Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester
Default Re: The Metal Legion v2.0

What no Hair Metal this is lame :|. Kidding, its good to see another one of these things up, now all the aurguing of metal can be bought here :P
Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Just thought I'd go ahead and post here for anyone who didn't already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabbermouth.net
Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh) — the former BURZUM mastermind who is currently serving a Norwegian prison term for the August 1993 murder of MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) and setting fire to three churches — will soon be a free man.

In September 2008, Vikernes's fourth application for parole was denied, but a couple of weeks ago he finally received the message he has been waiting for: after almost 16 years in prison, he will be released.

"I will have to report [to the parole officer] for one year — initially every two weeks, and then once a month," Vikernes told the Dagbladet newspaper.

Varg's mother, who last year wrote a letter to Dagbladet in which she argued that her son was being unfairly treated by the justice officials who repeatedly denied his parole application, is very relieved that her son will be able to join his family in Bø (a municipality in the county of Telemark, Norway), where he recently purchased a small farm.

"I am very happy that he has been so strong and that he held out," she said. "It will be good for the family that they can be together every day."

For the past couple of years, Varg has been allowed to leave the prison regularly to walk around Tromsø, Norway (where the prison is located) and visit his family: his mother, his wife, eighteen-month-old son and sixteen-year-old daughter.

"I'm ready for society — and I have been for many years," Vikernes told Dagbladet last July . "I have learned from my mistakes and become older. Now I just want to be together with my family. My mind has never been in prison; I think all the time about what I should do on the day that I am released." He added, "I have barely seen my son since he came into the world. Even though I hear his voice on the phone almost every day, it is very tough to not be present while he is growing up. I miss my family. And I look forward the day that I could work on my farm, create music, write books and be with the wife and kids around the clock — and live a normal life. I have received tremendous support from my family. It means a lot."

Last year it was reported that case workers at the Justice Ministry feared that Vikernes would be unable to adjust to life on the outside after his years in jail.

In denying his parole for the second time, the Justice Ministry emphasized that Vikernes escaped from prison in 2003 and that he has ties to neo-Nazi groups.

"I haven't been in contact with them for a long time. Police security services know this," Vikernes previously told the VG newspaper.
Source.

Nice to see that Varg is getting out, I want some new Burzum.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

*screams*

Aaaaaaah Zach you remade it. <3

5 Favorite bands: Finntroll, Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth, Metallica, Turisas
2 Favorite genres: Black, folk
Reason For Joining: Because metal is the most f#@?ing amazing thing to ever exist on this planet. Also I was a member of the last one. xD

Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
*screams*

Aaaaaaah Zach you remade it. <3

5 Favorite bands: Finntroll, Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth, Metallica, Turisas
2 Favorite genres: Black, folk
Reason For Joining: Because metal is the most f#@?ing amazing thing to ever exist on this planet. Also I was a member of the last one. xD
You're accepted. And if I recall, you quit the last one.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
You're accepted. And if I recall, you quit the last one.
We need a Metal chick here to keep us boys under control anyways. :3
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

@Zach: I did? . _.

*racks brains*

... Meh, I can't remember. xD

@Mitch: *brandishes her trusty axe* Indeed you do, although I believe I'll fail, being as I'm basically the youngest here aside from Jake. o.o

Old 03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Orthar Offline

Gaahl and King Ov Hell lose court case regarding the name 'Gorgoroth' to Infernus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabbermouth.net
BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received the folowing statement from bassist King ov Hell (real name: Tom Cato Visnes) and vocalist Gaahl (real name: Kristian Espedal) regarding the latest developments in their legal dispute with guitarist Infernus over the rights to the GORGOROTH band name:

"Regarding the recent court case over the use of the name GORGOROTH, Gaahl and King confirm that parts of the verdict have been decided and went in favor of Infernus. This is only a partial verdict on the case. Because of the complexity of this case, there will be further court hearings and the final verdict will be announced within a few weeks.

