Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Machamp or Medicham?

Which one is better. I heard that Medicham gets x2 power with his ability. Some help with deciding on which one plz?

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Machamp or Medicham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
Which one is better. I heard that Medicham gets x2 power with his ability. Some help with deciding on which one plz?
Both do completely different things, so a comparison cannot really be made. Medicham's ability does doub e his Attack stat, although it's pretty poor without it so it's not as great as it may appear. Medicham is best employed as a scarved sweeper while machamp is a very bulky tank. If your team already has its sweepers then a tank may be more beneficial.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Lakota2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Machamp is pretty common in ou for good reason. Machamp can take hits and deal it right back. No Guard and Dynamicpunch are almost too good to pass up. I've seen a guts and revenge/payback combo being used somewhat lately as well. This Machamp bottoms out its speed to ensure it goes last and thus takes advantage of the order stipilations for both attacks. Guts Machamp seems to be a viable rotom switch-in (esp. when he's packing WoW). I'd go Machamp. Medicham has it's best days behind him.
"I am of the opinion that as Pokémon Red and Blue were about to be released, Farfetch'd accidentally spilled some ink on the suit of one of the most important Game Freak staff members. Since then, they have hated Farfetch'd and did everything they could to make this thing suck as much as possible on the battlefield."
-Smogon University's opinion on Farfetch'd

Pe2K shoddy server: N/A
Smogon shoddy users: Lakota2, Africanus, Kamotts
Common Alts: Acai, Living Desert, Africanis
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Well depends what you want (As always).

Machamp is much bulkier and has pretty pathetic speed, but has a once of a kind ability and a great move to go with it. Machamp can make a bulky sweeper, Rest Talker, even a sweeper if you want to throw a choice item in there. Anyways Medicham is more of a sweeper having a decent speed stat and some pretty nice attack after Pure Power although Machamp's bulkyness allows him to get farther in the current metagame because of it's massive movepool and it's ability to have more capabilities.