Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Is Ash Still 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
Rack, he means the outlying bumps which are referred to as breasts when girls get them in development. Misty also had them, but she clearly was 12.

Good one, Rocket Meowth about that equation you used to formulate how old may looked. She wasn't that bad, but Cindy Snow comes to mind somehow when May did something.
Oh. :X Thanks. :D

I thoought Misty actually looked older than May or Dawn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoaferBoyzX View Post
More like he gets older by every reigion he proceeds to

Of course the person who originally played Ash doesn't play as him anymore, and I can truthfully say, that he's maybe around the 14-17 age range

Kuronoa
Still not right. It's "region". XD

But yeah, he could be anything from 11 to 14-15. :P

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 03-01-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Palamon Offline

I'm pretty sure he is 12 now.

Firecracker burst~.
Join Ever Grande City!
The most amazing forum on the internet!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Quote:
Rack, he means the outlying bumps which are referred to as breasts when girls get them in development. Misty also had them, but she clearly was 12.

Good one, Rocket Meowth about that equation you used to formulate how old may looked. She wasn't that bad, but Cindy Snow comes to mind somehow when May did something.
lol. Why does everyone think I'm a guy? Am I that much a tomboy even online that my gender is first thought of as a dude?

SWEET PAWS IN A FISH TANK! Awesome.

And Misty is older than May and Dawn. She's been around longer than them. I'd put her as one year older than Ash at most. That or she is the same age as Ash.

=^^= Nya
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
lol. Why does everyone think I'm a guy? Am I that much a tomboy even online that my gender is first thought of as a dude?

SWEET PAWS IN A FISH TANK! Awesome.

And Misty is older than May and Dawn. She's been around longer than them. I'd put her as one year older than Ash at most. That or she is the same age as Ash.

=^^= Nya
Lol. I noticed that, but then I was afraid you were not the one being targeted. So I didn't mention it. XD And yes, you are a tomboy. Online and in real life. >:D So AMMf was talking about you...

I'd probably put her as definitely older than Ash, since, after all, she was already a Gym Leader with strong Pokemon when Ash had just been starting out. As for May, she'll be younger than Ash but older than Dawn. Brock owns them all in age though. >:D

Wait. Sweet paws in a fish tank?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:46 AM
The Admiral GiMoo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ash is still probably 10. He might be one of those un-aging characters.

Credit to Anastasia-R for making the banner!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimoo View Post
Ash is still probably 10. He might be one of those un-aging characters.
Huh. Now that you mention it, has any official Pokemon anime website or something mentioned his age?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Lol. I noticed that, but then I was afraid you were not the one being targeted. So I didn't mention it. XD And yes, you are a tomboy. Online and in real life. >:D So AMMf was talking about you...

I'd probably put her as definitely older than Ash, since, after all, she was already a Gym Leader with strong Pokemon when Ash had just been starting out. As for May, she'll be younger than Ash but older than Dawn. Brock owns them all in age though. >:D

Wait. Sweet paws in a fish tank?
Yes. Sweet paws in a fish tank. And sweet mother I'm a tomcat! Beautiful.

And yeah, I forgot about Misty already being a gym leader. Hah. As for Brock, dude there is no way he's not like... close to 18. Maybe even in his 20's. I dunno. All I truly know is that he's got a lady addiction. lol

As for he mentioning of Ash's age, all we were informed of is that he's ten. But you know a year has gone by, making him 11 at most. In the short Pikachu and Pichu, it was the 1-year anniversary of the day Ash and Pikachu met. That means a year passed and that also meant that, that day was also his birthday.

So if we really want to settle on a known age number, Ash is 11 years old.

=^^= Nya
Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Yes. Sweet paws in a fish tank. And sweet mother I'm a tomcat! Beautiful.

And yeah, I forgot about Misty already being a gym leader. Hah. As for Brock, dude there is no way he's not like... close to 18. Maybe even in his 20's. I dunno. All I truly know is that he's got a lady addiction. lol

As for he mentioning of Ash's age, all we were informed of is that he's ten. But you know a year has gone by, making him 11 at most. In the short Pikachu and Pichu, it was the 1-year anniversary of the day Ash and Pikachu met. That means a year passed and that also meant that, that day was also his birthday.

So if we really want to settle on a known age number, Ash is 11 years old.

