Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default My team (comment as you will)

Some of the following Pokemon are not done yet, so I would like maximum audience participation. Meaning, comment or even insult me.

1. Machamp (Adamant Nature)(Max Attack EVs + Max Speed EVs)
---Moves: #1. Close Combat
#2. Earthquake
#3. Stone Edge
#4. UNDECIDED

2. Golem (Adamant Nature)(Max Attack EVs + Defense EVs)
---Moves: #1. Earthquake
#2. Rock Blast/Stone Edge
#3. Explode
#4. UNDECIDED

3. Gengar (Modest Nature)(Max SpAttack EVs + Max Speed EVs)
---Moves: #1. Shadow Ball
#2. Thunderbolt?
#3. Psychic
#4. Confuse Ray

4. Metagross (Adamant Nature)(Max Attack EVs + Max Defense EVs)
---Moves: #1. Meteor Mash
#2. Earthquake
#3. UNDECIDED
#4. UNDECIDED

5. Alakazam (Modest Nature)(Max SpAttack EVs + Max Speed EVs)
---Moves: #1. Psychic
#2. Focus Blast
#3. Shock Wave
#4. UNDECIDED
6. Salamence(Adamant Nature)(Max A EVs+ Max S EVs)
#2. Fly
#3. Brick Break
#4. Dragon Claw

Well that just about does it. PLEASE COMMENT AND MAKE SUGGESTIONS!!!

Fido the level 1 Arcanine!
Bizzaro's PokePet

Banzai the level 0 Scyther!

Last edited by Bizzaro; 03-31-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: My team (comment as you will)

As pretty as your layout is, the amounts of coding, weird format and those god-aweful colours make rating it impossible. Please edit so it complies with the standard format:

Pokemon@Item
Nature (Ability)
EV Spread
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4

Any additional commentary can go underneath. Do this and I'll give you a full rate.

Last edited by Viva la Gofre; 03-30-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Why would you use Dark Pulse on Gengar? His Shadow Ball already hits Psychic types for super effective, use Thunderbolt instead for coverage.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
As pretty as your layout is, the amounts of coding, weird format and those god-aweful colours make rating it impossible. Please edit so it complies with the standard format:

Pokemon@Item
Nature (Ability)
EV Spread
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4

Any additional commentary can go underneath. Do this and I'll give you a full rate.
: / whatevs trevs, sure.

Bizzaro's PokePet

Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Bizzaro Offline
Amateur Trainer

K gofre its edited

Bizzaro's PokePet

Old 03-31-2009, 03:10 AM
FrozenVirus Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
Some of the following Pokemon are not done yet, so I would like maximum audience participation. Meaning, comment or even insult me.

1. Machamp (Adamant Nature)(Max Attack EVs + Max Speed EVs)
---Moves: #1. Close Combat
#2. Earthquake
#3. Stone Edge
#4. UNDECIDED

#3. Explode
#4. UNDECIDED

3. Gengar (Modest Nature)(Max SpAttack EVs + Max Speed EVs)
---Moves: #1. Shadow Ball
#2. Thunderbolt?
#3. Psychic
#4. Confuse Ray

4. Metagross (Adamant Nature)(Max Attack EVs + Max Defense EVs)
---Moves: #1. Meteor Mash
#2. Earthquake
#3. UNDECIDED
#4. UNDECIDED

5. Alakazam (Modest Nature)(Max SpAttack EVs + Max Speed EVs)
---Moves: #1. Psychic
#2. Focus Blast
#3. Shock Wave
#4. UNDECIDED
6. Salamence(Adamant Nature)(Max A EVs+ Max S EVs)
#2. Fly
#3. Brick Break
#4. Dragon Claw

It looks like you want a Choice Machamp set. In that case, replace EQ with Ice Punch to hit pesky Dragon-types (it's more reliable than Stone Edge). Payback is another good move to consider, because it makes good use of Machamp's mediocre speed and hits bulky Ghost and Psychic HARD. You definitely want Guts as an ability, because all of your moves (besides Stone Edge, if you use it) have 100% accuracy. Plus, if you switch in on a Toxic or T-Wave, you gain another 1.5x attack stat boost in addition to your Choice Band. EVs should go along the lines of 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd.

