Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:59 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: The Metal Legion v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synester View Post
I get that, and I'm not trying to get her in, but the fact that she does like metal, likes most of the bands that everyone else posted, the fact that you bought up she likes Paramore so no, bothers me. I'm pretty sure alot of Metal fans or Metal freaks like more then one genre.
I like something from almost every genre of music including Country, Pop, and Rap. I'm also admittedly diverse in my tastes, and have been listening to Metal for years, so I have ample experience with all things Metal; I know my sh*t. Alana needs to dive deeper into Metal. One month is barely enough time to fully memorize one Metal song, let alone enough songs and bands to hold up decent Metal conversation in a club that is focused on the purest Metal out there.

And please Synester, sign up if you want to post further here, and only post further here should PainKiller accept you. It's his club and he hates Metalcore and the like more than fat kids hate treadmills, so he's keeping it strict and as a loyal member, I am following suit. Please don't post again unless it contains a Sign-Up sheet.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Owned.

... and this is when the four word rule sucks. > ___>

Anywho. I found out that my history teacher knows The Rotted and also sees Cradle of Filth in the same pub she goes to each weekend. One of her friends, a rabid fan, went over to ask for an autograph and they told her to @#!? off and proceeded to laugh at her.

My history teacher ignores them. xD

She didn't think I'd know who The Rotted are. But then I started singing "Nothin' But a Nosebleed" and she was surprised. I got their autograph. :3

Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Owned.

... and this is when the four word rule sucks. > ___>

Anywho. I found out that my history teacher knows The Rotted and also sees Cradle of Filth in the same pub she goes to each weekend. One of her friends, a rabid fan, went over to ask for an autograph and they told her to @#!? off and proceeded to laugh at her.

My history teacher ignores them. xD

She didn't think I'd know who The Rotted are. But then I started singing "Nothin' But a Nosebleed" and she was surprised. I got their autograph. :3
That's pretty cool. None of my teachers like Metal, but I think it'd be nice to have one since they'd be older. Learn some stuff about older metal, stuff that you can't just read about or listen too off a CD.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

I was totally shocked to find out she likes metal. She's like... really small. And really sensible looking. But I found out she has a tattoo totally covering her back and down her legs and stuff, and she drinks in the same pub as Cradle of Filth... :D

I only found out when she saw me reading MetalHammer in class and instead of taking it away she read the article over my shoulder. XD

Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Might as well :|

Favorite bands: Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Death(Thanks LL), Amon Amarth, and Cradle of Filth
2 Favorite genres: Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal
Reason For Joining: Been listening to Metal for almost a year now, love it, and just wanna find some other people that like metal.

Last edited by Synester; 03-17-2009 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Put Metallica twice :P
Old 03-17-2009, 02:32 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synester View Post
Might as well :|

Favorite bands: Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Death(Thanks LL), Amon Amarth, and Cradle of Filth
2 Favorite genres: Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal
Reason For Joining: Been listening to Metal for almost a year now, love it, and just wanna find some other people that like metal.
I don't know, personally I don't like you already for disobeying both myself and Mitch, after we asked you not to post again.

I'll think about it, but until I tell you whether yes or no, refrain from posting in The Metal Legion.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

I just recently started listening to The Black Dahlia Murder. I'm a bit conflicted about them, to be honest. There's no doubt that it's good Melodeath, but Trevor Strnad's constant, high-pitched shrieking starts to get on one's nerves after an extended period of time. So far, I've only been able to get a hold of their Nocturnal album. I'm going to check out some of their earlier stuff and see if it's a bit less... annoying.

I'm thinking about writing a review for Nocturnal. It'd be great to get some input from anyone on here who listens to them. If you've got something important to say about them that you think would be useful in a review, try to get in touch with me.

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 03-17-2009, 03:21 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
I just recently started listening to The Black Dahlia Murder. I'm a bit conflicted about them, to be honest. There's no doubt that it's good Melodeath, but Trevor Strnad's constant, high-pitched shrieking starts to get on one's nerves after an extended period of time. So far, I've only been able to get a hold of their Nocturnal album. I'm going to check out some of their earlier stuff and see if it's a bit less... annoying.

I'm thinking about writing a review for Nocturnal. It'd be great to get some input from anyone on here who listens to them. If you've got something important to say about them that you think would be useful in a review, try to get in touch with me.

-Jake-
I have the album, have multiple plays on iTunes, and I think it's quite interesting. Hit me up on MSN man. I'll add you, actually.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post

-Jake-
Meh, I'm not too into them. I'll respect their drummer, he's pretty good. But everything else just seems to have too much of a 'core' influence. I can handle a little if the instrumenta;s are truly superb, which is one of the main reasons I enjoy The Faceless, but TBDM really are just too much.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Tombi Offline

My friends saw them a while back. They said they were pretty good. =/

I only ever listened to one of their songs and that was a couple of years ago. Maybe I'll check 'em out again.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
My friends saw them a while back. They said they were pretty good. =/
Yeah, they're alright. The blast beats they use really flow with the tempo of the rest of the instruments, unlike a lot of other bands in the genre. Although, as PainKiller said, they do seem to have a pretty big Core influence. As I'm used to listening to that kind of music, it doesn't bother me, but for anyone else, it'll take a little getting used to. Or you'll just hate them. xD

The funny thing is, I didn't find out until today that they're from my home state. All the more reason to listen to them, I guess.

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

TBDM seem to have shed some of their core influences with Nocturnal. Unhallowed and Miasma sounded a lot more like deathcore.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Orthar Offline

Un-activity in such an epic place makes me dull. So, I'm going to go ahead and post a few bands I would like everyone to have a listen to if I haven't already shoved them down your throats.

Into Eternity.
Fimbultyr.
Tracedawn.
Finsterforst.

Have fun, and remember that you too can post bands in here for others to listen. Along with that, if you have a band you wish to have added to the list feel free to tell me.

And c'mon people, let's get some reviews.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Woodchuck Offline

I've heard a lot of Tracedawn's stuff; it's great. Into Eternity is pretty good as well. I've never heard of the other two, though. I'll check them out sometime today.

I'm working on two reviews right now, actually. The one I posted about earlier for TBDM, and another one for Amorphis' "Silent Waters" album. I can't promise that they'll be done any time soon though.

Never again will I make a joke about Motley Crue. xD

-Jake-

Old 03-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Orthar Offline

New Warbringer!

There's the first track officially released off the their upcoming album 'Waking into Nightmares'. I'm counting down the days.