwyvern View Post
Considering my recent post, are Rain and Pyre going to be in the same lab as you guys, or is he going to be somewhere else?
He doesn't have to be. Characters can be in different labs since there are many underground labs in the region.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~