Ah. Golem. How original. Anyways, Golem would be best on your team playing a supoprt role. So instead of investing in Attack, you should invest in HP. Impish nature would be preferred, and take out Explosion and replace it with Stealth Rock. Stone Edge > Rock Blast. Last move can be Toxic or Roar for support options. Impish nature is the best thing to go with.

Trust me. Gengar does MUCH MUCH better with a Timid nature. Its SAtk is already high enough, and doesn't need that extra boost. It would also perform well Scarfed, which means you want to remove CR and replace it with Focus Blast or Sludge Bomb (FB only has 70% accuracy, but better coverage; SB is Gengar's strongest attack, but has bad coverage). Psychic can be replaced with Trick to piss walls off.

I'm not too sure what your Metagross wants to be with that kind of EV spread, so I won't suggest an EV spread. Anyways, since you're focusing on physical, Explosion and Bullet Punch / ThunderIce Punch could be added. It can be either Scarfed or Banded.

Kazam probably wants to be Specs'ed, so replace Shock Wave with Signal Beam and add in Trick to the set. It definitely wants Timid nature.

Mence wants Aerial Ace instead of Fly (although I question whether you should be using either). Stone Edge works wonders, and so does Fire Fang. DDMence is more common nowadays though. DDMence needs Naughty / Lonely nature and SAtk EVs because it needs Fire Blast to cripple Skarmories that come in and try to ruin the DD fun.

Okay. Dude. You need something that can wall special attacks on your team. I would suggest replacing one of your physical sweepers (as it looks as if you have 3 of them) with a Blissey or something. You don't have to use Blissey, as it's way to OU.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post

1. Machamp@Choice Band/Leftovers
Adamant (No guard)
252Att/252HP/6Spd
Dynamic Punch
Payback
Stone Edge
Ice Punch
Fighting moves have almost the exact same coverage as ground moves, so EQ is redundant. Machamp also enjoys hig bulk and dynamic punch is great for forcing switches. Payback couples with your STAB move and hits everything in the game for neutral, and ice punch puts big hurts in the likes of salamence.

#3. Explode
#4. UNDECIDED

This thing is exactly the ame as machamp, only worse. Scrap it for something more beneficial

3. Gengar@Life Orb
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt?
Focus Blast
Hypnosis/HP Ice
Psychic= moot without STAB, its coverage is abysmal. Confuse ray is solved by a simple switch out. Hypnosis please, unless you're playing platinum in which case hidden power is the way to go.

4. Metagross@Life Orb/Leftovers
(Adamant Nature)
252Att/112HP/12Def/132Spd
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

Since you already have two slow physical attackers, a third is just a stupid waste. Strap on agility so something on your team can actually sweep things with physical attacks.

5. Alakazam@Choice Specs
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP

Psychic
Focus Blast
Signal Beam
Trick
Signal Beam= Pathetic damage, meaning you get your poor defences abused when you fail to KO. Signal Beam offers nice coverage when combined with focus blast

6. Salamence@Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly
252Att/252Spd/6HP

Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Fire Fang/Fire Blast
Dragon Claw/Outrage
2 Turn moves are the sigle worst kind of move you could put on a poke, it either invites the opponent for a free setup turn or a free switch in for their counter. DD Please. As said earlier, Ground and Fight pretty much do the same thing so switch the inferior brick break for a fire move to hit skarmory and bronzong harder. Finally if you have access to platinum then salamence can learn outrage which is far better than dragon claw.

Changes in bold. At the moment, your team consists of 4 pokes all doing one job and another 2 pokes doing the same job too. As such your team is missing pretty much all the vital components while having nothing to show for it. As such you need a major revamp. First off, get rid of golem and at least one of your other physical attackers, since one makes the rest redundant. Machamp can make a nice lead so I'd get rid of either salamence or metagross, though salamence is probably the better choice. Get rid of alakazam too, he does the exact same thing as gengar but worse. This leaves you with 3 extra slots, which can be occupied by a wall for both sides of the spectrum and a mixed sweeper. Make those changes and I'll rate again.