Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
zuper8 Offline

Default waiting for freakin phone calls...

my pokedex on gold is at 247. all i need is dunsparce/ marrill/ azumarrill. waiting forever for the people to call me when they're swarming. i know i have the right people's numbers. does anyone know much about the programming of the phone calls? is it random, does it depend on how many tiles you walk, how many hours of gameplay, etc. i'm sick of waiting, down to just 3 pokemon to complete my pokedex!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 AM
Josh Offline

Send a message via MSN to Josh
Default Re: waiting for freakin phone calls...

I think it's based on time.

But you should try wandering around those places anyway. You can still find them, it's just harder.

Intolerance
Current Chapter: Eighteen

URPG
Old 01-07-2009, 02:37 AM
zuper8 Offline

yeah i've been messing with it a lot and they seem to happen about every half hour. the call subject also seems to be random. i kept getting a lot of BS phone calls and just ended up searching for Dunsparce instead. took less time to find him than waiting for the call
Old 04-05-2009, 03:44 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I know what you're going through. It's annoying when they don't call you isn't it? I also agree on the time factor. One trick you could try is save your game before you get the phone call, then when you get the phone call and it doesn't say the right Pokemon is swarming, turn off the game/turn it on, and take the phone call again over and over until you get that swarm. I heard in Platinum that you can do that around the millionaire of that Pokemansion until he said the right Pokemon is swarming.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
I know what you're going through. It's annoying when they don't call you isn't it? I also agree on the time factor. One trick you could try is save your game before you get the phone call, then when you get the phone call and it doesn't say the right Pokemon is swarming, turn off the game/turn it on, and take the phone call again over and over until you get that swarm. I heard in Platinum that you can do that around the millionaire of that Pokemansion until he said the right Pokemon is swarming.
Thanks for that. I'm actually doing that now.

Closed Thread