"The judge came to the conclusion that it is impossible to kick out an original member even if he doesn't contribute musically or lyrically. The judge also states that one can't kick an original member out of a band even if that member performs actions which are viewed as disrespectful towards promoters, session members and other working partners.

"Gaahl and King wish Infernus the best of luck using the banner of GORGOROTH on his art.

"Gaahl and King will still present the art they are known for creating in GORGOROTH albeit under another banner. The new name will be announced shortly."

Link.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

According to my views, Varg should have been executed, but if that happened, we may not ever get another Burzum album, so...

However, if what Varg says is true and Euronymous was really planning on killing him, then I guess it was the only thing to do.

Anyway, new albums from Isis, Pestilence, and now Suffocation on the way!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
Anyway, new albums from Isis, Pestilence, and now Suffocation on the way!
Awesome. I've been waiting to hear something new from Isis.

@Tombi: You may be the youngest one here, but I'm sure you'll find a way to control us anyway.

-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Alana Marie Offline

5 Favorite bands: Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Amon Amarth, Lacuna Coil, Megadeath. I also likes Killswitch Engage. :]
2 Favorite genres: Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal
Reason For Joining: I started listening to Metal songs on a whim a month or two and I totally love it x] I am pretty new to Metal and don’t know many bands. So I am hoping I can get a few new bands recommended to me and such. ^^; And I guess I am sort of a newbie to Metal :x
Old 03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
5 Favorite bands: Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Amon Amarth, Lacuna Coil, Megadeath. I also likes Killswitch Engage. :]
2 Favorite genres: Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal
Reason For Joining: I started listening to Metal songs on a whim a month or two and I totally love it x] I am pretty new to Metal and don’t know many bands. So I am hoping I can get a few new bands recommended to me and such. ^^; And I guess I am sort of a newbie to Metal :x
Sorry, but no. Killswitch Engage is Metalcore, which is complete and utter ****. Also, after conversing with a few others we're questioning how far into metal you actually are, and if you would be able to contribute to the group. The fact that you listen to Paramore also devistated your chances of ever being accepted.

The answer is a resounding no. Sorry, but not accepted.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Tombi Offline

Yeah, I agree with Zach, sorry. The fact that you've barely listened to it makes it hard to imagine how you'd join in with any conversations.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Synester Offline

Quote:
Sorry, but no. Killswitch Engage is Metalcore, which is complete and utter ****. Also, after conversing with a few others we're questioning how far into metal you actually are, and if you would be able to contribute to the group. The fact that you listen to Paramore also devistated your chances of ever being accepted.

The answer is a resounding no. Sorry, but not accepted.
I got a question that last part about Paramore @_@. So she listens to Paramore, big whoop, doesn't mean her Metal Blood isnt there :P.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synester View Post
I got a question that last part about Paramore @_@. So she listens to Paramore, big whoop, doesn't mean her Metal Blood isnt there :P.
First off, but I don't recall you ever posting an application. Please refrain from posting here if you aren't a member.

Secondly, she has no 'metal blood'. She's been listening to 'metal' for a month. Adding onto that the fact that she is also listening to Paramore, the farthest thing from metal, makes me question how much she enjoys the genre. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept someone like that into this thread unless of course they also have a wide knowledge of Metal. My verdict stands, she is not accepted.

This isn't just your 'run of the mill' club.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Synester Offline

Quote:
First off, but I don't recall you ever posting an application. Please refrain from posting here if you aren't a member.

Secondly, she has no 'metal blood'. She's been listening to 'metal' for a month. Adding onto that the fact that she is also listening to Paramore, the farthest thing from metal, makes me question how much she enjoys the genre. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept someone like that into this thread unless of course they also have a wide knowledge of Metal. My verdict stands, she is not accepted.

This isn't just your 'run of the mill' club.
I get that, and I'm not trying to get her in, but the fact that she does like metal, likes most of the bands that everyone else posted, the fact that you bought up she likes Paramore so no, bothers me. I'm pretty sure alot of Metal fans or Metal freaks like more then one genre.