=^^= Nya
Meow. :3

Official Pokemon sources still say he's 10? If so, we'll have to settle on n, where n ≥ 11. XP Or do our own calculating depending on exactly where Ash celebrated his anniversary.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 AM
ORDinaryDreamer Offline

Ah, I wish people had been as logical contributive as this when I had my "Ash: the Ageless Enigma" thread, lol. I think Ash is no less than 14 and no more then 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
Agreed, though I think that it would be more like one month for all of the movies.
Actually it seemed as though most of those movies were in the span of a few days. Like Jirachi was a week, and Lugia couldn't have been more than 4 days (lol, I remember the movies by their legendaries ^^;) Lucario seemed like a week or so...

Quote:
I just wish there would be more indication in the anime towards all their ages. Especially with Brock, Jessie, and James. Heck, even Meowth deserves an age (he's not young you know).

=^^= Nya
YES!! I don't think there's anyway those 4 are children or even teenagers anymore!! I mean at the very beginning we could still say Brock was an older teen, since he was obviously (at least to me) older than Misty, who I believe is older than Ash (b/c she is a gym leader and I don't think they allow 10 year olds to be gym leaders) and Team Rocket through and through has unquestionably been older than all of them.

Quote:
I honestly can't see a movie truly affecting the length of time Ash spends in a region. Sure it's a new location, but that doesn't mean it would dramatically alter the amount of time Ash takes to complete a region.
I think collectively like all of them, how many movies are there now 12?, would add up, travel time and all to about a couple of months...about.

Quote:
I don't know why anime thinks they can keep people young forever. Well, Simpsons is like 18 years and Bart is still 10 and Lisa 8?
I'd be fine with Ash staying the same age, if his pokemon never evolved and if he never left kanto or traveled to different gyms and gained experience (which he often ignores to act like a complete n00by fool whenever he gets to a new region - HA! Some Chosen One!)

That's the difference between Simpsons and Pokemon. The Simpsons live in the same town day in and day out, with the exact same people and same clothes. Their parents never get a gray hair, their grandpa never dies and their sister is always going to be a baby and them in elementary school.

Pokemon however, the pokemon evolve, train, and even are released. Ash is always on the move and generally doing things on does tha you are expected to PROGRESS from. Even the people around him progress and change! Misty, Gary, and Brock - even Team Rocket have gone through things that have changed the way they behave and their aspirations and circumstances.

The only ones who haven't changed are Ash and pikachu, and that's my take on it and no amount of picking it apart is going to make me change it!! (*cough*Beng*cough*)
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORDinaryDreamer View Post
Ah, I wish people had been as logical contributive as this when I had my "Ash: the Ageless Enigma" thread, lol. I think Ash is no less than 14 and no more then 16.
Actually, the thread name is "Ash (Satoshi) The Stunted Enigma". Get your facts right.

Quote:
Actually it seemed as though most of those movies were in the span of a few days. Like Jirachi was a week, and Lugia couldn't have been more than 4 days (lol, I remember the movies by their legendaries ^^;) Lucario seemed like a week or so...
You think so too?

Quote:
YES!! I don't think there's anyway those 4 are children or even teenagers anymore!! I mean at the very beginning we could still say Brock was an older teen, since he was obviously (at least to me) older than Misty, who I believe is older than Ash (b/c she is a gym leader and I don't think they allow 10 year olds to be gym leaders) and Team Rocket through and through has unquestionably been older than all of them.
Heck, due to a voice acting change, it seems as if Ash's voice broke in recent episodes. Just as well.

Quote:
I think collectively like all of them, how many movies are there now 12?, would add up, travel time and all to about a couple of months...about.
About 60 days? Yeah, somewhere there, I guess.

Quote:
I'd be fine with Ash staying the same age, if his pokemon never evolved and if he never left kanto or traveled to different gyms and gained experience (which he often ignores to act like a complete n00by fool whenever he gets to a new region - HA! Some Chosen One!)

Quote:
That's the difference between Simpsons and Pokemon. The Simpsons live in the same town day in and day out, with the exact same people and same clothes. Their parents never get a gray hair, their grandpa never dies and their sister is always going to be a baby and them in elementary school.

Pokemon however, the pokemon evolve, train, and even are released. Ash is always on the move and generally doing things on does tha you are expected to PROGRESS from. Even the people around him progress and change! Misty, Gary, and Brock - even Team Rocket have gone through things that have changed the way they behave and their aspirations and circumstances.
i
Can't disagree there.

Quote:
The only ones who haven't changed are Ash and pikachu, and that's my take on it and no amount of picking it apart is going to make me change it!! (*cough*Beng*cough*)
Looks like he won't grow until he fulfills his dream. Was a spell placed on him or something? Either that or he's finally growing now. Or you could be right.

Oh, and Chuck Norris can change your take on it just by picking it apart. Once.